Spurs @ Arsenal - FA Cup 3rd round - 4 January

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by pookspur, Jan 2, 2014.

1. SPUR-ious

SPUR-ious Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Back to Walcott. C--t!

Dawdler repped this.
  2. Raffaelo

Raffaelo Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Wandering the Desert
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Fck you Walcott

Dawdler repped this.
  3. chanman83

chanman83 Member

Sep 25, 2006
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hate Wilshire the most. Little punk, talks a lot of shit, and so overrated.

HOW THE F are we not taking off a defender and brining in an attacking player with Assenal down to 10 men...really!

4. SPUR-ious

SPUR-ious Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Obvious statement but we have to get Soldado going somehow. AVBs tactics just ruined his goal-scoring form, IMO. Not sure even a Redknapp hug would snap him out of it.

5. calmanalysis

calmanalysis Member

Aug 16, 2008
    NYC
    Would being called a top, top player in the press help instead?

A lack of quality as individuals today, highlighted by both goals being the result of individual mistakes.

Raffaelo repped this.
  6. chanman83

chanman83 Member

Sep 25, 2006
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pathetic performance by the team. Rose played like shit, well honestly, everyone really played like shit today. If you really want it, why not take off a defender for attacking players? It's not like there's goal difference that needs to be worried about. I'm pissed at the effort, not the result of this game.

I am also pointing my finger at Sherwood today. Bad substitution, didn't see any urgency from him, or even urging the team to go forward.

We need to buy a striker and LB NOW!

7. Raffaelo

Raffaelo Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Wandering the Desert
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I swear if Arse end up **shudders** winning this thing, there will not be enough bourbon in the world to console me.
    Meh. Mickey Mouse cup :D

8. Raffaelo

Raffaelo Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Wandering the Desert
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Don't forget to spare some hate for Sxzznzy. Easy to forget since he didn't play today, but he's a right prck himself.

phoenixhazard repped this.
  9. leocal11

leocal11 Member+

Feb 7, 2005
    San Francisco
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    -why are we walking in the final 3rd. can we really be that tired from Wed.
    -why not Kane for Soldado?
    -why does Walcott have to be such an arsehole. he needs to stay home and not travel to Brazil (know what i mean)
    -Capoue should have played instead of Bentaleb.
    -Rose is a "one hit" wonder. We need a new left back. Stupid fool.
    -Soldado needs to sit for a while and be a sub.
    -all in all, very naive from TS

oh well, at least we wont have to expel any for energy on this cup, lets focus on finishing 4th.

10. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've said it once, twice, thrice and I'm gonna say it again.

Sherwood is tactically a moron. and the same old Adebayor was back, out of position and pure lazy. Whoopdy doo he had a few great games but history shows what happens to him over time and fool me once, fool me twice. he has to go

Sherwood should have kept Soldado on if he wanted Eriksen up top, Soldado at least keeps his position and has some very smart passes and flicks that Eriksen could have used.

11. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Starting Bentaleb I knew was a problem from the beginning. Capoue was the reason we beat United, I can't imagine he couldn't have at least played half a match. Sherwood is tactically naive and it shows every single game. Soldado didn't play badly, his finishing just needs to get better. He was FAR better than that worthless git Adebayor. Rose didn't play very well but you can't blame him that much, he got no help defending from Eriksen. You can blame him for the 2nd goal 100% though, KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID!

12. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One more thing, yet again to Tim Sherwood.

WE WERE BEING OVERRUN IN THE MIDFIELD! Ade and Soldado weren't terrific so why the f* did we not put another midfielder in? I swear his love for 4-4-2 is blindingly stupid! Mark my words, we play a 3 man central midfield and I can guarantee those Arsenal goals don't happen since you have a midfielder protecting the back 4 who desperately need Vertonghen fit. and i hope the lescott rumors are true

13. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    I wouldn’t run off the rails too much over this result. Arsenal away is always a big ask, 3 days after United away while Arsenal had an easy home fixture it wasn’t likely. Hate them as I do Arsenal are top of the league for a reason.

SPUR-ious repped this.
  14. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What's with Holtby dudes? He wasn't even part of the sqaud?!

15. SPUR-ious

SPUR-ious Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Reportedly a knee injury and just returned to training.

16. SPUR-ious

SPUR-ious Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    This. Wasn't this our fourth or fifth match in 12 days or something like that, and basically the same lineup game after game. Hell, I think we have a starting XI in the physio's room. Bummed, yes, but I'll reserve judgment on TS until the squad is a bit healthier.

17. SPUR-ious

SPUR-ious Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
  18. SpursGlory

SpursGlory Member

Nov 17, 2004
    Seattle Sounders FC
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yawn... Very boring and pitiful effort from this squad. Lifeless, no energy, you'd never know this was an FA Cup game! Midfield was non-existent. Soldado shooting like he's never kicked a ball on target ever. And it shouldn't matter we just had Man Utd.... That's what they get paid the big money for, it's ridiculous.

19. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    phoenixhazard and SPUR-ious repped this.
  20. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    not running off the rails but i think sherwood showed a lot of tactical naivety by playing 2 cms against an arsenal midfield 3 that would give the best teams in the world a problem. Adebayor did not keep his position and was deeper than Dembele at parts of the match. He looked like he gave up on the game after 20min of it not going his way. He is a petulant child and acts like it when things dont always go his way.

LuckyStriker repped this.
  21. BTFOOM

BTFOOM Member+

Apr 5, 2004
    MD, USA
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Absolutely. Would have been much better if Arsenal hadn't had the last week off.:rolleyes:

22. BigEffingGooner

BigEffingGooner Member+

Apr 25, 2012
    Austin, Tx
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm honestly not winding y'all up, but you DO realize that your scummy away fans were chunking coins at him and the stewards and that is what PRECEEDED his gesture? The disgusting pricks were your supporters, disgraceful.

23. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    yeah. I like Walcott. and I like Sczesczny (or however the hell you spell it). I like that they don't like spurs. they shouldn't. and I shouldn't like them. so I don't. but I also do.

EruditeHobo repped this.
  24. SPUR-ious

SPUR-ious Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Oh, f--k off SuperIdiot. Whether or not it was PRECEEDED (thanks for the all CAPS so we noticed the emphasis), you'd think he possessed an iota of professionalism and abstained from such taunting. But no, he, Wilshere and that Frankenstein you call a GK have no class whatsoever. By the way, did Sxczvny have coins, bread and a lighter thrown at him? Be gone, gooner.

25. calmanalysis

calmanalysis Member

Aug 16, 2008
    NYC
    Personally don't have any issue with Walcott's gesture. It wasn't setting a bad example like Wilshere was against Man city. Was it the smartest thing to do? No, but footballers don't always do the smartest things.

soccernutter and dashiel repped this.