Spurs Injury Info

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by PoshSpur, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Pal11

Pal11 New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Vermont
    Bad news on the injury front, as Jermain Jenas is out for tomorrow after picking up a shin injury in training. :(

2. THFC1

THFC1 New Member

Oct 2, 2004
    South East London
    http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=381858&CPID=8&clid=6&lid=2&title=Tainio+worry+for+Spurs

Teemu Tainio may have finished the game on Saturday with a fractured toe.

other injury news.

"Jermaine Jenas had a lot of pressure on his shin after training on Friday.

"Maybe it's the start of a little hairline fracture. He could not play (against Arsenal) but hopefully he'll be okay for next week."

"I think we pulled him out at the right moment because he could have played maybe 45 minutes and then he would have been out for the season." said Jol.

Jol is also unsure when Mido will be fit to return to action as he has now suffered a knee injury after initially being sidelined with a groin problem.

"Mido couldn't even do a fitness test (for Arsenal). It was too painful on his knee," added Jol.

"It was not his groin. At first it was his groin but he came back and now it's his knee."

3. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I heard the Mido injuries are rubbish. Apparently he didn't turn up for the Everton game claiming he had flu, the club wanted him to get checked out by the doctor but he refused. So they've told him to go do one.

Would be great to have Jenas back next week and hopefully Teemu is ok. We were starting to look a bit short of players in midfield (!)

4. SpursGlory

SpursGlory Member

Nov 17, 2004
    Seattle Sounders FC
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah our injury situation has me very concerned with this Bolton game... King, Mido, Jenas and now Tainio all out plus Davids out for suspension.

I'm guessing we might see a start for Murphy and And Andy Reid... not sure what we're going to do for subs though!

On the FSC report Martin Jol was at the Fulham v Wigan game scouting... could he be thinking of making a move for Boa Morte or Jimmy Bullard! Got to get our squad filled out for European football.

5. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Or Chimbonda? we need a new right back.

6. Spur_Forever

Spur_Forever Member

Oct 1, 2005
    DC
    Bullard is a fantastic player, but he might be a little too simmilar to Carrick for our purposes. I'd prefer Chimbonda. Boa Morte is also very good, but he isn't the type of forward I think we need. Wonder who he was looking at!

7. Mort09

Mort09 New Member

Nov 1, 2005
    We've got Murphy, Reid, Ghaly, Davids, Carrick, Lennon all available for midfield places for the last two games don't we?

8. THFC1

THFC1 New Member

Oct 2, 2004
    South East London
    Davids will be suspended for the Bolton game and we are not going to see Ghaly this season i wouldn't think.

9. ox utd

ox utd New Member

Aug 29, 2005
    charleston
    Tainio is apparently OK and back for the rest of our matches, barring a re-injury. I'd like to see Murphy get a start to see if it makes any difference in his play (there are those players that only do well when they start a match), but it's good to know we have Tainio back, and I'll trust Jol's decision on who starts.....

10. DigitalTron

DigitalTron New Member

Apr 4, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    As for Jol at the Fulham v Wigan game, maybe he wanted to see Ziegler and/or Bridge? I think Bridge may not want to sit on the bench at Chelsea.

Tainio is now healthy, no broken bone, so he'll be fit for the Bolton game. With Carrick, Lennon, and Tainio that's 3 starting calibre midfielders, so worst case scenario we start Murphy, which isn't the worst thing in the world. Though, truth be told, I'd prefer to get Jenas back. These last two games should be the type where his physicality, energy and pace allow him to excel.

-Digital

11. SpursGlory

SpursGlory Member

Nov 17, 2004
    Seattle Sounders FC
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So what's the news on Keano? Watch the game at the pub and couldn't hear the commentary but was shocked to see him off at the half...

12. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Yeates suffered a freak injury while on loan at Colchester and returned early. He put up his arm to call for the ball, and dislocated his shoulder.

Weirdness.

13. Lillywhite

Lillywhite New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    London
    FFS! Not even sicknote was that bad. He's been wanking too much.

14. OrlandoSPUR

OrlandoSPUR **** the Nomads

Apr 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    ...sounds like a personal problem as I've been wanking for about 18 years and that's never happened to me. :cool:

15. Lillywhite

Lillywhite New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    London
    ITKs, one in particular who is the tits, says Keano came through training today and will start tomorrow. Carrick was rested today as a precaution but should also start.

16. Joe_Sanchez

Joe_Sanchez New Member

Sep 25, 2005
    England
    Let's hope so. Very nervous now.

17. Leto

Leto New Member

Aug 23, 2001
    Donegal,Ireland
    Is it wrong that I laughed at that?

While we're on the subject (and sorry to distract form the topic at hand, but I don't see Yeates' name coming up in the foreseeable future otherwise), do any of you think Yeates will get a look in next season, or will he be sold?

Good news about Keane, if true.

18. THFC1

THFC1 New Member

Oct 2, 2004
    South East London
    I think he will stay at Colchester, whether it is on loan again or a permanant move. He has done really well their, he is a good dribbler and has scored a fair amount this season. And Colchester got promoted to the Championship today so they would be trying to keep a player like him their.

19. THFC1

THFC1 New Member

Oct 2, 2004
    South East London
  20. Bizarro Spur

Bizarro Spur Member

Jan 23, 2004
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Bad things happen in threes. Carrick gone, King out for up to 8 weeks, what's next...Jol to coach Che$ki and be replaced by one J. Santini!?

21. tapper

tapper New Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Austin, Tx
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Already had the third...Duff to Toon.

Hopefully that's the extent of our bad luck. Goddamn...why isn't it ever Stalteri?:eek:

22. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    it's stalteri plenty. usually in the last three minutes of a match.

23. tapper

tapper New Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Austin, Tx
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He hurts me more than he hurts himself. I have to say that watching this Blackburn game at the moment...I feel better about losing Carrick. Cetainly not a dominant player...though a good one.

This has been your stream of consciousness observation of the day. :)

24. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    i remembered his goals, but i'd forgotten keane's work, and his through ball to lennon, on our third.

keano was just so, so phecking good last spring.

**considers thread topic**

i'm glad he's not injured.