Sporting CP 2012/13 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by vilafria, May 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Speaking of my source Freitas is trying to send Aguiar to Eredivisie as part exchange for a player.

And it has been an SAD directive (since he arrived at least) to not do business with rivals. Originally he had referenced Domingos son at Porto, but found it was not possible.

2. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Do you know who the player is? I'd definitely like to get rid of Aguiar.
    I was hoping Goncalo would follow Domingos, he's a decent player.

3. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I think theres a higher chance of Izzy or Mati being sold than Elias. No one is gonna give even half of what we paid for Elias and I don't think Sporting wants to be involved in another embarrassing transfer saga.
    I can't see Sa Pinto putting Carrico as a CB again after never playing him as one last year. I think he'll be Rinaudo's sub. Gelson won 't get off the bench imo.
    Wilson kinda makes sense cause half our squad will be injured for a large portion of the season lol so were gonna need a deep bench.
    I think we need to get rid of Gooch. I know we won't, but he's really not good enough to justify his high salary. And theres no need for 2 players with the same style. Xandao is younger, cheaper and better.

4. portugal#1

portugal#1 Member

Mar 10, 2007
    I thought when healthy, Gooch was playing really well. The when healthy part is the problem, how high is his salary?

5. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Never heard anything about a big salary for Gooch. But I do know that Ribas and Elias are payed regally.

6. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Ribas loan is up, correct? Elias is a white elephant, I agree.

Xandao is on loan. So why get rid of Gooch until Xandao is permanent. Furthermore we are very thin at CB...Carrico is a question mark, Rodriguez injury prone and Polga is going to Brasil or retiring. I count Xandao and Gooch as the only players on the roster capable of starting.

7. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    "There is much business to be done in Holland with Aguiar, his qualities fit the Eredivisie attacking-mindset very well, is there a deal to be done for part-exchange, I cannot say. Holland is a market unlike Argentina, qualities of players are evident and less chance of failure as can be seen with rivals projects. Shame that only attackers are to be had, best defenders are few and bound for extravagant fees or prove to be incapable when facing world class talent. I have trips to Holland, Peru and Argentina for my references." - Freitas

Marco Rojos a CB of Spartak and target of Benfica is on our radar. But we can't pay him the salary he'd command.

Gelson Fernandes is officially ours and protected by a 25 million buy-out clause (ambitious much?)

PSV have complained to FIFA about Labyad and Sporting.

8. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Ribas still has another year on his loan.
    Xandao and Gooch would be a disastrous partnership though, both are stupidly slow. CB is the position we need to have the biggest signing in imo. I'd honestly like to see 2 signings there.
    Anyone got a vid of Gelson being presented?

Thanks for the daily news btw Guarda, keep it up. Got a link for that Freitas quote btw?

9. Rodrigoal

Rodrigoal Member

Feb 10, 2012
    California
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Here's a vid of him being presented. http://www.tvi24.iol.pt/videos/video/13659718/1

vilafria repped this.
  10. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    I totally agree as a partnership they'd be disasterous...two stoppers, bad bad bad. We need two ball-playing CB's. Gouweleeuw is a good choice for both development, future value and technical purposes, he can defend and play the ball very well and Marco Rojos would be another option, he can play LB and CB, which really translates into attacking/defending capabilities. We are in a dog fight with Benfica for Rojos. We offered 2.5, they offered 3, we upped ours to 3.5. Spartak wants 4 million upfront, no payments. I think there is a deal to be done. QFIL needs to step in and front the money for us. I want this guy and getting one over on Benfica is also fabulous.

YW. I do it because I always hate visiting forums and having to scroll back 6 pages to find what's current.

I do not have a link for the quote, it was the conversation I had with my contact based upon his conversation, translated and abridged. Take it for what it's worth. I delivered on Insua and Labyad.

You'll see it fall into place. Freitas and Duque are going to go touch base with Alianza Lima in late July, check up on our "feeder club" and see how Yordy Reynas is doing. Assuming we don't land Rojos, I expect a stop in Argentina. However moving players out of the squad, lowering the wage budget is the primary priority atm.

11. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Our friends in Espanha, Deportivo la Coruna are interested in taking Alberto Rodriguez off of our hands.

Manchester Utd are interested in Joao Moutinho, which we own 25% of. English FA forbids third party ownership, so we'd cash in. 20 million euros total fee?

Felipe Oliveira of Leiria is referenced. 18 year old left-footed LM. Ocean and Dominguez brought him to our attention, and negotiations are on going. He made 4 appearances last year for Leiria.

Wilson Eduardo will join us for the pre-season.

And those pests at PSV keep pestering us for money for Labyad.

12. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Let's hope Eduardo impresses. been waiting for this kid to break the team.

13. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Breaking News

Guillermo Jiménez has 18 years, CB - Cruz Azul since he was 15 years old.

Guillermo Jiménez, Mexican central only 18 years, is on the way of Sporting. At the end of the contract with Cruz Azul, the player account do the pre-season with the first team, then decide where to play.

«I see this with much joy. Is a strong commitment. Thanks to my manager was the transfer to Sporting. I'm very happy. I'll do the pre-season with the first team and will fight for a place ', said ' Memo ', as it is also known, in an interview to «Diario Récord», of Mexico.

«Will travel to Portugal. Will make the pre-season with the first team, and then come to an agreement. We will see if it is in the first team or reserve team», explained businessman Jesús Santamarina, which also revealed that Jiménez was referenced by a ' Scout ' Sporting two years ago.

"Memo" is distinguished by his technical quality and speed, according to the Mexican newspaper writes. A year ago will have been in the sights of Fulham, but eventually. He was promoted to the first team of Cruz Azul, but did not play. At the end of the contract, decided to head to Europe. Sporting is seen as a springboard to other Championships: ' I am an adventurer, who seeks to be the first in everything. My goal is to play in the first team of Sporting. If you can, then I want to make the leap to a Spanish or English.

14. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Ex-Sportinguista Miguel Veloso has had his transfer to Dinamo Kiev confirmed by Kiev.

:thumbsdown:

15. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
  16. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    could potentially be a smart move. They love the guy in India and theres a ******** load of people in India. He won't see a second of pt but he'll sell jerseys and other shit.

"Este é um dia histórico, o Sporting Clube de Portugal acaba de lançar a sua marca no mercado Indiano.

Demos início a um conjunto de parcerias, ligadas na sua essência, à formação.

O Sporting Clube de Portugal é uma marca amplamente reconhecida, certificada e com uma vasta história de sucesso na área da formação, como ainda recentemente se constatou no Euro’2012 e foi amplamente divulgado pela imprensa internacional.

Chegámos ao futebol Indiano, visando o seu desenvolvimento, num mercado estimado pela FIFA, em mais de 20 milhões de praticantes, sendo neste contexto, Sunil Chhetri, capitão da selecção Indiana de Futebol, um ídolo naquele país, que simbolizará os sonhos de todos os jovens que ambicionam jogar na Europa e que irá integrar o plantel da equipa “B”.

Com a nossa experiência na detecção e desenvolvimento de futebolistas de topo, estamos prontos para em conjunto com os parceiros locais, encontrar as melhores soluções para acelerar o desenvolvimento do futebol na Índia e encontrar valores jovens que poderão vir a integrar outras etapas da formação.

A demonstração da qualidade dos nossos serviços indexará positivamente o nosso valor comercial, num mercado que é hoje, um dos mais emergentes no mundo.

Lisboa, 4 de Julho 2012
    Sporting Clube de Portugal"

Pretty funny really, no one couldve predicted this. He's going to the B team btw.

17. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Felipe Oliveira - yes please. Hopefully moutinho gets transferred as well.
    Shame about Veloso, wouldve loved to have him back here.

18. Wopchop87

Wopchop87 New Member

Feb 2, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Whoever mentioned earlier that we were trying to sign Filipe Oliveira from Uniao de Leiria was right. Apparently, we have put in a concrete offer for him. He's 18, made 4 appearances for Leiria's first team last year. I believe I read he's a winger. If signed, he's be a nice fit for the Sporting B team. (I'd like to add, I hope fifa 13 adds portugues segunda divisao, I'd love to play with Sporting's B team).

Article Link: http://www.record.xl.pt/Futebol/Nacional/1a_liga/Sporting/interior.aspx?content_id=765945

19. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Finally a good news day eh, Carrico and Adrien staying

Guarda-Redes repped this.
  20. Wopchop87

Wopchop87 New Member

Feb 2, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
  21. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dont see how that loan deal would help us at all. Carrillo should be getting as many minutes as possible, and we have Labyad, and Jeffren who need time too. Capel is the undisputed starter on the opposite side for now. If it was a purchase with buyback like Jeffren, it would make more sense for us.

22. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    I think you're confusing Jonathan with Gio. Jonathan is a box-to-box central midfielder/defensive midfielder, he'd be competing with Neto for playing minutes.

Our wing players on the roster are complete as you pointed out: Capel on the left, Labyad, Carrillo and Jeffren on the right.

23. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've only seen him play wide and at RB for Barca, havent watched the B team so I don't know where he would prefer to play. If he is a CM, it makes even LESS sense so I stand by my original opinion. Haha.

RB is the big question mark for me, along with CB.
    At LB we have Insua and Evaldo if he doesn't leave and Turan if he does. Turan to B team if Evaldo isn't sold.
    DMs we have Rinaudo and Gelson, maybe Carrico if we pick up more CBs. CM we have Schaars, Elias, Neto, Adrien, Martins. AM we have Mati, Izmailov, Martins and even Adrien ( I think it would be his best position actually).

24. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Jonathan dos Santos on loan sounds like bs to me.

25. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal