Stadio della Roma ** All News & Info **

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Jan 11, 2012.

1. GamE_Ove12

GamE_Ove12 Member+

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Yankees Join Cowboys Giving Stadium Know-How to Italy’s Roma
    By Scott Soshnick Mar 26, 2014 1:40 PM MT

AS Roma (ASR), the Italian soccer team owned by hedge-fund manager James Pallotta, is getting assistance on its stadium development plan from a company owned by the New York Yankeesand Dallas Cowboys.

Roma, second in Italy’s top-tier Serie A, last year hired Legends to do market research and a feasibility study on premium products at a proposed new stadium, said Todd Fleming, vice president of global sales at New York-based Legends, whose owners also include the Checketts Partners Investment Fund.

“Roma is trying to modernize its business practices,” Fleming said in a telephone interview fromRome, where today the team unveiled plans for a new, privately-financed Stadio della Roma. Roma and Lazio currently share Stadio Olimpico, which has a capacity of about 70,000. The new stadium, scheduled to open for the 2016-17 season, will have 52,500 seats. The stadium plan will be assessed by Italian authorities for approval, Roma said in a news release.

Also today, Starwood Capital Group said in a news release that it had acquired an undisclosed minority stake in the team, giving it the ability to become a real estate capital partner in the stadium project. Starwood said it has $33 billion of assets under management.

Roma is the second European soccer team to hire Legends, which also works with Manchester City of the English Premier League. City and Major League Baseball’s Yankees jointly own and operate New York City Football Club, a Major League Soccer expansion team.

Legends conducted focus groups and surveyed more than 65,000 fans in Rome as part of its work to help the team structure its business practices, Fleming said.

Premium Seating
    Most of the questions, Fleming said, centered on products such as luxury suites and premium seating. The results showed that Italian fans, unlike U.S. sports fans, have little use for a luxury suite with a capacity of 20 or more. The preference was for a premium box with seating for 12, Fleming said.

“The overwhelming response is receptive to it,” Fleming said, noting that Legends didn’t broach pricing.

The company will also lead Roma’s effort to sell tickets and premium products. Roma had $124.4 million in revenue in 2012-13, according to Deloitte LP.

The stadium project includes a variety of venues for music and entertainment, including a 500-person stage in a Roma-themed restaurant, a 5,000-seat outdoor amphitheater and a 13,000-seat amphitheater with the stadium, the club said.

“For a stadium development to be truly successful today, it must become a part of the everyday fabric of people’s lives,” Pallotta said in a statement.

In 2009, the Yankees opened a $1.5 billion stadium and the Cowboys began playing in a new $1.2 billion facility.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-...ving-stadium-know-how-to-italy-s-as-roma.html

2. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think a lot of people are trying to push only two tiers on the curva sud or one like Dortmund.

A lot of non-Roma fans in fact I've been talking to seem to be very interested in it.

3. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro
    one please. i know more tiers means the upper fans will be closer to the pitch, but i think collectively, everyone would rather want a more aggressive curva sud

4. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I was speaking about me :) and not in this thread, but the troll one.

5. ShoelessMan

ShoelessMan In vino veritas!

Jan 25, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that's awesome. i spent some time on the navajo reservation in tse bonito, nm right across the state line from window rock, az... (a REALLY WELL KNOWN musician friend gave away everything he owned and moved into a trailer home on the rez to teach music to the kids there) this multi-millionaire's decision to abandon all material possessions so he could put smiles on the faces of the kids on the rez changed my life forever...

sorry, no more non-stadium talk in the stadium thread!

La Magica repped this.
  6. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    whill4 and Wolfbeatseagle repped this.
  7. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was probably my lone complaint about the virtual concept they had. The Curva Sud looked like just another section. It needs to not be.

schnix and ASRomaUSA repped this.
  8. ASRomaUSA

ASRomaUSA Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Sciacca, Agrigento
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Curva should be 1. Intimidating 2. Close to the field 3. Unique from any other section...esp if flares will be prohibited, architecture and design need to compensate.

Wolfbeatseagle repped this.
  9. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
  10. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Kinda bugs me how the sections arent connected, doesnt look as good

11. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    They want to segregate us.

I'm hoping the separation means they aren't going to try and force the English model on us. People are going to stand, they are going to smoke, they are going to wave flags, and hopefully the occasional smoke bomb as well.

The rest of the stadium can sit and order food from their phone and all that other silly stuff.

Shen-O, La Magica and wm72 repped this.
  12. RomaRomaRoma

RomaRomaRoma Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Denmark
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Are the separations on both sides of the curva not where future expansions can be implemented?

13. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    No, they can expand by switching to smaller seats and adding more rows in certain areas.

RomaRomaRoma repped this.
  14. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I love it, imagine the wall of noise flowing down the pitch. Open sides remind me of old stadiums, to bring it back would stand out as an impressive feature

Haakon24 repped this.
  15. JoeASR

JoeASR Member

Oct 28, 2012
    Leicestershire, England
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I too like the open sides, old stadiums with that tend to generate a lot more noise for some reason, as for an English model it's becoming more common for constant standing, smoke grenades, flags etc. to be seen than not now.

Can't wait to see this in the flesh, no matter how long it takes.

16. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma

English version of the stadium presentation.

Oban14, shiboboo, Goduerza and 2 others repped this.
  17. Goduerza

Goduerza Member+

Jun 13, 2008
    Bulgaria
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Thanks. I watched almost all of it. Pallotta looked a bit uneasy on the question about who will actually own the stadium.

18. Roma_NY

Roma_NY Member+

Oct 19, 2009
    Washington, D.C.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Roma will own the stadium, through a subsidiary company that is wholly owned (or majority shared) by Roma. By having the subsidiary own the stadium, it adds another layer of liability protection against Roma in case something goes wrong with the stadium for whatever reason.

GamE_Ove12 repped this.
  19. GamE_Ove12

GamE_Ove12 Member+

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    It will also mean the stadium operation won't be affected by the team revenues and its performance on the pitch.

20. meazza

meazza Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Probably will also be registered in a way as to limit tax liabilities:

Hint : Do not register in Italy lol

shiboboo repped this.
  21. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  22. ShoelessMan

ShoelessMan In vino veritas!

Jan 25, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @Vulpinous hey bro, just wanted to let you know you have 304 unread emails...

Andreas, DDR and Wolfbeatseagle repped this.
  23. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    ha! Funny you said that, I've been working this past week on getting rid of a lot of junk. Old emails of me getting warnings at work, professors yelling at me, used car salesmen preaching to me... All good things.

24. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro
    i have 1600+ unread emails. i used to work for a civil rights group so they get a lot of insiders news before even mainstream media gets it

i rarely read them though, lol

25. Goduerza

Goduerza Member+

Jun 13, 2008
    Bulgaria
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I have 14569 unread emails. All ********ing spam.