Stadiums in Israel

Discussion in 'Israel' started by Green Brigade, Jul 10, 2007.

1. montoya040

montoya040 New Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Why are there so many future stadium designs ? Are you guys investing in your football league ? In greece we have a lot of these models of stadiums that will be built but only 1 in 20 ever actually get done.

2. Schnorrer

Schnorrer Member

May 17, 2005
    Venezuela
    Club:
    Maccabi Tel Aviv FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    well they are building these new stadiums cause the current ones look like crap, they are old, dirty, and with almost no services...at least in Greece u have decent stadiums..!

3. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Same in Israel.
    The F.A in Israel is as corrupt in Greece.
    They promise one thing and do something else....

For sometime when we had money it seemed like we were on top of the world. All of a sudden rich people from Germany, Russia, US, Canada and even England came and invested money into Israeli soccer.

Yet, we were still the same.... nothing changed...we made great teams, but these teams dont produce good results for us....

Infact, no one wants to play in Israel - many of the good players freak out and dont sign anything.

While that is being done, there is always talk about making new stadiums. At one end, i agree that alot of stadiums are just ugly. And being in a few of them, i gotta admit, its not what you get elsewhere. Theres not even a concession stand in the stadium let alone a bathroom.

I recall going to Teddy Stadium for the game vs. FCK (Copenhagen). It was my first time in the stadium. And i seriously saw only 1 bathroom and no food stands or merchandise stand. There was a guy selling some bagels and stuff and drinks which were warm and he just put out a table and was being crammed by the fans - and these are Beitar fans..so you gotta imagine.

I also went to Kiriat Eliezer in Haifa. That place is even worse!
    Least they got bathrooms. I heard for a long time that our National Stadium didnt even have bathrooms.

But on a serious note - alot of those interviewed were who are responsible for the stadiums indicated that they have a date - unless there is insufficient funds, then it gets delayed or never happens.

Israel needs stadiums that are like in Sweden. 5-10,000. That they cater not only to soccer but to the communities events as well.....

4. sko16

sko16 New Member

May 2, 2007
    Israel
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Kiryat Atta has a football team???

Weird. I was there randomly.

5. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Maccabi Ironi Kiriat Ata F.C

they play in Israel's 1st division.
    They are soon to be relegated...

6. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Borussia Who...? :))

Please translate! ;) What is that article about?

Btw: This is how the stadium looks from outside (in contrast to most other BL arenas, it belongs to the club):

[​IMG]

7. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Is that the smaller version of Borussia-Park? :)

8. Schnorrer

Schnorrer Member

May 17, 2005
    Venezuela
    Club:
    Maccabi Tel Aviv FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    it says about a new 70,000 stadium for the national team in Raman Gan in the same place were the current national stadium is....

9. YossiBenayoun

YossiBenayoun New Member

Sep 26, 2006
    what a waste of money. None of these cities need those stadiums. Israeli clubs need 15 - 20,000 max. There is NO WAY they will ever fill that stadium in Beer Sheva unless a big team comes to play there.

The national team can go with a 55,000 seater.

The stadiums looks nice though, but again, i doubt half of them will ever get built and if they do, they will have a hard time selling them out.

10. Amerikaki

Amerikaki Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Queens

Besides Beer Sheva, there are few stadiums that have capacity for more than 20k. Israel needs these bigger, newer stadiums as we look to the future, especially if we want to have any chance of hosting an international tournament.

11. YossiBenayoun

YossiBenayoun New Member

Sep 26, 2006

I disagree, we dont need these bigger stadiums. We wont host a world cup and if we do host a Euro Cup it will be as a co-host and we wouldn't need all those stadiums anyways as 2-3 would be sufficient.

All these stadiums look nice and fancy in pictures and I'm sure they will attract a few more fans to the stadium, but 30,000 in Beer Sheva is useless and a waste of money.

They need to be efficient when it comes to these stadiums and 70,000 for the NT is WAY to much. We aren't England or Germany or Spain, not a lot of people go to the club games in Israel and a few 30,000 seat stadiums is a big waste of money.

Thats just my opinion of course!!

12. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

And what has that to do with Borussia-Park...? ;)

13. MHaifa1913

MHaifa1913 Moderator
    Staff Member

Metro
    United States
    Dec 21, 1998
    New York, NY, USA
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They are just using your stadium as a model for how it might look.

14. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thanx for the info.

15. nomaed

nomaed New Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Well I have several comments about this thread and about stadiums in Israel;

First of all, the national stadium shouldn't be more than 50,000 because the only games it will be full are official high-importance games (maybe twice a year). Cup Final will probably bring 30,000.

No team in Israel needs a stadium of more than 20,000 because most of the them are struggling to bring more than 1000 fans anyhow for home games.
    There are only several teams who need the 20k-seats anyhow and it's Maccabi Haifa, Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Hapoel Tel-Aviv and Beitar Jerusalem.
    Others should be happy with 10k-seats stadiums (and only in Ligat haAl).

Lower leagues don't need new stadiums at all.

About the stadiums themselves, I really hope that new stadiums will be build with 4-way stands, close to the pitch (without any running tracks), with roof to create a closed-hall atmosphere, English or Scandinavian style.

Other than that, punch my face and call me silly, but I can bet you all that maybe 3 of these 10 planned stadiums will be (re/)built, and it will take significantly longer times than they "promised".

So if they are saying that Ramat-Gan stadium will be rebuilt between 2009 'till 2012 (even if we wouldn't have the financial crisis), it'd maybe start at 2015, half would be built 'till 2020, and the other half will be stalled 'till 2030 at least due to "out of funds" ;)

16. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Israel does need new stadiums...but i agree not over 50,000 seater....
    We should make state of the art facilities that are new.....
    I dont mind making for lower leauge teams stadiums that are 4,999 (my five in my keyboard doesnt work).... to 8,000. Mid level top tier 10,000-14,999 and teams that are big......like Beitar/Haifa/Tel Aviv.....30,000....

make them more attractive vs. more seats...
    Seats were good for a while..but then you cant see the game and the stadium gets neglected..only communist nations like USSR, Poland, Romania wanted them because then they will show that people want to see the game, but in the end, they get neglected....

17. nomaed

nomaed New Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Nah, lower leagues have attendance of 50 to 300 per match. That includes the Liga Leumit.

18. FCMN

FCMN New Member

Oct 25, 2008
    Israel/Canada
    Club:
    Maccabi Netanya FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Problem of attendance is only because of the prices, and of course it's more comfortably to watch the game on TV from the Sofa...But never forget that in the past a lot more people use to go to games. What we don't have compare to countries like Germany and England is a football culture.
    Of course it's the most popular sport in Israel, but for example: Haifa fans filled Ramat Gan stadium with 40,000 fans vs Rosenborg to qualify for the Champions league, but in a league game they sometimes bring below 5000...This is the same with Maccabi Tel Aviv and Beitar...
    So the potential is there...Netanya fans haven't seen a title for over 25 years. Last year we brought to the Semi final of the Israeli cup 12,000 fans (the Max tickets we got).

Basically what I mean to say is, Israeli fans are fans of success. If the team is not succeeding, the fans won't come. I can not say the same in other league. In the Premier League, even the team in the last place manage to fill the stadium!
    This is the main problem...

19. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    I agree..
    The problem is that our lower leauge is amature...but we do act like our top leauge is amature too.

Bnei Sachnin acts a big amaturish.... and some teams are managed like they are amatuer. We need to go professional and it doesnt attract players or fans.

Fans going to games is rather tricky...
    the only place you have fans packing the stadiums in in Bloomfield, Teddy and Kiriat Eliezer..... thats about it..

Dont prickle the Israeli fans.
    You tried to have Maccabi Tel Aviv play in Ramat Gan stadium and all that happened was half to less than half and even 500 people coming to the games....

We are far from Greek or English highs..
    Greek attendance is 14,000 on avg...
    ours is around 3,000

20. I.F.G.

I.F.G. New Member

Jun 22, 2009
    First of all I want to know why I am not allowed to publish a new thread?! If someone else can publish a new thread, please send me a message, I will send you the text.

The reason why I want to publish a new thread is due to a new Israeli Football site in the WWW. It is called Israel Football Guide. The site will promote all informations about Football in Israel. There are menus for the National Teams, Leagues, Cups, Women, Youth, Stadiumguide, Fanguide, Clubs and as well it will provide a Forum for Fans of Israeli Football all over the world and a Gallery where we try to publish pictures of the Stadium atmosphere every week.

We are still looking for people, that help us to complete the site. Temporarly we finished only a very few, but working hard to provide more and more informations.

IF you have questions, ideas or want to help us, please contact me!

21. snowbozo21

snowbozo21 New Member

Nov 15, 2006
    Wandering
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    you should be able to start a new thread. I would be interested in helping out...

22. Ami05

Ami05 Member

Apr 28, 2005
    California
    70,000 seated stadium would be amazing. Not for our clubs but for the national team. If we had 70,000 people singing and screaming for our national team it would be a big advantage. Compare Santiago Bernabau to a 20,000 stadium,,,,,BIG DIFFERENCE.

I doubt it will happen though. 1 is security reasons. 2 is , they usually build stadiums based on population of country, filling the seats as was stated.

23. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    70,000 looks possible. I mean...you gotta replace the Ramat Gan stadium sometime like all the Israeli stadiums right now... There is too much of a mess and we cant renovate a 1950's stadium that was made in bad form in these days...

Security or not..Stadiums that are made today are more secured than ever. It can be 70,000 seater or 170,000 seater...the stadium is made for protection.
    Stadiums back in the day, like Ramat Gan stadium or any other stadium in the world didnt really realize the consequence of fan violence or terrorism. No one in the 1940 or 60's expected someone to come with a rifle or a bomb belt and kill people at a soccer match up.

I do fear however that this stadium is going to be neglected alot. NT games will be played to crowds of 20,000 or less.. Im not forcing people to come to Israel vs. Cyprus/Liechienstein or Armenia...but atleast make prices cheap and make the tickets as a sort of give-a-way to pack the stadium up.

Another thing is that regardless:
    a) Israel needs a new stadium for the National team.
    b) New Stadium will be more secured and large
    c) New Stadium will allow us to make bids for UEFA finals in the future
    d) New stadiums will finally satisfy Kappa's hunger to have:
    1) A food/concession stand
    2) Stores of the NT
    3) UEFA certification of approval

24. Dr Jay

Dr Jay BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 7, 1999
    Newton, MA USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can someone tell me about the following soccer fields in Haifa:

1. Ketsef Central
    2. Neve Shaanan

Size, quality of pitch, how close are they to downtown Haifa ? Can you get to them via public transportation ?

25. MHaifa1913

MHaifa1913 Moderator
    Staff Member

Metro
    United States
    Dec 21, 1998
    New York, NY, USA
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ketzef is where Maccabi Haifa trains. I know that both locations will be used for the football competition of the Maccabiah.