Sporting KC player news/rumors

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by Buzz Killington, Mar 14, 2014.

1. kcfooty

kcfooty Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup. You are correct. I watched it again for this detail. I also won't get into who kicked whom - I'd hate to make you feel wrong. ;)

Ike.png

JasonMa repped this.
  2. ChocolateCandy

ChocolateCandy Member+

Real Madrid
    Jul 23, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Without reading the CFB, I imagine there's multiple posts along the lines of:

"Ike wouldn't be hurt if Kronberg had caught that cross. Bench him."

3. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with the first part of that, if Kronberg catches that, Opara doesn't get hurt, but I won't claim the second.

4. dgb09

dgb09 Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Overland Park, KS
    The retention funds for Zusi and Besler would not be in this figure, right? I bet he's really on something like eleventy kajillion dollars (per week).

5. dgb09

dgb09 Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Overland Park, KS
    Also, I can't believe that $200k figure because it would mean we live in a world in which Besler is paid less than Nat Borchers. I just, I couldn't handle that.

KopRules and vividox repped this.
  6. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. BenDover

BenDover BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 4, 2010
    Rio Verde, AZ
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was just a bit surprised to see Ellis getting loaned out to OKC. I thought that he did well in his last couple of outings and could get more time with the top squad. But, getting more playing time never hurts and he should get a lot with OKC...

8. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I wonder why on earth Peter would be looking at him now. KC is looking more full at the forward positions than ever I can remember.

10. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Unless Bieler is going back to Quito...

11. theEZmac

theEZmac Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Yeah that's what I would guess. IMO the present forward situation is not very satisfactory over the long run and something needs to change. I would love to have someone who we could rely on to score goals in tough situations(scoring against a horrendous Montreal back 4 doesn't count).

If only we could merge the athleticism of Dwyer with the finishing of Bieler.

12. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I just think it's funny that Peter keeps scouting all these clever poachers and little guys up front when the team setup and play is literally screaming for a big guy with some serious strength and speed. It's almost like he wants to make the team look prettier by playing towards the current worldwide soccer meta. Someone that can also add to our set piece danger--I mean, we're one of the meanest set piece teams in the league, yet we currently pretty much just have one target. That's my take. Since SKC usually have possession dominance and usually start running out of ideas and flinging crosses, get someone who can make something of those?

13. YilmazOrhan

YilmazOrhan Well Brian, I hit it first time...

Jun 18, 2006
    Suburbia, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmm, that's what Sapong and Kamara do/did. The problem is finding a guy like that who also has something resembling finishing skills with his feet.....

14. Soccer7947

Soccer7947 Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Kansas
    I would love to have Darren mattock. Perfect fit for a PV center forward. Speed, engine, arial.

Sparks27 repped this.
  15. Sparks27

Sparks27 Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I was actually just thinking about this...... as I added him to my fantasy team.

16. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I like Mattocks, but I think opposite the youthful upside of Dwyer, Sporting more needs a solid, proven presence. Bieler is a good foil, I think, but his production this year hasn't been.

17. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it's hard to produce when your manager won't play you.

18. Sparks27

Sparks27 Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Bieler has started 3 games and has produced 0 goals and has for the most part been invisible. Meanwhile we actually have a CF who is scoring goals in Dwyer. So you Start Dwyer.

19. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    This. Not just his production, but his opportunities of production. Aside from a good showing home against Cruz Azul, I can't think of a time when he's matched his preseason danger levels. Disappointing, as it looked like he was on a page with Benny, really pushing himself to be an aggressive, influential player every time he's out there.

20. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And over Dwyer's first 3 starts, he produced 1 PK goal and for the most part had been invisible. Up until last week, Dwyer was barely doing any better than Bieler in the goal scoring category.

Bieler's style of play is more conducive to disappearing during games, and then popping up at the penalty spot to slot home a cross. Dwyer's style is more direct.

jtreg, vividox, Blando13 and 2 others repped this.
  21. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    Here's the latest from Alfredo Pedullà (translated from Italian):

Exclusive: Palmer-Brown and Juventus update

We’ve been talking about it for months, but this week should be the right one for the final agreement. We’re referring to Erik Palmer-Brown, the 17-year-old defender with Sporting Kansas City who Juve has been eyeing for some time.

The youngster has a very interesting profile and is being viewed prospectively as a future piece of the Bianconeri defense. The two clubs have decided on this week for the decisive meetings to exchange documents and to put pen to paper.

For this operation, worth just under $1 million, Juventus has already spoken with Erik’s family. The plan will involve his arrival in Italy once he has reached the age of eighteen. In the meantime some training stints have been scheduled, which will allow him to facilitate his settling in. But we are now approaching the final agreements.

http://www.alfredopedulla.com/articoli/43721-esclusiva_palmer_brown_e_la_juve_gli_aggiornamen

22. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This guy has been saying the move is imminent for a while, I'm ready to wait for confirmation from another source.

23. kcfooty

kcfooty Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't come up with any reason for SKC to move EPB other than "money now"... and I don't see that happening. Won't we get all kinds of exceptions to his salary, etc... if he stays (homegrown player, etc...)? And if he turns out to be the cat's meow, then he'll be worth *more* later. Besides SKC taking the money and running and EPB channeling Veruca Salt, "I want Europe NOW!!", what other reasonable rationale does SKC have to make this deal?

24. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I don't know all the ins and outs of this stuff, but for a 17 year old, won't his family's decision carry a lot of legal weight with the club? And I gotta think, as little as SKC would want to lose this kid, if he really wants to go, he can find a way.

Blando13 repped this.
  25. kcfooty

kcfooty Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So you are backing the Veruca Salt position... :p