Sporting KC vs. Montreal 5/5 p/i/p [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by Sachsen, Apr 26, 2012.

1. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    Yes you did, this thread is about all things SKC and Montreal. Perhaps browsing one tab at a time will keep things in order :D

2. morry

morry Member

Jun 17, 2006
    Denver- Captial Hill
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    bah

been a long week with no football

3. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Harrington is starting this weekend in place of Sinovic per articles on MLS.

4. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    8 Montreal players who started their last league game started tonight against Toronto, 6 played the full 90, and all 8 played over 80 minutes.

5. Jarnevic

Jarnevic BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 21, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This new forum is confusing.

SKC 4 - 1 Montreal

6. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Where do all the Digital Takawira experts sit?

ji_shuheng repped this.
  7. Formulaic

Formulaic Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ew, everything is unread. I hates the newness!

Anyway, bummed im missing sat. a week off is a longer time than it seems, and this one has the potential to be a grand time for SKC.

edit: and where is the easy forum navigation on the left side of the screen! boo. K, no more pointless forum layout complaints.....for now. maybe Ill figure it out.

8. ji_shuheng

ji_shuheng Member+

Mar 26, 2003
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    presumably they stand for home games, and for road games they're all about the pub... wait for it... crawl.

9. cjgwizard

cjgwizard Member

Apr 25, 2006
    LSP, section 129
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only thing I like about the newness is all the new SMILEYS!!! Wowza. :ROFLMAO: :geek::eek: Hope we aren't limited to a certain number per post, though it appears we can do more than three now. Really like this one: :poop: Could come in real handy. If anybody figures out how to get these threads to where the last page is shown first, please share.

So does no word from the disciplinary committee by this point mean Nyassi gets to play? That is really surprising, to be honest. He tore Perkins a new nosehole, literally. Hopefully Mapp is still out, though it appears from last night that we might see at least a little bit of Justin Braun, who has been a thorn in the past. Still, I am feeling very good about this one....not sure if we will get our first comb, but we should win by multiple goals considering how well rested we are.

10. TheSmokingPun

TheSmokingPun Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They also play at Toronto next Wednesday for the return leg. They really want to compete and get that CCL slot. We best not slip up against expansion reserves.

11. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Anyone have any idea what the deal is with 810 WHB broadcasting from the MC after the game? I cant see that radio would really want to deal with all that noise, offering zero visual affect.

12. Beech

Beech Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    However that new avatar is not.

You have a talent my friend.

ji_shuheng repped this.
  13. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FSC has done it before...

14. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Yes. With tv cameras and the field in the background, it makes sense to have a studio setup. But that's not going to play on the radio. I guess WHB does this stuff in bars all the time, and figures why not the MC.

15. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But they still have to deal with the noise, that was my point

16. Jarnevic

Jarnevic BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 21, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The good thing with radio, as opposed to TV, is that they get to wear those big, noise canceling headphones so they can hear each other talk. Then, they can set their mics to have a very low tolerance for background noise. They'll have to speak directly into the mic (almost touching it), but I think they should be fine. Plus, they won't have to pretend to look at the camera. So they don't have to worry about "off camera" distractions. You'll still be able to hear the club in the background (obviously), but I don't think it'll be as disjointed of a broadcast as when TV tries to broadcast in there.

17. Paulie4star

Paulie4star Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The lack of an SKC match this past week has made me overly anxious. 3-1 to the good guys.

Still getting used to the new layout. o_O

18. YilmazOrhan

YilmazOrhan Well Brian, I hit it first time...

Jun 18, 2006
    Suburbia, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, if I told you that our kit man has been Tweeting about wearing the indigo jerseys with the Sporting blue shorts, would that be relevant to your interests?

19. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw that, the indigo, sporting, indigo just doesn't sound like it'll work very well

20. YilmazOrhan

YilmazOrhan Well Brian, I hit it first time...

Jun 18, 2006
    Suburbia, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm with you on that, but there has been a clamor for "mixing it up" in some corners of this here message board.

21. Formulaic

Formulaic Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't mind seeing something different, but certainly will not lose sleep about our outfits.

SJ has more points than us and that sucks. We have to win to stay ahead of em. (They have certainly had an awesome start much more quietly than we have it seems like, just because their 1 loss came early on.)

I'm still waiting for the left side to get a goal. Really want to see Roger or Convey put one in. Hopefully Harrington slots in well, I remember reading something to the effect that he hopes he can get forward a lot.

Chance scoring one that helps us win would be fine with me too.

22. cjgwizard

cjgwizard Member

Apr 25, 2006
    LSP, section 129
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sp...gainst-mls-leaders-kansas-city-150055675.html

Looks like Montreal will have some new (possibly not fully fit) faces in their lineup. Hope we can run them ragged. Valentin and Mapp did not make the trip.

Regarding the kits, why would you switch to the darker shirt on a day where the heat index will likely be near 100 degrees? Damn, that's just dumb. We are the home team....why would we change things up now? Make the opponent wear the darker kits so they sweat more. Not sure I get this move.

23. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It might have been forced due to Montreal's color scheme being a cobalt and white. League/ref may have decided on it due to the la game.

24. dgb09

dgb09 Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Overland Park, KS
    I'm in favor of wearing the indigo jersey. I kind of like it better. I'd be more inclined to buy a jersey if we wore that version more often.

In terms of what we wear at home, that should be our decision and the other team brings their darker jersey. I didn't get why LA was wearing white. I thought it might have been an oversight by LA in bringing the wrong jersey. Ultimately, home team should be able to decide what color they wear, and the visitors bring the appropriate jerseys.

25. cjgwizard

cjgwizard Member

Apr 25, 2006
    LSP, section 129
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States