Stadio della Roma ** All News & Info **

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Jan 11, 2012.

1. ShoelessMan

ShoelessMan In vino veritas!

Jan 25, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you all know spam filters exist right? the only emails that end up in my inbox are emails i want in my inbox... as a result, the answer to the question "who has two thumbs and no unread emails in his inbox?" is "THIS GUY!!!"

[​IMG]

DDR and GamE_Ove12 repped this.
  2. GamE_Ove12

GamE_Ove12 Member+

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Yeah I am surprised to see you guys struggling with junkmail. I thought this isn't a problem anymore.

3. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro
    the 1600 emails i have are not junkmail lol. i just choose not to read him. but in the off chance i choose to, i'd like them to be there

ShoelessMan repped this.
  4. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    You know your mail program can automatically mark them as read and move them into an appropriate folder for safe storage?

5. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro
    but they aren't "read" so why would i mark them as "read"? :p

its actually better now. gmail's categories allows me to categorize my inbox. i have primary. then i have bigsoccer (which actually takes up alot of my inbox as well). then i have the mailing list from my old workplace

6. ASRomaUSA

ASRomaUSA Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Sciacca, Agrigento
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ok here we go....red tape.

Ordine Geologi: 'Stadio Roma a Tor di Valle? Ecco i problemi'
    [​IMG]
    02 aprile alle 17:54
    A Radio Roma Capitale poco fa è intervenuto Roberto Troncarelli, presidente dell'Ordine dei Geologi del Lazio, per parlare del progetto del nuovo stadio della Roma. 'Le due principali problematiche di carattere geotecnico nella zona di Tor di Valle sono il livello della falda acquifera, quasi al piano campagna, e la presenza di terreni molto cedevoli e di decine di metri di terreni alluvionali - le sue parole -. Questi aspetti dovranno essere debitamente valutati prima di costruire lo stadio. Inoltre va verificato se si tratta di un’area esondabile e, eventualmente, con quale livello di criticità. Ovviamente il nostro discorso è puramente teorico, visto che al momento non abbiamo di fronte un progetto. Quando lo avremo, valuteremo gli accorgimenti che possono permettere la costruzione dello stadio nel rispetto di queste problematiche. L'importante è che il discorso non si trascini nella solita palude burocratica dei vincoli incrociati, nei no detti solo per avere risonanza mediatica. Il progetto dovrà essere valutato seriamente, per capire se si possano superare, e come, le criticità presenti a Tor di Valle. Non diamo quindi veti a priori né lasciapassare avventati, ma attendiamo di essere coinvolti nella fase successiva del progetto. Di certo le caratteristiche idrogeologiche del terreno a Tor di Valle porterebbero sicuramente ad un enorme aumento dei costi rispetto a altre aree che non hanno le stesse criticità'.

A Radio Roma Capitale just now spoke Roberto Troncarelli, president of the Order of Geologists of New York, to talk about the design of the new stadium of Rome . 'The two main geotechnical problems in the area of Tor di Valle is the level of the aquifer, almost at ground level, and the presence of soil is very pliable and tens of meters of alluvial soils - his words -. These aspects should be duly assessed before building the stadium.should also be checked if it is an area esondabile and, where appropriate, the degree of criticality . Of course, our discussion is purely theoretical, because at the moment we do not have in front of a project. When we have, we will evaluate the applications that can allow the construction of the stadium in respect of these issues. 's important is that the speech did not drag in the usual morass of bureaucratic constraints cross , in not only said to have media coverage. The project should be taken seriously, to see if you can overcome, and how, the critical present at Tor di Valle.then vetoes do not give a priori nor reckless pass, but expect to be involved in the next phase of the project . Of course, the hydrogeological characteristics of the soil at the Tor di Valle certainly lead to a huge increase in costs compared to other areas that do not have the same critical '.

7. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Yeah yeah yeah, next they will say they found the mummy of Cesar playing ping pong under the ground. Just bribe them already Jimmy.

schnix repped this.
  8. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The stadium site as of right now
    TorDiValle2014.png

9. porreca

porreca Member+

Jan 17, 2010
    UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The Curva needs o be one big section...

I really hope Dan Meis realises this, he seems to be a guy who understands the ultras, hopefully he will listen to what the people are asking... I really hope the two-tiered design isn't a security measure to split the fans for better control...

Split the Curva loses it's impact massively... C'e Una e solo una Curva!

image.jpg

10. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro
    i think in the end, he has to listen his boss or the people who pay him

in which case, i hope THEY listen to the utlras

11. Roma_NY

Roma_NY Member+

Oct 19, 2009
    Washington, D.C.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The separation of the curva from the rest of the stadium is definitely about control. That shouldn't be a big deal really. However I see no reason to have tiers unless there is some structural issue. Perhaps if the curva is all one tier, it can't structurally be as steep and imposing on the field? I don't know. Meis was quick to point out the tiered design wasn't final, so I am sure that means they have been considering all one tier all along.

12. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro
    i think they're trying to bring the fans as close to the pitch. and to do so, you need multiple tiers. tbh, i kinda prefer to have one tier, even if i have to sacrifice sitting further away from the pitch. i may be biased though since i don't go to Roma matches week in week out

13. Roma_NY

Roma_NY Member+

Oct 19, 2009
    Washington, D.C.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is my thought exactly. Multiple tiers probably brings the fans closer to the pitch. So it is a tradeoff.

14. porreca

porreca Member+

Jan 17, 2010
    UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If this really is Dan Meis's twitter, there is absolutely no way he will not listen to the fans... A man who's twitter reads like one someone who'd spend every weekend at the Sud must understand the need to design the Curva as one massive single section.

https://twitter.com/Meisarch

If that really is him, I have faith.

15. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Separating it into multiple tiers allows them to hypothetically only close one section because of sanctions. One of the groups boos Balotelli and you get busted for it you can close only that section.

Vulpinous repped this.
  16. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    It is of course practical to have a tiered system but one tier just looks so great. Even away to Sassuolo recently look how brilliant it looks and that's an old stadium in design.

17. Gianluca511

Gianluca511 Member+

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I hope they make it on tier. Roma Ultras have an identity of their own and it'll be much easier to continue expressing that identity in the new stadium with a one tiered Curva Sud.

18. porreca

porreca Member+

Jan 17, 2010
    UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I see the practicality of it, but c'mon.

19. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    These people care only about money.

20. meazza

meazza Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Everyone only cares about money.

Goduerza and Vulpinous repped this.
  21. GamE_Ove12

GamE_Ove12 Member+

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I think proximity from the field is the main thing. They said they wanted to make the fans as close from the field as possible. And even when you go through the stadium website there are renderings showing the proximity of the mutli tire stands. Having one section will make the fans in the top part set further from the field compared to their seats if it was multi layer seatings. The other thing is safety. Mutli tire will allow multiple level entries and separated fans theoretically are easier to control in case of emergencies to allow exit without overcrowding.

I am indifferent. I think it will look gorgeous either ways.

22. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro
    and money doesn't care about anyone

23. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro
    #1498 schnix, Apr 15, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
    you can have the two sides and the curva nord as close to the pitch as possible, make those multitiered

for the curva sud, sacrifice proximity. if you're sitting in the curva sud, you're there for the atmosphere, not to be as close to the pitch as possible

as for safety, Olympiako's Karaiskakis stadium has a single tiered curva. and they say it doesn't take longer than 6 minutes to exit from any seat in the stadium. ive witnessed this first hand. its very neat. they use wide staircases and wide gates. believe me, an Olympiakos game can be just "as" dangerous as a Roma game. police and riot units can also use those same exits to enter into any area of the stadium within 6 minutes

porreca repped this.
  24. meazza

meazza Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Anyone who says money doesn't buy you happiness never drove a Ferrari F355 spyder.

But yeah, it cares about me. If I had money, I'd rent a private jet to watch Roma vs Juve in a month :D

NickyViola repped this.
  25. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    You know nothing Meazza