Sporting KC player news/rumors

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by Buzz Killington, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Blando13

Blando13 Member+

Dec 4, 2013
    Lee's Summit, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't know the answer to that ... could be Orlando possibly waiting for him to be waived, possibly SKC saying they'd waive the player soon instead of sending down the "required" 2nd loanee. Who knows.

2. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or it could be they don't want him enough to pay for him. But could want him if he was free.

3. Blando13

Blando13 Member+

Dec 4, 2013
    Lee's Summit, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like we have replacements ready to be announced ... 2 signings this week!?

4. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Vermes made the same quotes last week after Gardner was waived. I assume they're coming, we'll see when.

5. Blando13

Blando13 Member+

Dec 4, 2013
    Lee's Summit, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, and 1 of those players is a pretty solid rumor ... the other??? Nothing that I've seen. I know we have a draft pick from this year that was let go by DC in for training, but wouldn't think that would be it (although who knows).

6. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    Here's the latest from Alfredo Pedullà (translated from Italian):

Exclusive: the latest on Palmer-Brown and Juventus

The next week should be the right one in defining the final details for defender Erik Palmer-Brown’s transfer to Juventus. As we have reported in the past, the Bianconeri have gained a significant advantage by now to overcome Sporting Kansas City’s resistance.

The formula will allow Palmer-Brown to remain in the States until reaching the age of 18 (as he is a non-EU citizen) with the possibility of spending training stints in Italy in order to facilitate his adjustment to the new environment. A new contract is expected between the clubs in the next few days which will put the final details in order.

http://www.alfredopedulla.com/articoli/41810-esclusiva-palmer-brown-e-la-juve-le-ultime

7. SombraAla

SombraAla Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Waldo (Kansas City)
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At this point, with the number of times that Juve has essentially cried 'wolf', I'm going to have to wait until I see something from the KC side before I believe anything.

8. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    It's not Juve crying wolf though. It's the Italian press.

9. SombraAla

SombraAla Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Waldo (Kansas City)
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, right now they're all Juve to me.

10. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Juliao is in on loan.

11. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Is Peter Schmetz still training with us? I haven't heard anything on him in awhile.

12. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ike's season is over. You may now begin to worry about our CBs when Besler leaves.

13. Formulaic

Formulaic Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That....sucks.

14. YilmazOrhan

YilmazOrhan Well Brian, I hit it first time...

Jun 18, 2006
    Suburbia, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Besler's probably going to miss 9 or 10 matches. Ouch. EPB, you ready for the big time?

15. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    9 or 10? Forgive me, but how so? The three guaranteed US games are mid to late June. Sporting have two games in June and then another on the 6th of July. I've never really followed a player through the WC cycle. Do they leave months in advance or something?

16. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Also, didn't that recent release of SKC headhunting interests mention a potential new CB? Or was it just "another defender," so possibly a backup LB. Hm, now that I bring it up, I'm thinking the latter.

17. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They report in May, it's not 9 games, but it's more than the 2 in June.

On your other post it was just defender

18. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Yeah, there are a lot of games in May. I don't know all the roster rules, but I'd think since the transfer window is still open that SKC could put Ike on that same medical list that HX is on and make room for a new CB. Obviously, not one as good, but perhaps some emergency depth. Especially if EPB doesn't prove to be an immediate MLS-quality starting CB.

20. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wow. what a blow. quite a jump from what we initially thought was just a contusion (bruise).

21. kcfooty

kcfooty Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm confused. Is this injury related to the play where he was kicked in the knee and then fell on the ball resulting in the PK at Colorado? In that play, I thought he took studs to the top of the right knee. What I'm reading is a cartilage issue in the right ankle. Anybody have any insight on this?

22. YilmazOrhan

Jun 18, 2006
    Suburbia, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    USA camp starts "Mid-May", so lets assume the 5/14 game vs Philly is the last before they leave. Which means Besler misses 6 games in May/June for sure. Group play wraps up on June 26, and the round of 16 games for Group G are June 30/July 1. This could, in theory, put Besler back in action for our July 6th game, but I remember our 2006 crew (EJ, Jimmy C, and Josh Wolff) taking a week or two off to recover after the USA was finished.

So maybe 10 is being excessively pessimistic (or optimistic for the USMNT), but it's 6 for sure. I expect him to miss July 6th (7), and would not be terribly surprised if he misses the road games on the 12th and 16th (8 and 9).

23. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rapids fan here, but to me it appeared more than he hit his shin into Watts' studs (who kicked who is a debate I shouldn't participate in) than his knee. Could have been his ankle as well but it definitely seemed lower on the leg than his knee to me.

24. YilmazOrhan

Jun 18, 2006
    Suburbia, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Also thought Chance's numbers were looking low, too, as wasn't he just in a wage battle with Rosenborg or something? Figured he would have walked out of that with a bigger chunk of the cap.