Sporting CP 2012/13 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by vilafria, May 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PortoDragons

PortoDragons Member

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    FC Porto
    4 Million for Matias Fernandez?!? I think that guy is awesome, worth more than that. Owning 50% of RVW does suck. I think Izmailov is a pretty good player, no way you guys can lose him & Matias.

Patricio has had a very odd tournament though. Literally has not made a single BIG save. I wouldn't be surprised if he stays at Sporting. But he was young, and the #1 goalie for a final 4 Euro team. Someone may be eager to purchase him now.

2. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Slow news day.

Anderson of Man Utd is available for loan. Benfica, Sporting and Porto are all interested. Chances are he ends up at Benfica because we couldn't possibly pay his wages.

Gelson Fernandes agent is in Etienne to negotiate his termination.

Finally, a buddy of mine is in the Republica Dominicana (Dominican Republic) and he played volleyball with/chilled with/ate dinner with....Ricky van Wolfswinkel, who is also there on vacation. Lucky s.o.b..

3. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Btw, RvW also spent some time here in Lisbon while already on vacation. I guess he really likes the city, he had also spent Christmas in here, instead of returning to the cold and snowy Netherlands.

Guarda-Redes repped this.
  4. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    After buying J.P. from us Valencia has turned up at our door step to negotiate for Insua, to replace the outgoing Jordi Alba (Barcelona for 15 million). We hold 50% of Insua's rights. I hope we don't sell.

Gelson Fernandes is allegedly available for free after his agent met with St. Etienne. The conversation was "3 seasons, 3 loans, unacceptable, terminate the contract".

Everyone's favorite Uruguayan Luis Aguiar is on his way back to us. Penarol have no interest in loaning/buying him.

More Izmailov to Dinamo Moscow rumors. Remember Moscow, contract til 2015 and 30 million buy-out. I believe we own 100% of him too.

CFR Cluj wants Adrien. How the heck do we not have room in our squad for this guy???

Leandro Grimi is on his way back to us after Genk failed to exercise their option to buy him.

-----------------------

Rant:

We have almost an entire squad out on loan after what seems like 4 years of incredibly stupid transfer business, yet, we are interested in selling our top players? How does this even make sense? FSP, Celsinho, Grimi, Aguiar, Celsinho, Bojinov, Valdes. Let's assume we could sell all of these players for an average of 1 million euros each (some much more, some much less, but for the sake of argument, 1 million, that's 7 million euros!!! But no, we'd rather negotiate the best players out of our club? While these unwanted players return? Come on Sporting, we're better than that.

5. Davido40SCP

Davido40SCP Member

Jul 3, 2010
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    sportings transfer policies/logic/results are quite comical. welcome to mediocrity boys, better get used to not being considered a good team anymore. i was lost when they sold JP and especially now since theyre contemplating not having adrien on their team. its annoying going onto abola every day and reading us selling our best players and looking at has-beens. that would be okay if we were giving our younger players a chance but not even thats happening (ie not taking back adrien and letting half of our youth players go). all that were left with is a pool of mediocrity and shit. players used to want to play for sporting. now, because of this mediocrity, we are left to discuss how certain players will spend time off in lisbon because we are upbeat about the fact that a decent player with some value has modest interest in playing for our team, even though we know what his ultimate intentions are. i hope some oil company owner buys our team, that would be fantastic.

6. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Izmailov's number is 5 million euros.

Besiktas wants Atila Turan on loan. They want to off load Simao, Almeida and Quaresma, because they cannot afford their wages with the UEFA sanctions this season. I don't know what their wages are...but I'd certainly consider Almeida as a #2 striker to RvW (on loan of course). Simao I haven't seen play in ages, but our midfield is already full. Quaresma same thing, but we also have Capel, Jeffren, Zakaria and Carrillo, so I wouldn't stifle their development to bring him back home on loan.

Godinho Lopes says our signings will be "surgical" and has no comment on Gelson Fernandes, which really means his agent is meeting with Freitas/Duque as I type.

7. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Some b.s. about a Adrien for Miguel Lopes swap. Why we'd do business with Porto is beyond me. We really need a RB that bad (hello Joao Goncalves, Cedric Soares and Santiago Arias)

Dinamo Moscow interested in Izmailov (did I say this already)

New rule for the 12/13 season and beyond: "no club may lend a player to another club playing in the same division". They just made Liga Orangina more competitive with that single rule, now clubs can either loan players out to foreign clubs (i.e. Cercle Brugge for us) or send players not good enough for the first team to Liga Orangina. I have to admit at first I was skeptical about this rule, as we had been sending players out to Liga Sagres clubs, but I like it now, because they'll learn to play as a team with tactics similar to the ones we'll employ in our first team. Very very good rule.

8. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The loan rule change will hurt us I think. Less players will look favoribly on a loan to the second division. Then, when they are in another country, the style of play changes and it's harder to gauge how much playing time they will get. Plus, the oversight of their progress would be more difficult logistically. I dont like it.

I cannot fathom Adrien not staying with the team after his season at Academica. Real head scratcher.

Not feeling very positive right now about next season or the near future, hopefully some good things start to happen soon.

9. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Got to say not a big fan of this new rule. All three teams did this on a consistent basis and it helped players development.

How many other countries have this stupid rule in place. I can't imagine too many of the top leagues too off the top of my head. I give the rule 2 or 3 years max before its reversed.

10. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    It might hurt us for signing foreign players (i.e. Atila Turan-types), but for youth academy players it's tough luck for them. They should see it as a positive, they're now guaranteed some sort of development towards the first team in the system they grew up in, rather than playing in another league or for another club in our league with a different system.

The very idea of him not wearing a Sporting camisola next year is ridiculous. The whole reason why we were loaning him out was because Miguel and Moutinho were occupying the midfield.

Don't lose faith just yet. Here are some positives: 1. first year of the team being together has been completed, they now know each other and there is no excuses 2. we had a marvelous and magical run to the europa league semi's and the team is intact save for the loss of J.P., who was arguably a liability at times during that run 3. we probably have the best coach we've had since Bento, the players and the coach are on the same page, and the coach wants to be at the club.

Further sales aside, we're in a great position to improve on our finish this year and tbh, it's not like Porto or Benfica have gotten a whole lot better (it's not like Luuk de Jong has signed for Benfica, or Jackson Martinez is going to make Porto even better).

Don't lose faith.

11. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I seriously don't get it. It seems like our team is getting worse which doesn't make sense because we were awful last year.
    If we trade Adrien for Miguel Lopes I will ********ing flip. GL promised he would never do business with Porto, he better hold to that promise.
    This Gelson is starting to feel like a replacement for Adrien..

12. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Gelson Fernandes will arrive this weekend for a medical and sign for 4 seasons. What are the odds we loan him out after the first season?

Apparently Leonardo Jardim is the new manager at Olympiacos and he wants to bring a swath of ex-Braga players with him, Luis Aguiar included....if only the Greek economy wasn't in the toilet and Olympiacos could actually afford to pay for him outright, not loan him. :(

13. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    What's the deal with Labyad? I'm hearing that he is staying with PSV,

14. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Where are you hearing that? Labyad has even bought an apartment in Lisbon.

15. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    IN: http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/sel...&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=diario_sport

I don't know if you can read spanish (if you can't GoogleTranslate it) but if the last paragraph is true this might just be the "acquisition" of the off season for us.

16. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  17. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    That just says they expect him to appear for training. It's the same bullshit posturing they've been pulling all along. The minute he shows up they'll feel vindicated and attempt to use it as an acknowledgment that he feels he is still legally contracted to the club. When he doesn't show up PSV will "suspend" him (not that it matters to him) and when he shows up in Lisbon after the Olympics they'll file a UEFA grievance that will probably end up in the Court for Arbitration of Sport, just do to the legal nature of the issue, namely this contract and clause they feel is enforceable (which isn't according to UEFA rules).

Worst case scenario, it drags on and he can only train with us until October when CAS will force PSV to send his playing book to us.

The kids ours, his father says, it his agent says it, our club says it and the kid wants to be here.

18. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    It's not PSV who has to send his playing book, it's either the Eredivisie or the dutch association of football players, I can't remember. Either way, they have already sent it to us.

Guarda-Redes repped this.
  19. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Even better, that means they're remaining neutral in this dispute and allowing the player to continue his career.

20. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Godinho says we won't be doing business with Porto regarding Adrien. Looks like he'll report to Alcochete this week and we'll see what happens from there. Lopes didn't address hi, specifically, but said something about the young players who desire to represent Sporting should do so.

21. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  22. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ^ that's a good sign! Haha.

Joao, what do you think will happen with Adrien, and any word about possible returns for loanees such as Wilson, Reis. Etc..

23. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Some weeks ago the sport newspapers here were reporting that Wilson is returning, although I can't really fit him in the squad... We are looking for a CB (I put my chips on Gouweleeuw), a defensive mid (Gelson arrives tonight) and a forward. I'm counting four forwards with Wilson, that's a bit to much, unless one or two of them also start for the B team.
    Cercle fans said that Nuno Reis is returning, and the same goes for him, I'm counting Xandão, Gooch, Carriço, Reis and the new guy. To many again.

I wouldn't be surprised if we sold Elias, so that would leave us with this midfielders:
    DM: Fito Rinaudo, Gelson Fernandes
    CM: Stijn Schaars, Adrien Silva, (André Martins)
    AM: Matías Fernández, André Martins, (Izmailov, Labyad)
    That's looks fine, but I'm already counting with a new loan for Neto, Elias sale, and having Izmailov and Labyad play primarly as wingers.

24. Força_Portugal

Jun 10, 2009
    Tri-State Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Gelson to be presented tomorrow, as for Gouweleeuw, 4M-5M and he's ours, problem is we dont have any money.

25. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    The same source who mentioned Insua and Labyad to me, also mentioned Gouweleeuw. So I'd agree with you. I think we want him.

As for the price, 4-5 million he's ours, no we don't have 4-5 million, but I'm sure we can come up with 2 million and QFIL will give us the rest for 50% of his pass.