Sporting KC vs. Montpellier Hérault Sport Club (Friendly) 7/24/12 P/I/P [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by vividox, Jul 22, 2012.

1. SombraAla

SombraAla Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Waldo (Kansas City)
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Um, there's a simple solution for this - you can go and sell your ticket from the account manager and if you do so at the STH price then you'll probably get your ticket sold. I mean, many people may not realize it is available, but surely someone would look in at it and realize that the tickets cost less than they can get normally.

I much prefer the team actually provide 20 games to go to, particularly when they actually have very simple mechanisms in place to resell tickets if you don't want them, than bank on playoff games and then possibly not get those games.

Of course, there's the question about whether non SKC games should be included, and that's a good discussion to have... but when it comes down to it, when you are being sold a package of 20 games and you know there are only 17 regular season games to be had, you have to expect that those 3 extra games could be anything.

2. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    can you? because this is what it tells me in the account manager for this game and the stoke game:

"Due to Sporting Kansas City policies, tickets for this event have been restricted from sale."

3. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    No need for snooty comments like "bigsoccer at its finest" or "it's a classic bigsoccer mistake, commenting on what's not written in a post instead of only what is." I'm not attacking you for railing against season ticket advantages at all. I was merely offering a different way to look at it. Yeah, it's a marketing gimmick. They offer you a drastically reduced per game price but then charge you for 20 games instead of 17. My only point was, any way you slice it, you are still getting a discount from the single game (times 17) price, so you're still getting a deal.

Re: taxes, very good point, forgot about those, and they were very significant.

4. SombraAla

SombraAla Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Waldo (Kansas City)
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hrm, strange, I wasn't trying to sell them so I didn't realize that.

Stoke wasn't on the list of events I could sell tickets for at https://www.ticketexchangebyticketmaster.com/ , but this game was. I'm not sure the deal with that, but if you forwarded the tickets to yourself then you might be able to sell them that way.

I don't know why they would restrict resale of any particular game, seems strange to me.

5. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Because the ticket isn't worth as much as a "normal" ticket, and they don't want to have to pay you the price of a "normal" ticket to sell it.

6. SombraAla

SombraAla Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Waldo (Kansas City)
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    huh? I thought that it was totally a third party market and you set your own prices... but I haven't actually used it myself so I could be totally off base.

7. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Oh, maybe so, I haven't used it either. My assumption was it would put it up for sale at a fixed price, become available to people looking for single game tickets, and once it sold, the money went to you, minus a fee maintenance fees.

8. DirtyStriker

DirtyStriker Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Basehor, KS
    You set the price but it has be above $20 for MS, so season ticket members can not sell at the price point they bought them for.

9. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not that it's a big thing, but it could be. We have no one to back up Kronberg tomorrow. Nielsen is in Philly, Kempin is out, Spangler (league keeper) is injured, and apparently you can't have trialists or Juniors (Jacole Turner) play in these games per the CBA.

With Kronberg coming off a back injury as a keeper I'm a little worried about an injury.

10. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    This finally cleared it up for me, how the "free" games are offset.

Whatever the case, I think we'd all agree, that whatever SC is doing with its season ticket packages + "free" matches, its in stark contrast to the draconian stuff the NFL throws at season ticket holders, ala 2 preseason football games at regular season price. For that, I say thank you to SC, and hope they do as well as they can off selling not-so-free stuff.

11. Jarnevic

Jarnevic BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 21, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who's our "Wes Wade?" Which player can throw on the keeper jersey and gloves if Kronberg needs to sit? Is there anyone in the lineup with a goal keeping background from their youth? I would almost wonder if Kei steps into goal. Just because of his size and athleticism.

Anyway, I think this match ends in a draw. However, I'm not going to be able to go, so we'll probably win 7-0.

12. SombraAla

SombraAla Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Waldo (Kansas City)
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    as long as those of us who haven't used it continue to discuss it as we had, we're good to go. :thumbsup:

I'm pretty sure you get a free car every time you use it. Or a jetski or something.

(which is to say, those who HAVE used it, help us out here!)

13. SombraAla

SombraAla Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Waldo (Kansas City)
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I do think Kei's name was thrown around on twitter...

14. Beech

Beech Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When stresses are not present to busy the mind of man, man will invent stresses to busy the mind. - Beech

Le Game is fun, Hopeing les blues team gets le win!
    Glad I have the ticket as an option to choose whether or not I want to go. I choose to go and eat, drink and be Sporting!

kopiteinkc and Ron36pc repped this.
  15. Diego Pasley

Diego Pasley Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Lake Ozark, MO
    Anyone heard anything about this game being streamed by the team, or being available on mlslive?
    As for the discussion, I like these games. Timing is terrible, but it is fun to see some of our lesser used players, see a "foreign" team and players, and while I am not a big fan of driving a team to become a global brand I do think it is nice for foreign fans to see what MLS has become. (ie Livestrong Sporting Park/The Cauldron). Earning the respect of your peers should never be the focus of a team/league, but it is nice!

16. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You can certainly forward tickets to yourself or someone else and sell them that way.

17. jayhonk

jayhonk Member+

Oct 9, 2007
    I agree with this sentiment. The Newcastle players and coaches seemed pleased/impressed wiht the facilities--Someday that may pay off.

I just wonder though...
    Did Beckham talk Robbie Keane into coming over to play for the Galaxy by telling him the league was for real, or by telling him that he could score a bunch of goals because the players are a bunch of cupcakes...?

18. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    That's really how I look at these too. I love them in theory, but 17 games in 56 days is brutal.

19. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I'd like to believe that he went for the "for real" angle. Beckham's first few years in MLS were pretty rough for him, and he's said a lot of positive things about MLS in his tenure. It would be pretty counter-intuitive for him to pass that off as playing in a league of cupcakes. Also, from what I've heard, there are a lot more international players with interest in MLS than MLS has money to pay for them, so I feel like the positive perception of our league is growing, too.

20. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A friend of mine just drove by the gate to the parking lot and said it was wide open so if anyone wants to go tailgate now, your apparently free to do so.

21. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Whats the objection to being a global brand?

22. BenDover

BenDover BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 4, 2010
    Rio Verde, AZ
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Out on the river walk in San Antonio tonight. Good luck against the frogs. Hope the cauldron gives them an ear full.

23. bobunbury

bobunbury Member

Aug 16, 2004
    I hope you realize that a very derogatory remark toward French speaking people.

24. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    well, many here have wanted Cesar (self included). We got Cesar.

With Olum and Warzchya playing, I am wondering where Markovic will be positioned. My guess is wing back, not centrally. This could be an adventure.

25. Falsify

Falsify Member

Jul 28, 2007
    USA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    VERY derogatory? I don't really think so. The equivalent would be someone in Europe calling an American a yank. For the record I live in the US but my family is in Paris.