Sporting CP 2013/14 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by natenate101, May 30, 2013.

1. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    BTW, Bruno said Monday on a tv show that we already have signed Wolfswinkel's substitute and today he confirmed it again on his interview with Record. He implied, kinda cryptically, that it wasn't the right time to release his name because it might affect other negotiations.

So, who do you think is going to be our next starting forward?

2. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    So were keeping Semedo huh?
    Montero is a decent little player, can't really see him playing alone up front though, which is usually how Jardim plays. Hopefully he's not the replacement BdC was talking about.

3. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I suppose we are keeping him, either that or we're going to have to hire someone.

Montero is not the replacement BdC was talking about. BdC said that we've already hired him, and Montero implied that a team in Portugal was after him, not that it had hired him.

4. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    I believe Cisse is RvW's replacement. With a buyout clause of 1.5 million and a generally decent relationship with Academica, I could see this deal happening.

Montero is an interesting player. MLS is a very rough league, like England. Mind you he plays for Millionairos in Colombia now, but while he was with the Sounders he held up pretty well given the physical nature of the league.

5. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Montero is NOT smasll. Height wise maybe...but he's learned to deal with physicality from MLS well, especially playing a lone central forward many times.

He's especially learned how to play with his back to goal.

His weaknesses I'd say is mentality, and playing in BIG games. He's at times been the best international player in MLS during the season...but often times he crumbles under pressure not able to perform as well during playoffs.

Same has happened when he's played in the concacaf champions league, and as of recently, in the copa libertadores.

I don't know why...but I know he'd tear the portuguese league in half....but in competitions outside of it...he can be suspect.

6. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ^ not too sure about the whole," tear the Liga in half" viewpoint. Seems like wishful thinking.

7. portugal#1

portugal#1 Member

Mar 10, 2007
    The Portuguese league can be very physical at times, especially when playing against the big clubs. We'll see. Always like Montero at Seattle. He came on as a really hyped Colombian and did pretty well for himself but has fallen out of the limelight as of late. Probably will look to Sporting to boost his Colombia NT chances.

8. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Didn't mean to offend. I just think he has a good amount skill. To be fair, I'd think he'd blow up in Holland also. Both leagues better than MLS.

Just needs to acimilate to everything first.
    I don't think he'll have issues with the physicality or the 'direct' play you see at the low level beyond the big 3 (is it?). That's a LOT of MLS also.

Yea; He went to Colombia to make a splash over there and get chances back with teh NT. He wants to go to the WC. This may be his last chance.

natenate101 repped this.
  9. Inkie

Inkie Member

May 17, 2013
    Paio Pires
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Leonardo Jardim tends to priviledge a mobile striker, i think Montero would do great here.

10. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    No. This Monday BdC he kinda dismissed our interest in him. And he's definitely not ready to be our starter.

11. vaiamerda

vaiamerda Member+

Feb 27, 2011
    Really, a has been from the MLS is going to net you 15-20 goals?

12. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    First of all no one said he would score 15-20 goals. Second, not sure how a 24 year old who was widely considered to be Seattle's best player can be considered a has been. Third I don't think anyone is expecting him to start.

joaommx repped this.
  13. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly.

14. CDPontaDelgada

CDPontaDelgada Member+

CD Santa Clara
    Aug 15, 2012
    Ponta Delgada PT
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    david luiz came for the 2nd tier of brasil look at hi now

15. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It would awesome if Mauricio turned out to be great, but I think our skepticism is fair enough.

16. CDPontaDelgada

CDPontaDelgada Member+

CD Santa Clara
    Aug 15, 2012
    Ponta Delgada PT
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Wonder is Wilson Eduardo is in the plans of SCP had an impressive season at Academica. Comes alive in big games only saw him play a couple of times and his service to Edinho was good and in the UEFA Cup or EL he was there only hope besides Marinho.

I am not a SCP fan but the squad looks thin but it's still early. Diego Rubio and Viola look like two promising players IMHO and Salamao is back and he was good at Deportivo I say SCP get a new CB ,CAM, AND A CF then they will be ok.

natenate101 repped this.
  17. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agree about the trouble positions. I don't think much of Rubio, but I think Viola has something to give. Wilson should be given a shot, but I'm not sure about Salomao.
    Preseason is really gonna be a battle for spots.

Cedric/Lopes/Arias---Dier/Ilori----Rojo/Reis?/Mauricio?----Jefferson/King?
    ----------Rinaudo/Andre Santos/Zezinho-----Adrien/Schaars/Joao Mario?--
    -----------------------------Labyad/Martins/?-----------------------------------
    -Carrillo/Salomao/Esgaio?---------------------Bruma/Wilson Eduardo/Viola--
    ------------------------------------??????----------------------------------------------

CAM is a big big hole since Matias left. We badly need creativity and a goal scoring threat from the CAM position. Andre Santos played there a bit for Deportivo, maybe he gets a shot further up? We know he can shoot.

------------------------------Labyad/Martins/?----------------------------------

18. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Difference is David Luiz was like 18 when he left, Mauricio is 24 and still there.
    Salomao played a total of 428 minutes in 14 games, which is around 5 games. I kinda hope he doesn't make the squad, it would take up the spot of someone who could actually add something.

We desperately need a midfielder or winger who can score. Bruma and Esgaio might be able to fill that whole in a couple of years but right now we have no one.

19. CDPontaDelgada

CDPontaDelgada Member+

CD Santa Clara
    Aug 15, 2012
    Ponta Delgada PT
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    What is a realistic player for CF. West Ham want tooffload Vaz te

20. geeko1979

geeko1979 Member

May 7, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I read that matias fernandes has fallen out of favour and wants to leave...

21. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon

lol no offense, but it seems like most of his goals are really just mistakes from shitty defenders. He won't get too many of those of opportunities in Portugal.

Vaz Te would be nice, probably has a really high salary though. I see him as more of a back up too, we really need a Liedson.

22. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    He's done the same in Colombia.

23. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    He has 7 goals in 36 games in Colombia, no?

24. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd take him back on a loan. Seriously though, I can see him heading to the Middle East like many lower tier players are lately.

25. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I was thinking of how he did pre sounders. His Millionarios team is a mess....the tteam wasn't formed well or so says some colombian posters.

Pre Sounders, he was leading goal scorer in Colombia in the 2 seasons before he came to USA.