Sporting KC at Houston Sunday Nov 4, 2:30 p/i/p [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by Buzz Killington, Oct 28, 2012.

1. drhoades00

drhoades00 Member

Aug 13, 2010
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I feel like we need an offensive coordinator to come in and improve the attack. Someone that can teach these guys the things they need to improve upon our attack. It seems like our staff is pretty good at teaching defense and overall shape but not so much with the finer details of how to attack, create chances, and finish.

2. ji_shuheng

ji_shuheng Member+

Mar 26, 2003
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this a result of zambrano leaving?

i was less distressed today by the lack of depth of forward and more concerned that all three subs were like-for-like.

3. yossarin

yossarin Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
  4. BenDover

BenDover BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 4, 2010
    Rio Verde, AZ
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We are screwed. We haven't been able to scare up a goal against these guys on our best day and now we have to get two goals just to get to PKs? Vermes has not got the time to change anything up even if he knew what to change. That means just more of the same results. I don't know whether to blind or go bowling.....

5. Silock

Silock Member

Feb 8, 2007
    KC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They certainly are when you are unable to capitalize on that position because of an inability to gameplan and make in-game adjustments.

6. JC507

JC507 Member+

Jan 21, 2007
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or
    Or celebrating our 2-0 win?

7. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i sure hope our boys wake up feeling the way i do. i'm feeling just about the opposite from the way i felt when i went to bed. i'm feeling like we're about to do something special.

KopRules repped this.
  8. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Zambrano.

9. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The boys need our support more than ever on Wednesday night. With our help they can do this.

kopiteinkc repped this.
  10. Soccer7947

Soccer7947 Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Kansas
    I would love to see this as the starting line up

Zusi-CJ-Kei
    Joesph
    Roger-Uri
    Seth-Matt-Collin-Myers
    Jimmy

We all know we are going to play a 4-3-3. I would like to us play with a little more creative flair. I want to bring in Uri & Joesph for their passing abilities. We need a strong first touch this next game and I think those two players would bring that to the table.

11. uncre8tv

uncre8tv Member

Dec 9, 2004
    Shreveport, LA (temporarily displaced from KC)
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No Jacob Peterson? All that guy does is score goals (usually)

12. Soccer7947

Soccer7947 Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Kansas
    Houston is going to pack players behind the ball. We need players who can pass the ball quickly on the first touch. Also, I thought our offense looks better with Zusi on the wing.

13. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You want to start two players in our midfield that have barely any playing time this season in the most important game of the year?

14. Soccer7947

Soccer7947 Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Kansas
    yes, because through out the year we haven't been able to break down a bunker defense.IMO I think bringing in a passer like Joseph would help. I am only saying Uri because Cesar went down with a calf cramp on Sunday. Also, we have no idea on Nags. I hate Olum as a DM so that is why I would like Uri.

15. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    Joesph is a red card waiting to happen, especially in a game that is already starting with a higher level of emotion.

16. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Well, we all know that that's not entirely true.

Totally agree with you. This can be done.

Fortunately, I am not tactically smart enough to have written off the second leg. I must be dim, because I am actually looking forward to this....

A goal. A single f***ing goal. At home. It doesnt even have to be an early goal. It doesnt even have to be a pretty goal. Heck, it can be an OG. We dont even have to be the better team. Just one goal. That is all.

1-2 on aggregate, with time on the clock. What would that feel like inside the building? It would be a Houston nightmare. If Houston is going to advance, so be it - I'll congratulate them. But first, I want to see them suffer a 10-20 minute nightmare.

Maybe I am just a sick-minded fan boy, but I am looking forward to seeing our opponent's discomfort. This thing is about a single goal. Not two, and certainly not three.

vividox, MLSNHTOWN and kcfooty repped this.
  17. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    KCSC said what I meant. Last sentence. He just used fewer words.

18. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hate to admit it but I dont have a lot of faith right now. Didnt fall asleep until nearly 3AM and just do not feel good about this. I hope I'm wrong.

19. Soccer7947

Soccer7947 Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Kansas
    +1... just one goal and this game can change quickly to our favor

kcfooty repped this.
  20. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It is all about momentum and I agree with the above posts that one goal will shift that. I do think it needs to come in the first half .. at the latest before the hour mark .. and then let the pressure build.

We have to be patient, no matter what, launching everyone forward and leaving us exposed to the counter attack is my biggest fear.

I would play Kei on the right, not the left, he plays better on that side.

Other than that ... "LET'S GO WIZARDS!!"

21. SenorCool

SenorCool Member

Apr 10, 2006
    In a House

All Senor Cool knows is that the blonde is built to be my next ex-wife! She won my fan of the game award. You guys can pass the word on to her!
    Hate your team!
    Love your women!

On a serious not, I was a little surprised to see Sporting not get a goal. I was thinking a 2-1 Houston or 1-1 draw in the first leg. It is just the way we have played lately. Tactically, I think Kinnear got the 4-4-2 right with both Clark and Moffat because they are not afraid to get stuck in play with an edge. Early fouls took you guys out of rhythm and that is what Vermes (the American Sir Alex) whined and complained about.

I thought your defense was solid and getting you guys out on the wing was what scared me most. With Kamara and Peterson running at defenders, especially Sarkodie, I figured you guys would have more opportunities. Depending on how bad the Taylor injury is, that could help you guys as well on Wednesday. Being from Houston, I will go with a 2-1 Sporting win. I just hope to see a good match and not another San Jose-LA snooze fest.

22. ZinedineZusi

ZinedineZusi Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    We need to give the ref an earful when Houston starts their fouling. I'd like to see a sending off.

23. lukeD

lukeD Member+

Jul 7, 2011
    Olathe
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Saw this intersting info on the Houston forum
    Paul Carr@PCarrESPN
    Since MLS began home-&-home series in 2003, 3 teams trailed by 2 goals heading home; 2 advanced ('04 KC, '03 SJ).

3hPaul Carr@PCarrESPN
    Last MLS team to advance after losing first leg by two goals: 2004 KC, which lost 2-0 at SJ, won 3-0 at home.​

24. Geo-Wiz

Geo-Wiz New Member

May 9, 2002
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Honestly, If Boswell is going to tell broadcasters "I'm going to foul and then game the ref by calling for a dive immediately" why shouldn't this be a card for simulation. Normally you think of cards going against offensive players trying to draw penalties or cards, but this is just as cynical.

25. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Khari Stephenson's shining moment for the club. Funny enough Ching put the ball in his own net for the second goal that game