Sporting CP 2013/14 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by natenate101, May 30, 2013.

1. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Balde will follow his clients instructions, Zahavi wouldn't. Zahavi was telling Bruma to "go to war" over wages and angle for a move away for a bigger commission for himself. At least Balde will actually negotiate, not hold Sporting hostage.

2. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Don't know about that, Catio Balde was responsible for taking a few of our prospects to benfica last year.

3. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    It's
    Going to be hard to get any real money for our players

Years of incompetence and selling ourselves short
    Has turned sporting into being seen as a cheap bargain bin place for
    Anyone to buy players ...

Unless we sell someone soon I'm starting to think we may not get any one coming in

4. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I'm not so sure about that. Most of Baldé's players come to Sporting, and even the ones that end up at other teams usually try it first with us. Like those two or Rudinilson. I suppose we released them and then they went to Benfica to try their luck there.

But yes, Catió Baldé is a douche. Not as douche as Pini Zahavi though.

5. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It does seem like we won't be moving on anyone until we clear the wage bill of the higher salaries. Slow times on the transfer front so far.

6. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Fair enough, I heard he was responsible for Batis Cande and that other guy leaving last year tho.

7. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    We only own 70% of RP? FML.

Seejdou King headed to Sporting permanently. I had heard he was with B squad effective January on loan, but I never followed up.

If Ilori and Rojo are gone, together with Bouhlarouz, we are screwed. Wonder if we're playing 3 at the back. Rojo, interestingly enough wants to play at Catania, not Inter. Reasons are apparent, playing time, quiet town and lots of argies.

Still nothing on a new striker. That Mocambiquan scoring champ will flop hard. Frederic Mendy was scoring champ in Singapore, he signed with Estoril and never got on the pitch.

Not sure about the rest of you, but I've had a hard-on for Salim Cisse...12 games 5 goals....6'1....nice header with some finesse. Always seems to be in the right spot based on Arezzo videos. Obviously better marking in our league, but heck, Falcao had the crap marked out of him and still shredded.

Speaking of which, anyone see Falcao right behind Ray Allen in game 6 of the NBA Finals? Dude is such a baller. I know he's an ex-Portista, but my front three on my dream team would be Ronaldo-Falcao-El Shaarawy

8. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    For someone who likes to party deep into the night and finish it leaving tire marks from his 360 spins on the asphalt in front of the club, that doesn't sound anything like him.

SCP21 and natenate101 repped this.
  9. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    I think the quote was "less temptation in Catania". Personally I follow the guy on IG and all I see are shots of him with his wife and daughter, zero ballin' shots. But if that's what he does, then he obviously wants to be the "man" in Catania. Unfortunately I think Alejandro Gomez has that locked up.

10. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seejou King backing up Jefferson at LB then?
    I'd like to hold onto Rojo but if we can make some a profit off of him, do it. He isn't irreplaceable.
    Haven't heard much about Nuno Reis, and whether he'll be back in preseason or not.

11. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Has King actually been confirmed?
    Good player, I hope he stays. Played well in on the B team.

12. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Today after the futsal final Bruno de Carvalho and Augusto Inácio gave some interesting informations to the fans there. AI said that the newspapers were getting all players wrong, and BdC said that they only got 1% of them right. After what Pizzi wrote on his instagram, and considering that he has been spending a lot of time in Lisbon lately, I'm pretty sure he's the 1% they got right. They also implied that there are some done deals (AI even said that we've got 4 new players), which leads me to think that the only reason why they've been anounced yet is because the debt restructuring will only be aproved next weekend.

13. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    João Gonçalves after another season plagued by injuries where he only managed to play three games for Vitória de Guimarães before having to undergo surgery again, put an end to his career as a footballer at the age of 25.
    João has been at Sporting since he was 8, he played four seasons on loan at Olhanense, one at Olivais e Moscavide and another at Vitória de Guimarães, having made a total of 118 games for them and scored 8 goals. He even briefly managed to become Olhanense's captain before getting injured again.
    Sporting has already invited him to become assistant manager on our u16 team. João has spent some time in the past acting unofficially as an assistant manager for some of the youth teams while recovering from injuries at the Academy.

natenate101, Guarda-Redes and SCP21 repped this.
  14. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    RIP Joao's career. We just got thinner at RB.

Hopefully he'll make an excellent manager. I wish nothing but the best for that guy.

15. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Maurice - CB - Sporting Recife - Rumored 5 year contract. I remember him from FM, not much else.

Miguel Lopes to Lyon? But not for 1.5 million.

Gelson Fernandes already training with Freiburg pending transfer.

Renato Neto on loan to Cercle Brugge. (Didn't their club just say our relationship with them is non-exisitant???)

And my "oh shit, smile of the day" special. Apparently meeting with or interested in Academica's Salim Cisse. :cool:

16. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Motherf*cker! How is it F*cking possible?!!

When you think that Godinho Lopes can't disappoint you anymore you dig a little more and you find a new low. Bruno de Carvalho was interviewed by Record today and told us a few more informations about the Izmailov-Miguel Lopes trade. It was something like this:

We sent Izmailov, a 30 year old player, to Porto and we might receive 50% of a future sale. I'm not really sure about it but it doesn't matter because he's old and he'll never be sold.
    In exchange we get one of their players on loan, namely Ventura, and we also receive Miguel Lopes, who was free to sign with us in January because his contract with Porto ended this month. Miguel Lopes as a salary of €80.000/month and wins €10.000 for every game he wins. And now here is the nasty bit, if we sell Miguel Lopes we'll have to pay €5M to Porto and it doesn't matter the value of the sale. So we're basically stuck with him until his contract runs out, that is, until June 2018...

[​IMG]

17. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good lord, what a terrible deal. I guess we could just loan him out until 2018 if need be? Or maybe we could trade him straight up for a player and bypass a transfer fee?

18. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I don't know if a trade would work, we might have to pay them the €5M all the same. Loaning him out until 2018 seems like our only option, we'll just have to find every year someone interested in a loan without an option to buy and willing to pay that salary to him.

19. Força_Portugal

Jun 10, 2009
    Tri-State Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Fredy Montero on his way to Sporting? I wouldn't mind this.

Guarda-Redes and joaommx repped this.
  20. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    wow that has gotta be the worst deal ever.
    Another thing is that Rio Ave is owed 10% of a future sale. Which wouldve expired when his contract expired with Porto, but we prolonged it so the future sale clause is still there.
    We didn't even need a rb..

21. Inkie

Inkie Member

May 17, 2013
    Paio Pires
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    RTP said it is a matter of hours, but he was also associated with Benfica yesterday, couls be just his agent advertising the player. Would like to see him here though. And looks like Maurício will be our 2nd signing, some places already mark it as official. Uknown player from the 2nd brazilian league, hope he has quality but i'm not very excited about this. As for Gelson and Lopes, please leave, i'll take them to the airport for free if I have to!

22. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    President of Recife has confirmed Mauricio. Odd signing to say the least, spend most of his career in the second league. Brazil doesn't generally produce very good cb's, so you'd think if he was half decent he'd be at least playing in the first division.
    I guess either Nuno Reis, Ilori or Rojo are on their way out.

23. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2nd division CB in Brazil? Agree, very odd. Better be coming cheap.
    Montero seems similar to Viola, does he not?

24. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Yes a lot. He's like how Viola would be if he was any good.

25. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I've never seen him play but we have Dier, Ilori, Rojo and Reis for the first team and Tobias, Juary and Semedo for the B team. Why do we need him?