Sporting KC player national team news [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by Buzz Killington, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When players are out injured, they are always way better than what is available over there.

2. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was just about to make the same mistake, thanks for stopping me.

3. Roush

Roush Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not nicknamed Nuts and Assholes for nothing...

4. bobunbury

bobunbury Member

Aug 16, 2004
    Yeah,but some of those douche bags were SKC supporters, particularly, Morry. The time that they posted didn't even reflect that they re-watched the game.

Again, I am somewhat relieved that Bunbury and Zusi and a matter of fact, CJ didn't score; They would have been annointed prematurely.

5. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did you see this one:

This guy has some ridiculous expectations. Comparing Zusi to Iniesta or Xavi and even Donovan and Dempsey. Where the hell did he here Zusi was going to be that level of player? Really? WTF? I might have to reply to this one. How do you expect a guy to come into their first cap when they have a single season as an MLS starter and be that level of a player?

6. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only person I've found saying something anywhere close to that has been Simon Borg and we all know what how well respected and smartly opinionated he is. :rolleyes:

7. SombraAla

SombraAla Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Waldo (Kansas City)
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I didn't get to see the game until just now and, granted, I've stopped at 58' b/c I should've stopped a long time ago, but damn - the folks over at US Mens board are on crack or something. Zusi already should've had two assists - one a great save by the GK and one a horrible try by Jones. I went into the game thinking that Zusi looked horrible based on the assessments I'd been seeing everywhere and perhaps he sucks it up in his last 15' but he was not 'the worst player on the pitch' by any stretch of the imagination.

I'm not saying Zusi was MOTM or anything, but I was really shocked to find him not suck like I'd been led to believe.

Oh well, what can you do. Hopefully I can get around to seeing the rest of the match later to get a feel for how Sapong did. Bunbury had his good and bad moments.

8. Ryans A Boss

Ryans A Boss Member

Oct 15, 2011
    Leawood
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is very true about Zusi, though as the match wore on his play steadily digressed probably cause of fitness.

Bunbury was so so in my opinion.

Sapong really didnt do much of anything. he made a few good runs and added size in the box on set pieces but thats about it.

and on the set piece late in the game that jones blew over goal, I sooooooo wish Zusi had been in the game cause that was screaming his name...

9. SombraAla

SombraAla Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Waldo (Kansas City)
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, and one of the reasons I stopped where I did is because that's when he got kicked in the hip or side or something and needed a bit of time. It's hard to say if that caused his problems, if it was fitness or being out wide and, at the time, on the left (thought he did much better on the right, but also felt that Shea did too and wonder if it was because Heath Pearce wasn't providing much in the way of support in the left back position... that being said, I have to say that I honestly don't know exactly how FBs ought to behave anymore because the two teams I follow closely play 4-3-3 and the FBs get up and down so much more than they probably ought to in a 4-4-2). But I digress... I ultimately think that anyone asking Zusi to deliver more than 60 minutes of flawless football on his first cap is out of their mind.

Granted, Venezuela isn't Italy or Spain... but the whole experience is just so different, not to mention the nerves, that I'm going to take 60 minutes like that and say "we can build on that". Definitely not "worst player on the pitch".

Really thought, in the time I watched, that he was up and down. Would do something great like hold up play one time and then the next time he'd screw it up. Would set people up one time and then botch the pass the next.

Thing about him is that he's still 21 until next month and also a year younger than Sapong. Age isn't as important in soccer, but I continue to hope that age will make him more consistent.

I didn't see that one, but the one I was referring to was early in the 2nd half where Bunbury, Feilhaber, Zusi and Jones (and AJ?) all combined to ultimately get Jones right in front of goal with just needing to steer it around the GK and he failed to come close to hitting the target.

10. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bunbury and Zusi starting again.

More of a 4-4-2 lineup, which I think will fit both players better, especially Teal.

11. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
  12. siskoeva

siskoeva Member

Oct 31, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Yeah Baby! Quick accidental One-Two of KC players! Boonbooree gets a heel off a deflected cross and Zusi puts the rebound under the torso of the goalie with a rocket from 10 yards

13. DigitalCrawl13

Jun 12, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good for Zus... But jesus, we look horrible.

14. siskoeva

siskoeva Member

Oct 31, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    CJ Sapong in at the 76th minute, Replacing Teal Bunbury

15. ChocolateCandy

ChocolateCandy Member+

Real Madrid
    Jul 23, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sapong has a future with the USMNT, no question. Zuzi improved from the first game. Teal, however, was awful. As usual, his first touch let him down countless times. Sometimes I wonder how he's a professional forward.

I'm not sure why the folk on the U.S. boards have their panties in such a wad. It wasn't pretty, but what did they expect? This is a makeshift group of MLS/Scandinavian players. In this type of friendly, you mainly have to take the good with the bad and move on. Plus, there were times where we possessed well, and made some nice combinations. You can tell Klinsmann is influencing the guys.

16. jtreg

jtreg Member

Aug 16, 2010
    State of denial
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude, I took a peek in there. It reads like a group of children at a playground - tossing sand and cat shit at each other, and crying that they got it in their mouth.

17. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    See that's your mistake right there, you expect them to be rational.

18. DirtyStriker

DirtyStriker Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Basehor, KS
    Makes you wonder if the remember the full national team lost to Panama 1-0 at home last year. It was an ugly game but then again what did they expect?

19. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Hillarious, from sportingkc.com:

“I think I might have kind of blacked out a little bit,” Zusi said of his post-goal thoughts.

Me too, Zusi.

20. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone know of a torrent of this game? I was in the ER during the game so I didnt get to see it.

21. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you should probably just skip it.

22. Formulaic

Formulaic Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the replay is on espn3.

23. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I probably wont watch the whole thing but being that I didnt get to see the other game and I want to see Zusi and CJ in a Yanks kit along with the goal, I want to check it out a few minutes of it.

24. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks. I didnt even think to check there. I would rep you but apparently I need to spread it.

25. Replicant

Replicant Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you didn't see it, as Formulaic said, its on ESPN3.

Just so you know, you're not going to get as good of a feed as you normally would from ESPN3. The cameras they had to work with down there aren't very good (probably don't shoot in HD). Kinda like what DC United has. But its not THAT bad, just not as good of quality as normal.