Stadium Profitability

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by Revolt, Jun 11, 2012.

1. wantmlsphilly

wantmlsphilly Member+

Aug 2, 2006
    Philadelphia, Pa.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I wouldn't bet to much if I was you! Google it and you'll find out your dead wrong.

2. xfactor9600

xfactor9600 Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Indiana
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sure the town voters voted early and often when some of these issues (like home rule) were on the ballot.

3. SYoshonis

SYoshonis Member+

Jun 8, 2000
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Club:
    Michigan Bucks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Happily most of "us" know better than to get "depressed" over the Fire getting a stadium built for free, after years of begging for nothing more than a place to build one on their dime. As it stands now, this doesn't affect the Fire's revenues in the slightest, as most of "us" understand.

Please explain....no, never mind. Just know that you have not the slightest damned idea what you're talking about.

The Cadaver, Oobers and Jasonma repped this.
  4. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Kind of piling on now but here in Houston there are all kinds of financial problems with the Houston-Harris County Sports Authority that built Reliant Stadium (NFL), MinuteMaid Park (MLB), and Toyota Center (NBA). They are having trouble meeting their debt obligations, are unable to raise revenues, have had their bond rating reduced, and are teetering on the edge of default. None of that has impacted anyone's perception of the teams or leagues that play in those stadiums.

I'll bet that you would find that this is not an unusual situation in cities that have built stadiums. The problems faced by those funding agencies does not carry over to their teams.

NOTE: The H-HC Sports Authority is managing BBVA Compass Stadium (MLS) but they have no debt obligations on it since they did not contribute any money towards its construction.

5. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's all fun and games until the H-HC Sports Authority collaterializes BBVA Compass Stadium to refinance the debt on the others (don't laugh!)

6. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    newtex can correct me but I don't think HHCSA can do that to BBVA.

Right? :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::(:cautious: