Sporting KC vs. Montreal 5/5 p/i/p [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by Sachsen, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That said I love how they talk up the cohesion against a college team.

ji_shuheng repped this.
  3. aletheist

aletheist Member+

Nov 17, 2010
    Olathe, Kansas, USA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting. The "Game Guide" (http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/3923197/505kcmtl-pdf-may-4-2012-5-05-pm-1-3-meg?da=y) shows SKC in Sporting blue jerseys and indigo shorts, with Montreal wearing white over blue. You would think that one of these combinations would be reversed to maximize the contrast.

4. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. Jarnevic

Jarnevic BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 21, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The match guide also has Sassano starting instead of Harrington, with Espinoza on the back line.

6. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And having not looked at it originally now I know to not trust that.

7. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    time to get back to our productive winning ways, boys! feels like it's been forever since we had a game here, so i'm pumped.

i'm gonna be super pumped for this game if a certain result (swfc v wycombe) goes the way i hope it does in the morning.

8. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    So glad it's game day again. Seems like we've waited a mini off-season.

9. kmk108

kmk108 Member

Nov 13, 2011
    The 913
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Get used to that feeling. After today, the next home game isn't until the 27th :eek:

10. Churchill913

Churchill913 Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Without mapp they lose speed in the attack and experience to battle Kamara's so this should be a good advantage. Either CJ or Teal have advantages against their center backs. Two guys who haven't played all year or thomas who has no speed and can't match the physical play of CJ. Nyassi up front poses the speed threat and if form holds, arnaud could be out wide right against Harrington. I think Montreal will pack it in, lots of fouls, possibly an ejection somewhere for accumulation, a late SKC goal as Montreal wilt under the heat/humidity and 3 pts to the good guys

11. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    The match guide was probably put together sometime in December 2011.

12. ChocolateCandy

ChocolateCandy Member+

Real Madrid
    Jul 23, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well that 1st half was shite.

13. Kooth

Kooth Member

Sporting KC
    Mar 11, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was so afraid of what I see happening, the loss followed by two weeks off had us off our game in the first. Hopefully Vermes will give them a good talk at the half.

14. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This uniform combination of indigo ovefr Sporting Blue sucks. Put an end to this experiment.

15. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, and should we be losing to an expansion side at home?

16. ChocolateCandy

ChocolateCandy Member+

Real Madrid
    Jul 23, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rivas is a beast. He's having his way with us.

17. ChocolateCandy

ChocolateCandy Member+

Real Madrid
    Jul 23, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, Besler, you have to score that. At least we're applying pressure.

18. ChocolateCandy

ChocolateCandy Member+

Real Madrid
    Jul 23, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2-0. You gotta be kidding.

19. YilmazOrhan

YilmazOrhan Well Brian, I hit it first time...

Jun 18, 2006
    Suburbia, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, that was crappy.

Made four bad defensive mistakes, paid dearly for two of them. Had four or five chances that could have been finished, but weren't. That's how you lose to expansion teams.

Bleh bleh bleh.

Bleh.

Great crowd, though. Even the people in my "rattle your jewelry" section get into the "Shots shots shots" cheer.

Hmm. The "Rattle Your Jewelry Supporters Club". I'd make some scarves, but they'd probably be expensive.

20. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Vermes got out coached. Marsch came in with a game plan to shut down our wings and keep defenders at home. Vermes and the team didn't respond to it. When all that was shut down it's like they had no clue what to do in the defensive 3rd other than to try and win set pieces.

21. BenDover

BenDover BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 4, 2010
    Rio Verde, AZ
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly. Congrats to Marsch. I don't know whether he watched our game against Houston last year in the playoffs and copied their game plan or just figured it out himself. Either way the result was the same.

22. bobunbury

bobunbury Member

Aug 16, 2004
    This goes back to 4 games ago. Teams (LA started the trend) are attacking Kamara's side, forcing him and Myers to defend.

23. MuddyPitch

MuddyPitch Member

Jun 14, 2008
    Liberty
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wanted to believe that Harrington was back, and admittedly he was more focused with his touch. However, his crossing is the same heads down, uninspired crap that we had in the CAB days. Just not impressive. Watch him...he ducks his head, no glance at the developing play, sails balls that in-swing behind the attack rather than in front of it. You also got the sense that the mids were just trying to force everything right and wouldn't give Harrington the time of day.

When I saw the size of the Impact lineup before the game, I had flashbacks to the Houston playoffs where we we're dominated in the air. The mantra on he post game show was "one trick pony" and it seems pretty clear now that if a team can play a bigger lineup, stuff the middle, and be more aggressive (and be willing to take on more fouls), we have trouble adjusting. This has been the onl game out of 9 where I think someone dynamic like a Bravo cold have made a difference. I'd still take 7 wins over Bravo, but we need a 65th minute sub who can create at the forward position.

This is a test for Vermes in the sense that a two-game losing streak in a 34-game season is roughly the equivalent of a 10 game losing streak for the Royals, and good teams make good adjustments, and don't stand pat. Maybe the only adjustment we have in the toolkit is to get Seth back...

Tonight, Nagamura looked as good as I've seen him this year. Maybe it is time for more competition at the midfield role. No sacred cows.

24. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that was garbage. everything tonight was garbage, with the exception of the crowd. dark blue on light blue is ... not good. two dull colors ... and you know what? we played just like we looked. garbage.

25. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The thing that's really frustrating me now about this game is our upcoming schedule. We play at Chicago and at Colorado, where we're a combined 7-28-9 in our history in league play and then host SJ, who despite their loss last night is very good. This is a game that looking at the upcoming schedule we really needed...