Spurs Injury Info

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by PoshSpur, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Count Chocula

Count Chocula Member+

May 7, 2010
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    if that were true, its an awful lot of risk to put the team at just for a personal pique

2. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i can name a million times this has happened though, Mourinho LOVES to do this with top quality talent

3. Count Chocula

Count Chocula Member+

May 7, 2010
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    but he has top quality talent as backups

4. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah im not saying it's right but i'm saying that it's not unusual or unheard of.

Naughton and Fryers honestly played much better than I expected last match, they weren't the problems with our team at all. However they didn't have nearly as much work to do as they will against Chelsea. Someone mentioned that Vertonghen will be at LB but we don't have another CB to pair with Dawson unless it's Fryers and I'd rather have a weaker wing. Fully hope and expect to see Sandro and Paulinho as our 2 holding mid that will cover outwide probably A LOT.

5. Count Chocula

Count Chocula Member+

May 7, 2010
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    latest update:

Tottenham right-back Kyle Walker has withdrawn from England's squad to face Denmark in Wednesday's friendly.

Three Lions medical staff have decided Walker has not recovered from the groin injury which has sidelined him for Spurs' previous four matches.

Boss Roy Hodgson has confirmed Glen Johnson will win his 50th cap and Luke Shaw of Southampton may make his debut.

Denmark's Christian Eriksen (back) will have a late fitness test with the Spurs winger only involved if "100%" fit

6. Count Chocula

Count Chocula Member+

May 7, 2010
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #681 Count Chocula, Mar 4, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
    i thought fryers was horrible, and naughton didnt pass well (but did a fair job defensively). that one free kick naughton took late in the match, he basically kicked it right to a lone defender i couldnt believe he mis-hit it so badly

and kaboul might well be back for the chelsea match, while fryers is listed as injured with no return date, so expect vert at LB if the injury report is true (else who remains to play LB????) i spose kaboul could rahter than vert

Tottenham Hotspur

Z Fryers Ankle/Foot Injury no return date

C Eriksen Back Injury 8th Mar 14 slight doubt

D Rose Knee Injury no return date

Y Kaboul Calf/Shin Injury 8th Mar 14

K Walker Hip/Thigh Injury 8th Mar 14

E Capoue Ankle/Foot Injury no return date

E Lamela Back Injury no return date

V Chiriches Back Injury no return date

7. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    there is something seriously wrong with our medical staff

8. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lamela is not out for injury but for fitness issues and there is no date on his return. He suffered a back injury, and from my own personal experience, those can take up to a year to fully recover. Wonder if he will play at all this season...

Khumalo was injured long term recently, apparently he was doing very well at Rovers...

So Kaboul and Walker are back and Eriksen is training. Dawson is out for a few weeks.

What's the news on Capoue, Rose, Chiriches?

9. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. SPUR-ious

SPUR-ious Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Don't think we've seen him enough to have a very strong opinion other than he looks like a long term project.

Agree about Eriksen. He seems the one bright spot while everything seems to be falling apart around him.

11. Raffaelo

Raffaelo Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Wandering the Desert
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    From the club website, team news for Sunderland:
    Vlad returned to action after eight weeks out for our Under-21s last Friday and completed a 90-minute shift in our 2-0 win against Arsenal at the Lane. He's trained all week and so has striker Ade, who has been sidelined for our last three matches with a nasty cut on his heel. However, Jan Vertonghen (ankle) and Roberto Soldado (hamstring) are both out after being forced out of the action at Liverpool last weekend. "Jan and Roberto are nowhere near ready, unfortunately," confirmed Head Coach Tim. "The good news is that Ade is back in training and up for selection and Vlad played in the Under-21 game against Arsenal at the Lane, came through that unscathed, so he will be up for selection as well." Kyle Walker (pelvis) and Erik Lamela (back) remain out.

12. SPUR-ious

SPUR-ious Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Lamela and Capoue out for the rest of the year according to The Independent.

13. Raffaelo

Raffaelo Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Wandering the Desert
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I'd forgotten they played for us.

Count Chocula and SPUR-ious repped this.
  14. SPUR-ious

SPUR-ious Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    That's understandable.

15. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Townsend is out for the World Cup. Those disgusting/despicable c*nts at Stoke do it again....

Seriously, why doesn't the whole league refuse to play Stoke until they change there ways, this happens WAY too often against them!

16. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it's a shame really. Capoue has been fantastic when he did play for us. Hopefully Lamela is fit for training in summer...

17. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Remember Lloris getting his bell rung and insisting on staying in the match? That's a classic reaction by someone who's suffered a concussion. I hope it never happens again and that medical personnel are more insistent in the future. Read this opening chapter of a book on the history of neuroscience, particularly page 21 the portion about King Henri II of France insisting on jousting again after getting his bell rung.
    http://www.scribd.com/fullscreen/22...llow_share=true&escape=false&view_mode=scroll

phoenixhazard repped this.
  18. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah, the medical staff failed miserably on that one.

proof that they are not good enough? all those injuries we keep having can't mean nothing...

19. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    good thing our physios were familiar with Nostradamus's 78th quatrain, "but the gallic keeper shall hold firm, though struck by mighty force. and the sheet, in full course, remaineth clean".

I'm pretty sure he went on to prophesy he wouldn't need a daft hat like that Czech twunt from Chelsea, either.

20. SPUR-ious

SPUR-ious Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Ade in hospital with malaria. OS says he's recovering but can't train for a week and will miss our preseason tour.

21. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and the Spurs injury curse begins before a single player kicks a ball o_O

i'm ok with this, i'd rather have Soldado get a lot of time on the ball. I still have faith he can be our best striker by miles and miles.

22. SoccerKowboy

SoccerKowboy BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 13, 2007
    Virginia, USA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not as bad as Suarez with rabies, but could be better.

BalanceUT repped this.
  23. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Anyone else just think Ade can't be bothered with the tour?

24. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    y'know, I have to listen to bullshit excuses for my staff not showing up all the time. I've had 'food poisoning' and 'I fell off a ladder' already this week - and it's only Monday!

the first bastard that breaks out 'I've got malaria' on me gets the sack. no discussion.

SPUR-ious repped this.
  25. SPUR-ious

SPUR-ious Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Sandro and Vlad no-goes for U.S. tour. Sandro recovering from a 'virus,' and Chiriches continues to have stiffness in his lower back.