Sporting CP 2013/14 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by natenate101, May 30, 2013.

1. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    lol he hasn't left yet

2. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    I know. But still. That's a hat tip if anything.

Can't believe we're THAT broke. Also can't believe Assaidi is affordable either.

3. vaiamerda

vaiamerda Member+

Feb 27, 2011

Wait until the 21st of June, if I remember correctly, when the audit is completed regarding SCP's finances. Then Bruno will have a clear picture regarding SCP's finances and the mess that's been left.

To put things into perspective, SCP went to Brazil a week or two ago to play an exhibition game to open a new stadium. They traveled on a regular flight in coach to same money. Things must be really bad.

4. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    They're having pre-season in Alliston, Ontario. Even that made me laugh. Alliston, Ontario is like a town built around a Honda Factory. It's no resort heaven. Yeah things are bad.

Oh Pedro Baltazar is apparently suing us now for money we owe him too.

Seriously where's that investor that BdC had 3 years ago. I guess no longer interested?

That QFIL thing was a last ditch effort to avoid the inevitable. We're now at the inevitable and that means a salary cap of 1 million. That's 1/2 of what Labyad makes. I'm no expert, but you won't get many players for 1 million in wages. Even a fairly unknown throughout the rest of Europe Canadian RB/DM named Atiba Hutchinson commands a 2 million euro salary.

Apparently A. Madrid want rid of Pizzi. I'm surprised they haven't shopped him to Benfica. And while we're on the topic, why don't we have "friends" in other leagues the way that FC Porto and Benfica do? I guess you need to have money to make friends.

Rui Patricio's price is 10 million. Friggin' bargain compared to other GK's like De Gea.

I hate Pini Zahavi. Ilori and Bruma look closer to leaving.

Cedric is still wanted in Bundesliga (a loss of him and Lopes will make us RB-poor.)

Just read Miguel Lopes makes 1 million, so I agree with SCP21 how the hell did Labyad get 2 million in wages?

5. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    There's still no date for the audit, although according to people close to the process their trying to get it done by the end of the year. Regardless BdC already as a clear picture of how our finances are, the audit will only tell him who got us here and how.

6. vaiamerda

vaiamerda Member+

Feb 27, 2011
    That's what my Sportingista buddy told me?

7. vaiamerda

vaiamerda Member+

Feb 27, 2011
    Nothing wrong with http://www.nottawasagaresort.com/index.htm
    Quite a nice resort. I've been there a few times for conferences and weddings. Very nice resort.
    Actually, I live not too far and I might just head over and have a conversation with Patricio on how he would look really good in a blue and white shirt.

But seriously, Bruna needs a big injection of capital from some investor, without it Sportinhistas are going to lose patience and turf him out. How do you remain competitive on a shoestring budget? You might be able to do it for a year or two but not long term.

8. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    On the 21st there will be a general assembly to approve Sporting's debt restructuring. The audit's results aren't going to be released then, at best they will be released only by the end of the year.

9. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Highly doubt Sportinguista are gonna get rid of BdC. We all understand the financial situation and we all understand that BdC is the only president we've had who understands the financial situation. No one is expecting us to be competitive for the next few years. The main goal is just to get back to Europe next year.

10. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Honestly think Jardim is the right coach to bring Sporting back to top flight. Has he requesedt for any players yet?

11. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Not publicly, and I doubt we would know if he had. Both LJ and BdC are very low profile when it comes to business.

12. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glad to hear that.

13. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Nice resort, perhaps. But it's no 5 star european resort that they've been accustomed to.

I'll also be stopping by. Very interested in seeing the exhibition games schedule for while they are here. 3 games if I'm not mistaken.

14. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    It's still a lot better than going again to southern Spain in August. 35ºC is kinda high to train if you ask me.

15. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Pizzi is wanted by sporting
    We can't afford him so it would be a loan deal if it happens

16. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd take that, kid can play.

17. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Always thought we lacked a winger who could score goals . Pizzi can

When u play 4-3-3 I find u need at least one winger who can score goals
    Capel is like a traditional winger And the rest aret reliable either because of youth or injuries (ie Jeffren)

18. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agree, we were SORELY missing another goalscoring threat from mid/wings, especially after losing Matias and Carrillo taking a few steps back.

19. CDPontaDelgada

CDPontaDelgada Member+

CD Santa Clara
    Aug 15, 2012
    Ponta Delgada PT
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    i dont know who is more drunk me or sportings management

20. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Looks like Pizzi might really be coming.

A few days ago a portuguese tv host, who's a fan of Sporting and afaik didn't personally know Pizzi, went to him on instagram and told him that he should come to Sporting. Pizzi answered that that wouldn't be a bad idea.
    Today that tv host asked kinda cryptically "Is it done?" and Pizzi answered "Almost".

21. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    that would be a brilliant move, and proof that Jardim at least knows what kind of players we need.. we lacked goal scoring from the wings last season.

I think Pizzi may be a Sporting fan also? not that it is important...

also joaommx, I read a lot of stuff that Patricio will be sold 100% this summer. Any news which club will grab him? I really hope whichever club he goes to he can play and be their number one because Portugal will need him for the World cup matches. Id like to see RP go to Arsenal if the rumours are true, I heard they are investing big this summer from a Liverpool supporting friend of mine.

I like Patricio, but even if he leaves we should get a fair share of money
    and also Marcelo Boeck is a excellent keeper in his own right. in some areas of the game he is arguably even better then Patricio is, so I think Sporting wont suffer as much as some rival fans would think.

natenate101 repped this.
  22. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I heard some rumours too but I can't say for sure.

Every summer there are dozens of rumours about Rui's next team. I don't keep record any longer.
    And I agree, I'm a huge fan of his, but we need to cash on him and start Marcelo.

natenate101 repped this.
  23. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agree, seems time for RP to try a new league and grow. Glad we have a solid backup in the wings.

24. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I hope Rui goes to a club where he can win trophies. Arsenal isn't that club. Rui deserves to win something.
    I also hope we put in a clause similar to the one Insua has.

Gotta love Marcelo too

Incredible!

25. portugal#1

portugal#1 Member

Mar 10, 2007
    schaars seems to want to leave Sporting at least from what I read in the Abola article. What kind of profit is good profit from a guy like him?