Stadium News & Spectulation: "We're gonna need a bigger thread"

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by NattyBo, Oct 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asitis

asitis Member+

Mar 30, 2005
    Charlottesville
    I remember back in the early years lines forming to piss in the sink, when the bathroom was full.
    Yeah, multiple times.:eek:

asitis

2. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this should be perfectly acceptable in the men's room. It used to be a general rule at RFK concerts, if the line was out the door, start using the sinks.

It's a bit tougher for the ladies to do and some of them even want to wash their hands.

3. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    When you walk into a ********in bathroom and it's pitch black cos all the lightbulbs went out again it might also be acceptable to piss on floor. Just make sure noone else is in line of fire :D

4. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Speaking of which, I have enjoyed going up to the 400/500s to pee once or twice this year at halftime, no lines at all - but also no lights :) And if you peek your head out to see the field from there (after coming out of the bathroom smartasses), CSC guys instantly start walking towards you :)

5. asitis

asitis Member+

Mar 30, 2005
    Charlottesville
    This reminds me of the story a friend told me some time ago.

He goes to a public restroom, pees and then walks out without washing his hands. Some fellow calls out: "Didn't your momma teach you to wash your hands after using the bathroom?"
    His response: No, but my daddy taught me to keep my pecker clean and not to piss on myself."

asitis

6. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got to use that "line" on a Captain when I worked in the Pentagon once. I thought he set me up intentionally, but turns out he didn't - he said "in Officer Training School they teach us to wash our hands after we pee", I responded "in Basic Training they teach us not to piss on our hands".
    Having thought he set me up, he was not quite as amused as I expected.

skippy and Winoman repped this.
  7. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I was pleasantly surprised half of those are still unlocked and half of those have working lights.

8. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    It's true, Europeans really are more civilized.

BBBulldog and fatbastard repped this.
  9. Petworth Posse

Feb 24, 2009
    Club:
    DC United
    I went to Boston U., just across the river from Harvard. We had a bit of a complex about that. So the story everyone tells is about going to a lecture at Harvard, going to the bathroom afterward, and running into the lecturer who says "At Harvard, we wash our hands after going to the bathroom," to which I responded, "At BU we learn not to piss on our hands." Or so the story goes...

10. stangspritzring

stangspritzring Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    NorMD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would have come back with "At BU, we learn to piss on d-bag lecturing a-holes."

Strangely, I don't have many d-bag lecturing a-holes as friends.

Petworth Posse repped this.
  11. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    So in those stadiums in Central America where fans fill urine bags, do you think ....

12. stangspritzring

stangspritzring Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    NorMD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, better to get them going from the bus to the stadium, so that maybe you can evade the cops and still watch the game.

But, get that stuff from a hunter's supply place that's next to impossible to wash off.

13. gremio1903

gremio1903 Member+

Aug 10, 2011
    Uruguaiana, RS (BRA) [last: Rockville, MD]
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    And South America. It is awful...

One REALLY needs to LOVE the game!

14. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Central America... West Virginia... it's all the same.

DCUSKINS, greekchampion04 and Sounder repped this.
  15. ImNumberTen

ImNumberTen Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mike Wise in WaPo: http://goo.gl/wLTGU

"That’s why there is no better time to close a long-overdue, soccer-specific stadium deal in Buzzard Point, near Nationals Park. Ground could be broken sometime in 2013. By 2015, they could commit this too-big, too-old relic to memory — the way the Redskins did, oh, in 1997, and the Nationals did in 2007."

"It’s time a franchise as committed as this one to the town and its legions — one of just two MLS teams out of 19 with a stadium problem – is made whole by a city that once footed a neophyte Major League Baseball team $600 million for a new home."

Right on, Mike.

bct81 and Heist repped this.
  16. Heist

Heist Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Surprised to see anyone else at the post that wrote something not about RGIII and the Skins.

17. bct81

bct81 Member+

multiple (DC United, Dortmund, Arsenal, Leeds....)
    United States
    Mar 17, 2007
    moving around the US every few years ....
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

damn right ... I hope that is Garber's major announcement at the MLS Cup ... the fans, the team, and the city deserve it.

17 years is a long enough wait.

18. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    OMG if Garber is the one announcing our stadium my head's going to explode. And if our stadium gets announced in front of a bunch of Galaxy fans, my head will double explode.

It absolutely has to be Chang, Levien, Thohir and Olsen in DC.

Payne can keep his ass home too.

sitruc repped this.
  19. bct81

bct81 Member+

multiple (DC United, Dortmund, Arsenal, Leeds....)
    United States
    Mar 17, 2007
    moving around the US every few years ....
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't want it that way either (I would rather have Thohir and company announce it this week) but typically Garber wants to make one or more major announcements leading up to the Cup as part of an overall PR campaign. I would make sense. But I understand your point about the Gals.

20. Potowmack

Potowmack Member+

Apr 2, 2010
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is he scheduled to make a major announcement, or is this just speculation? If the former, my money would be on it being some major news about the mythical NYC2 that Garber touches himself while thinking about every night.

21. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    Yeah it just doesn't make sense to announce anything on the West coast. The only eyes watching will be the MLS-centric media.

I'm sure that Chang and co. will want to announce in DC with a massive presence of local media. It would do more for the team from a marketing POV.

22. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Why is it that somehow I have a feeling in my gut that all of this Garber announcement talk is nothing more than ZZZZZzzzzzzzz ............

23. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I'm looking forward to those B1G Championship games in our new stadium...

24. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I could give a rat's ass about where the announce it, or who announces it

As long as the stadium is here

25. DangerMouse37

DangerMouse37 Member+

Jan 22, 2004
    WDC / Barra
    For sure, if they announce we're getting a stadium on Mars, I'm happy to have it. That said, it would be so MLS 2012 to make the biggest announcement of the last 8 years for DC -- one of the most important ever -- at a stadium 3000 miles away where no DCU fans will be and no one in the stands could care.

MLS as an entity has shown itself inept beyond my imagination this year on so many levels. The way rules are bent to bring marquee players to NY and LA, the whole road playoff debacle, the ongoing fail refereeing...

I propose that when -- and I believe it will happen soon -- an announcement is made, we hold a "flash tailgate" spontaneously on the new site. It will need to get broken in soon enough...

Transatlantic repped this.