Stadium thread

Discussion in 'France' started by SportBoy333, Oct 14, 2007.

1. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Talk about current stadiums, renovations/expansions to current stadiums, and brand new stadiums being planned.

2. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Nice: the project of the great started again stage (13/10/2007)
    After two refusal of administrative justice, the project of the great stage in Nice seemed definitively buried. But the mayor of the city Jacques Peyrat is obstinated and decided to again launch an invitation to tender to find a dealer charged to build and manage the future enclosure within the framework of a delegation of public utility. The stage, which should have a capacity of 32 000 places, will be delivered as soon as possible in 2010. But within sight of the legal difficulties which await the project, the expiry should be pushed back once again. (By Pierre Lopes)

http://news.maxifoot.com/info-069238_71015/football.php?equc=Nice

3. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Stade Feliex Bolliert renovation

Projet d'agrandissement
    Le stade prévoit de nouveaux aménagements en vue de l'ouverture du Louvre-Lens courant 2009. Les futurs travaux du stade Bollaert sont évalués à 100 millions d'euros et comporteraient un troisième niveau pour la tribune Marek (ce qui ferait doubler la capacité de la tribune), un toit, un hôtel et la fermeture des angles. La capacité du stade devrait donc passer la barre des 50 000 places.

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stade_Félix-Bollaert

4. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  5. ToBeAGooner

ToBeAGooner New Member

Jan 3, 2006
    Wow, that proposed new Velodrome is hideous.

6. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    OM: a roof for the Velodrome? (18/10/2007)
    The mayor of Marseilles, Jean-Claude Gaudin, ensured that the Vélodrome stage will be renovated in the next years. If no project were still validated, it is a question of covering the stage and of extending its capacity to 80 000 places. At a few months of the local elections, this subject revêt a very particular and significant importance. In all the cases, the delivery of the new stage should not intervene before 2010 even 2012, informs the Marseilles club. (By Nicolas Lagavardan)

http://news.maxifoot.com/info-069405_71019/football.php

7. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    a colleague was in marseilles this weekend for scuba diving, and she was talking about how long the city has been promising renovation of the facilities used... about as long as they've been talking about the new vélo, and i hope nobody's holding their breath for either.

the same goes in spades for ajaccio... they were repeatedly threatened with relegation if they didn't do something about their godforsaken s...hole, finally i think they decided to go down all on their own to get a little peace.

nungesser is horrible but i think the pic in catel's thread dates a bit. here's what it's looked like for quite a few years now

[​IMG]

... there's a big end tacked on that about doubles capacity but makes it look even worse.

finally, i think the name for OL's new stadium will be stade sportfive. they're the ones sheckeling up for it.

8. Inara

Inara Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    From what I recall, Sportfive and OL signed a 28m euro deal to be paid out over the next ten years. Sportive helps clubs broker deals with other companies over naming rights. The chosen company has to pay between 150-200 million euros.

I was expecting the name to be something like Novotel Arena because Novotel are the major partners of Lyon at the moment, their deal going beyond 2010 since the two hotels on OL Land will be Novotel hotels.

Any word on when Aulas will announce the name of the stadium?

9. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I think the naming is an ashaming post-modern way of business.

Yesterday stadiums and facilities where named from great humanist people. Today they look like giant supermarkets.

For me the only worthy and honorable name OL stadium could took is Stade docteur Albert-Trillat. Dr Trillat is the main father of OL in 1950. He was a Resistant during WW2, war prisoner, and a great sport surgeon.

10. Neeto

Neeto Member

Sep 9, 2007
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anybody know when Lille's renderings will be presented to the public? The stadium will supposevly be finished by 2010, but I havent seen anything on what the stadium looks like.

11. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    So the new Le Mans and Lyon stadiums will have corporate names. This trend is new to France. Anyone have any thoughts on this ? Will any exsisting stadiums begin to sell their naming rights ?

12. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Toulouse's Stadium Municipal could.

13. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I read that when Stade Felix Bollaert is finished being redeveloped there could be a name change.

Bollaert not be called soon Bollaert perhaps more ... Gervais Martel admet cette hypothèse. Gervais Martel admits this hypothesis. "Nous avons chargé la société IMG de réaliser une étude très complète sur le sujet. Rien ne s'opposerait à ce que notre stade ne prenne le nom d'une société privée. Mais il faudrait veiller à garder l'historique de l'ancien nom, pourquoi pas en appelant Bollaert une des tribunes." "We have instructed the company IMG to achieve a comprehensive study on the subject. Nothing precludes what our stage takes the name of a private company. But care should be taken to keep the history of the former name, why not call one of the forums Bollaert. " Réduire Bollaert au nom d'une simple tribune... Reduce Bollaert on behalf of a single platform ... Une façon d'essayer de faire taire ceux qui ne manqueront pas de s'opposer à un tel acte. One way to try to silence those who will not fail to oppose such an act.

14. Neeto

Neeto Member

Sep 9, 2007
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Well if it ever gets built I assume it will have a coroprate name as well. If France gets Euro 2016 it will definately be one of the host stadiums.

16. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    TOURS FC NEEDS A NEW STADIUM
    Stade de la Vallée du Cher

that stadium is very out dated they need a new 20k seats... stade! http://www.toursfc.fr/ i think there now! 13k seats

"37 ":D

17. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Grand stade à Brest

FRANCE REALLY NEEDS A BIG STADIUM IN BREST SOMETHING LIKE 40.000 SEATS FOR STADE FRANCIS LE BLE THE euro bid france need for stadiums that can hold ......:D

18. Neeto

Neeto Member

Sep 9, 2007
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great news, I can't wait for the stadium to be build. I am also looking forward to the renderings to see how the next generation of French stadiums will look like.

19. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  20. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  21. Neeto

Neeto Member

Sep 9, 2007
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That looks incredible!:eek: I don't think I have ever seen a video showing the renderings of anything like that. What is the approximate date of finishing the stadium?

22. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    2010 if JMA is to be trusted.