Sporting KC vs Houston 11/7 8pm p/i/p [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by Buzz Killington, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Kooth

Kooth Member

Sporting KC
    Mar 11, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am upbeat and positive about this game. I am going and will cheer myself hoarse.

I Believe That We Will Win!

2. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Pessimist. Seven goals by 35 minutes in or GTFO.

uncre8tv repped this.
  3. Oobers

Oobers Member+

Oct 17, 2011
    Boise
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    6.5 hours later and I have no idea what I was thinking with my sentence structure. WTF?

Sachsen repped this.
  4. Hungryjack

Hungryjack Member+

Jul 8, 2006
    Houston
    OK, hang on a second. before you get bent out of shape over this obviously Pulitzer Prize-caliber piece of journalism, please consider the source. We in Houston are very familiar with Jose de Jesus Ortiz. He is the "sportswriter" assigned by the Houston Chronicle to cover soccer and the Dynamo.

This is a guy who practically wets himself over any tidbit of coverage for the Mexican national team, yet when his local Houston Dynamo are playing an international CCL match, he's off live-tweeting a Roger Clemens softball league match.

When he can actually be bothered to cover the Dynamo, he spends his time stirring the pot trying to get team president Chris Canetti and/or the fans arguing online over inane crap. In fact, he is so comically bad, that he has inspired his own faux Twitter account http://twitter.com/ortizkickz

A solution looking for a problem indeed.

5. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    For those of stuck at home, any idea if there will be a broadcast somewhere? I find it hard to believe the league won't have broadcasts of all the playoff games tonight. :(

brahmafutbol repped this.
  6. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Is KSMO not showing it?

7. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Woke up this morning feeling pretty good about this, for some reason.

The crowd is going to be super important tonight. We need to make Houston's life a living hell. All it takes is one goal (hopefully early) to completely turn this fixture on its face.

8. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    According to the KSMO website, it's repeats of Numb3rs tonight. No game.

9. lawnchair

lawnchair Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    MLS thinks KSMO and Fox Sports Houston will carry it.

They are also supposedly opening up the MLS Live stream to everyone free tonight via mlssoccer.com, since they couldn't get a national spot for this match.

Markov41 repped this.
  10. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I know you can basically just hold up a white and blue piece of construction paper, but is there anything specific from the club regarding parking passes? Ive completely missed this.

(We just need that first goal !)

11. uncre8tv

uncre8tv Member

Dec 9, 2004
    Shreveport, LA (temporarily displaced from KC)
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just started whistling Magical Mystery Tour out of nowhere. I take this as a good sign.

12. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Parking passes were emailed out.

kcfooty repped this.
  13. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    "Sportswriter" LOL. If you're a nfl guy, you know there's a lot of disdain/hatred for Houston based soap boxes in KC right now (especially in light of an angry mob attacking our supporters while visiting your beautiful city). I feel for you though -- I consider us/kc soccer fortunate to have the journos we do in the Kansas City Star following our team.

14. aletheist

aletheist Member+

Nov 17, 2010
    Olathe, Kansas, USA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to the guide on my Dish Network receiver/DVR, KSMO-62 is showing a one-hour pregame show at 7:00, followed by the game itself at 8:00. Last night I was able to set it up to record without any trouble.

15. kcfooty

kcfooty Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DVR Alert!!!

According to my (U-Verse) DVR, KSMO is showing Numb3rs at 8:00. Also, the KSMO website indicates that KSMO is showing Numb3rs at 8:00. However, the SKC website shows that KSMO will carry the match.

So, I'm hoping SKC's site is correct and I'm setting my DVR to record Numb3rs, with a 3-hour over-run in case of extra time and PKs.

I'll suppress the marketing rant that is brewing within me about this...

EDIT: Thanks to the tip above, I also set my DVR to record the episode of Numb3rs at 7:00, with the hope that there really is a pre-game show at that time.

16. kcfooty

kcfooty Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't receive mine, so I emailed my rep today and he responded back ASAP with the attachment.

17. lukeD

lukeD Member+

Jul 7, 2011
    Olathe
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Quote below is from MLS Soccer.com. Where do these guys get this stuff? Vermes is about as tactically flexible as a carbon fiber rod.

"That's why Vermes should toss the 4-3-3 out the window for Wednesday night’s game and the numerous crosses that are just easy pickings for the Dynamo.

Here’s one alternative: Give the Dynamo a run for their money with a 4-4-2 alignment and have C.J. Sapong and Kei Kamara drive those Dynamo central defenders nuts. The two forwards could force the Houston fullbacks to pinch in to help, which would open space for SKC's Jacob Peterson and Bobby Convey on the flanks."

18. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Oh c'mon, PV inflexible!?????????? I half expect PV to throw a WM at Houston tonight, with Kronberg at center forward.

YilmazOrhan and Ihateusernames repped this.
  19. kcfooty

kcfooty Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The KSMO website has been updated. Pregame at 7:00 and game at 8:00.

20. SombraAla

SombraAla Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Waldo (Kansas City)
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sure, PV is 'inflexible' in the sense that he sticks to the 4-3-3/4-5-1 formation... but to say that this formation itself is way off the mark. SKC, at its best, has players floating all over the place. fullbacks going up the flanks which then puts the CDs at the wings which then forces the DM to fill in a CB spot at times. Midfielders not only rotate but swap with wing forwards at times. Wing forwards swap sides or sometimes the entire front three rotate as well.

At times we've moved away from this and become more rigid, I tend to think it depends on the personnel on the field and their level of comfort with everyone else/swapping/etc.

21. kcfooty

kcfooty Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Getting pumped. I just have a feeling that this is going to be an EPIC comeback that will catapult us forward with unstoppable momentum through the playoffs.

22. jtreg

jtreg Member

Aug 16, 2010
    State of denial
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Live by the sword, die by the sword. :devilish:

C'mon Wizards!

23. lukeD

lukeD Member+

Jul 7, 2011
    Olathe
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The quote on MLS.com came from SmorgasBorg. We all know how sharp Simon Borg is.:)

24. Hungryjack

Hungryjack Member+

Jul 8, 2006
    Houston
    Hey guys, it could be worse. LOL at NY and DC tonight.

25. ChocolateCandy

ChocolateCandy Member+

Real Madrid
    Jul 23, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN (by 3)