Stadio della Roma ** All News & Info **

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Aztattooedsean777

Aztattooedsean777 Tattooed Football Fanatic

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I have never been to either but that Dallas seems to go an awful way too high in those upper sections. :eek: Can you touch wheels of airplanes as they fly by?:p

2. RomaRomaRoma

RomaRomaRoma Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Denmark
    Club:
    AS Roma
    They'll have to figure out some way of letting the sun shine on the pitch, lest we get another San Siro situation. Those Amerian pitches are artificial anyway, right?

3. iGiallorossi

iGiallorossi Member+

Oct 4, 2010
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Me too, I would think that architects would love Rome and the opportunity to use some of it's ancient buildings as inspiration.

4. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I've been to Reliant and Cowboys stadium. Obviously Cowboys stadium is the most state of the art stadium in the country but Reliant seems more comfortable to me and the football matches there have been much better to the eye.

I don't think we should go for 71k like Reliant stadium 61k max imo.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34ASCgLTvsA"]Mexico vs. Angola; Houston, Texas; Reliant Stadium - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvmM_AE1N7Y"]Reliant Stadium field from Soccer to NFL Football Timelapse - YouTube[/ame]

I do wonder about the pitch situation. Not a fan of artificial pitches for footy. I know the synthetic surfaces are taking huge strides, but I've yet to see one that can accurately mimic playing conditions of a natural grass field.

Maybe we can do what the University of Phoenix stadium did for their pitches. Obviously Football and American football are different. You can't wheel out a pitch after every match because of the volume of fixtures but It would be cool if the stadium had the ability to wheel out the pitch and open up the roof to get the best direct sunlight. Pallotta did say it's going to be a super modern scheme.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzKpeapQ52E"]Re-sod University of Phoenix Stadium- high definition edited.mov - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIukkv1Ko0U"]Arizona Cardinal Stadium Time Lapse - YouTube[/ame]

5. iGiallorossi

iGiallorossi Member+

Oct 4, 2010
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Really in all honesty basing a football stadium in Italy of a huge American football stadium is a bit wasteful, the Olimpico is too big as it is. Something like 55k-60k is more than enough. The more intimate the stadium the more atmospheric they seem to be especially if the stands are basically on the pitch - though I'd imagine that would be a big security risk in Italy.

6. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Is it not a little naive to assume they would be modeled 100% after these American football stadiums? I'd like to think when they mention those stadiums being the models that it's only in regards to certain key aesthetics.

7. RomaRomaRoma

RomaRomaRoma Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Denmark
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I like the look of Reliant Stadium, sort of like Bernabeu. Probably as close to the Coloseum we can get with this rectangular game.

There are several slide out pitches in Europe, for example Schalke has one. It might take up some valuable real estate though?

8. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    In terms of size no, in terms of ammenities, yes, it will hopefully be like a new, American Football stadium.

9. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This reminded me about a Daily Show interview with Ron Darling when Citi Field opened.

Around the 4:00 mark.... lol

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-april-14-2009/ron-darling

10. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    haha that's pretty good, I like some of Jon Stewarts stuff.

Mets got a really great Burger franchise at their new stadium; Shake Shack!

11. Aztattooedsean777

Aztattooedsean777 Tattooed Football Fanatic

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    The stadium here in Phoenix, the one in Germany that Schalke uses, one in holland, and one in Japan if I am not mistaken all have the same set up with the grass being able to move in and out of the stadium.

12. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Some tidbits on the new stadium, it's been announced that areas outside of the city will also be considered. An interesting proposal has been submitted for an area by the airport, which is fairly well connected by both highways and railways.

The article also quotes Di Benedetto as saying Tor Di Valle is the best, and possibly only area to build a new stadium.

13. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    The society surveying areas for our stadium released a statement yesterday saying that anyone possessing land that they might want to sell to the club needs to come forward with their offer by the 7th of May.

14. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    @DDR is there any such thing as eminent domain in Italy or the EU?

Basically, the government takes your property, gives you fair market value for it.

The only rule is that it has to be for the "greater good"

15. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    To be honest I don't know. Although I believe governments do whatever they please so I'm sure they could if they wanted to. However I see your thinking and can safely tell you not to get your hopes up. No one is going to do any favors for us.

16. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eminent domain or Compulsory Purchase Orders in the UK are largely a US and UK tool. Not to say it doesn't happen outside the two countries but to my knowledge it's more commonly used for public works projects. In America and UK often times Eminent domain or CPO's are used for private projects as well as public. Vegas was basically built on Eminent Domain, the Mormons used to own pretty much everything out here.

Of course in communist countries like China land acquisitions are common but that's a different process, that's more just a land grab by the state.

I'm sure there's a way, whether anyone in Italy would help out a football club is another story. The English government just granted Spurs CPO's for it's stadium, they usually take like a year to process, because the land holder can appeal, which they'll lose.

I heard somebody say the Italian term for "Eminent Domain" is the "Mafia", lol.

17. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Looks like Inter is also moving on building a new stadium. According to this they have surveyed 5 possible locations. I hope we get an announcement on our efforts soon. I want them to break ground by the end of the year.

18. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You think Milan will buy the Meazza ?

19. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Only if they gift it to them. Personally I think they should buy it together. Even dividing it the stadium would make them great money. However it would be complicated.

20. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm in favor of Inter's new stadium.

I hope other clubs like Napoli, Palermo, Palermo and Catania get there's built as well. It's important for Italy.

Gouti repped this.
  21. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I don't mind them building a stadium, as long as it's after us.

Foto repped this.
  22. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    All the Northern clubs will get the new stadiums first then they will think about everyone else...

23. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Have you ever seen Catania's facilities? Or I guess the city in general. Etna is in every backdrop there. Pretty awesome. I saw it on a "Serie A Show" Tv program they were having an interview with Montella. It was real nice

24. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    UniCredit has bought a piece of land in Tor Di Valle for 50 million euros. New stadium here we come.

whill4, SoCalYid and Ragnaroz repped this.
  25. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Now imagine if you owned that land...