Spring schedules

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by espola, Jan 28, 2013.

1. bhoys

bhoys Member+

Aug 21, 2011
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Excerpt from the article about the Pittsburgh Riverhounds filing for bankruptcy protection:

“To put the company in a position where that can be considered, we have to right the ship and make sure we have a model that can work long-term,” said Riverhounds CEO Jason Kutney. “We want to break free of these shackles that have held this company hostage the last few months and restructure debt to the point that we can fully engage these (growth) models.”

Yes, indeed -- very hard to play profitable soccer while wearing shackles ...

2. lr3forme

lr3forme New Member

Apr 5, 2010
    Club:
    Aberdeen FC
    LMU beat UCSB last Sunday, 2-1...both squads were at less than full strength. LMU had a backup GK playing on the field.

3. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    :eek:

4. CCSoccerFan

CCSoccerFan Member

May 2, 2009
    Stanford at Cal Poly tonight, 7pm. Attending so will report result tonight.

Hararea repped this.
  5. OverseasView

OverseasView Member+

Olympique Lyonnais
    France
    Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Pitt play @RMU at 3 PM. Final away game for the spring.

6. CCSoccerFan

CCSoccerFan Member

May 2, 2009
    Stanford wins 2-0. They scored their first goal in 10th minute catching the Cal Poly back line up too high and unable to recover. Second goal also in first half on pk. Did not see foul (not watching field at that moment), YC issued to CP player. Don't know who scored Stanford's goals as their numbers are near impossible to read.

Stanford was the better team on the night. It was a pretty clean game by both teams and there was a decent turnout from the community (lot of Stanford fans, too) and a small but vocal group of students.

If I counted right, Cal Poly started 4 freshman, 2 redshirt freshmen, 4 sophomores and just 1 junior. They only used 2 subs in second half, I think. Two probable starters didn't play. Stanford subbed in both halfs.

7. fknbuflobo

fknbuflobo Member+

Arsenal FC
    United States
    Nov 16, 2011
    Akron, Ohio
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. keepingitreal247

keepingitreal247 New Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    St. John's beat UCONN 1-0 yesterday

9. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    hoosiers lost 1-0 to nd on a real late goal up in fort wayne on saturday. i wasn't there so i don't know how either team looked.

10. No shinguards

No shinguards Member

Mar 21, 2008
    The Moon
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maryland traveled to UMBC Friday evening, without Steffan in goal ar Suli on the back line. UMBC ran at them pretty hard, and got 2 goals pretty much against the spot that had the reserve defender. Mike Sauers got one back playing Striker..

I must say, since I started watching UMD soccer, this is the "thinnest" bench I've seen... usually they can field a complete second team.. thus far this year, only about 3-4 players that can come on and not represent a significant drop in performance.. and they are all midfielders.... Maryland needs atleast 2 (differnet) strikers... and one more defender...

11. Hararea

Hararea Member+

Jan 21, 2005

This video doesn't show us much either, but love the enthusiasm of the local sports guy.

stphnsn repped this.
  12. CCSoccerFan

CCSoccerFan Member

May 2, 2009
    UCLA at Cal Poly tonight.

13. Hank T

Hank T Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Albuquerque
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This afternoon at Taos Eco Park the University of New Mexico beat an overmatched Fort Lewis College 6 -1.
    Taos Eco Park is a beautiful, synthetic turf FIFA 2-Star Field at about 7000ft in Taos, New Mexico. Awesome place to train.

14. CCSoccerFan

CCSoccerFan Member

May 2, 2009
    UCLA smoked Cal Poly, which had 5 starters out and virtually no bench. UCLA made many great passes in the final third that kept picking apart Cal Poly's inexperienced backline.

15. Hararea

Hararea Member+

Jan 21, 2005
  16. collegesoccer

collegesoccer Member+

Apr 11, 2005
    ND 3. Mex U20. 2

Very good game lots of bite. Cracker third goal for game winner.

Wonder if US U21s could have come away wit
    ND. 3 Mexico U-20. 2

Great to see the stream of this game. Great game with lots of bite. Third goal by either Lojak or Hodan (#17 or #27 couldn't tell) was just a cracker.

Wonder if Tab Ramos's group (with just two college players) U-21 could have pulled off the same result. Great result for college soccer and the current national champion.

17. nodiving

nodiving New Member

Apr 24, 2009
    LMU beats Cal State Northridge last night 2-0. Both squads missing at least one starter (Lev-ari CSUN, Nitti, Mcfarlin LMU). Both schools will have strong seasons in 2014

Hararea repped this.
  18. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    i'm anxious to see how iu will fare today. my kids play at 2:45. otherwise, i probably would have been there this afternoon.

19. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Hararea repped this.
  20. keepingitreal247

keepingitreal247 New Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Maryland and St. John's tied 0-0

21. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Maryland seems to be cleverly keeping their scoring threats under wraps until the fall.

No shinguards repped this.
  22. No shinguards

No shinguards Member

Mar 21, 2008
    The Moon
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah -that must be it...

23. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
  24. collegesoccer

collegesoccer Member+

Apr 11, 2005
    Why only four of the allowable six games ?

25. ThePonchat

ThePonchat Member+

#ProRelForUSA
    United States
    Jan 10, 2013
    I've Been Everywhere Man
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why not?