Sporting KC @ Colorado 5/19 8pm p/i/p [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by Buzz Killington, May 15, 2012.

1. Lord Helmet

Lord Helmet Member

Apr 29, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll be happy if we don't do something to beat ourselves.

2. Formulaic

Formulaic Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This. All I want is for us to play 90 minutes without a total brain fart. If we lose, so be it, but at least make the other team beat us.

That said, ifwe play like the first 45 last week we can win. Without Roger and still possibly Seth? I would be happy enough with a solidly played draw.

3. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i think we were outplayed in the first half last week until friedrich went out with the injury. after that, we were completely in control until collin went da-da-da-dumb again.

4. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    As much as Ill miss seeing Roger's tenacity in the middle, Im almost happy PV has to do something different against CO. He probably wont -- just go w/ Nagamura -- but I do like the fact that there is at least a slight unknown leading up to this week's XI.

Oh, and I am still in the player rotation camp too, so bonus there. You cant realistically expect Espinoza to run like he has all year long anyways.

5. cjgwizard

cjgwizard Member

Apr 25, 2006
    LSP, section 129
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If we can keep Casey (and Collin, for that matter) under control, I think we can win this one. From what I have read, their D was pretty much a mess against DC since they have had to plug some holes due to injury. Get a goal early and keep pressing for #2. You would think they would be pretty focused to get out of their funk this week after reverting to last year's brain farts against Chicago. Would like to see Teal do the same thing he did the last time we were there.....:D

Oh, and Mullan might also miss this game due to injury.
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2012/05/18/henao-edu-could-make-first-starts-colorado-vs-skc

6. jtreg

jtreg Member

Aug 16, 2010
    State of denial
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, if nothing else - the Battle of the Bic'ed Baldies, Collin v. Casey, should be fun to watch.

7. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Casey made his first start of the season Wednesday in DC I wonder his fitness level to start two games in a week

8. jtreg

jtreg Member

Aug 16, 2010
    State of denial
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought he looked pretty good coming off of a long injury, and I think he'll get time, but who knows how much.

9. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sure he'll get time especially with Cummings out but I'd question fitness levels after the long lay off

10. Oobers

Oobers Member+

Oct 17, 2011
    Boise
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Bunbury and Nagamura starting tonight. Should be interesting.

11. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nagamura was expected, Bunbury is surprising, but not shocking. I personally would have sat Kamara over Sapong though.

12. Soccer7947

Soccer7947 Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Kansas
    Please don't ever play Peterson again. He has been painful to watch!

13. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jacob or Joseph? I thought Joseph (Haitian Xavi) did quite well when he came on.

When you're up 2-0, you HAVE to close the game out. We let Colorado have way too much possession after we were up 2-0 and didn't really press again until it was 2-2. Poor performance.

14. ji_shuheng

ji_shuheng Member+

Mar 26, 2003
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that should feel like a loss, right?

15. Oobers

Oobers Member+

Oct 17, 2011
    Boise
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    We were way too content to let Colorado pass the ball around. I thought halftime might fix that, but nope. Joseph pleasantly surprised me. Jacob Peterson did not. And Cesar continued to pass the ball away. Uff.

16. Soccer7947

Soccer7947 Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Kansas
    I really hate seeing him come on for Convey every time.

17. ji_shuheng

ji_shuheng Member+

Mar 26, 2003
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    cesar was hardly the only one doing that tonight.

18. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's who I figured. I'm still waiting to see what Vermes saw in him when we signed him, and anything that would have pointed to why he would have wanted to trade for him before this year.

Watching the replay, Kimura was his man on the tying goal

19. Oobers

Oobers Member+

Oct 17, 2011
    Boise
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I know, but that's a consistent issue with him.

20. Jough

Jough Member+

Jul 30, 2007
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll always take a road point, but definitely feels like a loss. We were playing pretty well for exactly half the game. The first 22:30 and the last 22:30. When we ease up and get lazy we look like absolute junk.

Anyway, fantasy points went up so here's some automated player ratings. Bunbury with the man of the match for his brace. Hopefully he can keep it up.

Colorado Rapids
    Matt Pickens 3.9
    Drew Moor 4.6
    Koskue Kimura 6.5
    Hunter Freeman 4.6
    Tyrone Marshall 6.5
    The Ginja Ninja 5.4
    Martin Rivero 5.8
    Jaime Castrillon 4.6
    Wells Thompson 4.6
    Conor Casey 6.1
    Tony Cascio 4.6
    Edu 4.3
    Kamani Hill 4.3
    Luis Zapata 4.3

Sporting Kansas City
    Jimmy Nielsen 5.0
    Aurelien Collin 5.4
    Matt Besler 4.6
    Chance Myers 4.3
    Seth Sinovic 6.1
    Graham Zusi 5.0
    Paolo Nagamura 4.6
    Bobby Convey 3.9
    Julio Cesar 5.0
    Kei Kamara 4.6
    Teal Bunbury 8.4
    Jacob Peterson 4.3
    Peterson Joseph 4.3
    Lawerence Olum 4.3

21. ryanhetu

ryanhetu Member

May 16, 2011
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am really excited for what Peterson Joseph could be for us. Very promising young talent. As far as Jacob Peterson goes, he's just open cup depth the way he played tonight. Sapong for Convey would have been ideal. Really annoys me Convey gave up the first free kick, that led to Colorado's first goal, with that stupid challenge from behind.

22. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Man, sure feels like a loss. We just let Colorado do anything they wanted as soon as we went up 2-0 and didn't try to do anything differently until it got to 2-2. Very frustrating, I don't like our tendency to get a lead and then let our opposition take it to us. Lots and lots of poor passes in the midfield and defense, we were really lucky Casey couldn't finish his early gift.

Sinivic was a breath of fresh air after seeing Harrington the last few games. I don't think Mikey is going to be getting that spot back anytime soon. A point on the road isn't bad, but man... I was really hoping the days of giving up a two/three goal lead were behind us.

23. aletheist

aletheist Member+

Nov 17, 2010
    Olathe, Kansas, USA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bayern gave up the equalizer on Chelsea's only corner of the entire game. SKC gave up two goals, both on free kicks from just outside the box (though the second one took a couple of extra touches). Not a good day for my teams defending set pieces.

24. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    It kind of blew my mind how stupid our fouls were outside the box. Convey's in particular was just egregious. I don't know what he was going for there, but that was a terrible tackle from behind and a terrible place to try something like that.

25. SombraAla

SombraAla Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Waldo (Kansas City)
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He had gotten fouled just before and it was frustration, IMO. Doesn't excuse it, but gives an idea of what he was thinking.

ji_shuheng repped this.