Sporting CP 2012/13 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by vilafria, May 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    out of 67. How convenient for you to leave that out.

2. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Who cares?!

He ain't coming!

3. portugal#1

portugal#1 Member

Mar 10, 2007
  4. portugal#1

portugal#1 Member

Mar 10, 2007
    and your argument was that just because RC doesn't start doesn't mean he isnt world class and then stated 2 players who play completely different positions to make your point. Without mentioning that towards the end of the campaign Coentrao started seeing more of the field and Carvalho was stuck on the bench since the 1st half of the season. I suppose nitpicking is your forte.

5. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Weird how its only out of 33 when as I said last page there were 38 games in the league alone...
    I don't personally understand how position is relevant in this argument, but ok.. Actually if you think about it, CB is usually the position that gets the least change throughout the year, so its always gonna be hard to regain your spot once youve come back from a long injury.
    As for the bold, I'm just trying to help your grammar, not really supposed to be cute.

6. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Gelson Fernandes links heating up. He says he's interested in Sporting. He speaks Portuguese as he's really Cape Verdean. There's a rumor that he could come at zero cost, but then something else that says 500,000 to a million euros, and then yet another rumor that FSP would be key to landing him. How the heck a FSP for Gelson Fernandes swap would be allowed is beyond me. We spend some major coin on him and he never played for us, now we're just dumping him for a potentially free player?

7. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure why we even want Gelson Fernandes. Wtf?

8. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Gotta agree with that. Maybe he can be the team translator, he speaks like 6 languages lol
    If he comes it pretty much confirms Carrico is gonna be sold I think

9. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

10. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Doubt it, I don't think Sa Pinto used him at CB once, can't see him making the switch now.

11. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Old rumor, but just closing the loop on it. Sotiris Ninis, the greek futebol protege has decided to join Parma FC (of all clubs) on a free transfer.

We were linked with Ninis shortly after Freitas joined us last year. He was one of our original targets, alongside Insua and Sebastien Leto.

12. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    According to Record, Augustino Ca and Edgar Ie are being offered to Barcelona by us. Initially it was reported they were both headed to Inter for 800k euros plus incentives, each. Now it appears Barcelona is offering better compensation.

For what it's worth, it's quite clear than neither of them want to continue their senior career with Sporting and for whatever reason, both are content to literally get lost in Inter or Barcelona's massive youth/reserve system, potentially risking their senior careers before they even get started. As a matter of fact, no less than 8 Barcelona youth products left the club last year because they were not getting first team looks.

13. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Edgar Ié isn't certainly being offered to Barcelona. He'll be out of contract in a few days.

14. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    I missed them

15. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Check out Abola today...somethings going on with them...

16. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    ^What he means is Sporting is not offering Edgar, his agent is. We have no control were he goes because he's out of contract.

Guarda-Redes repped this.
  17. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
  18. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    We are being linked with Roberto Rosales, a right back from FC Twente of the Eredivisie. He's 23 yrs old and a Venezuelan. He's valued at 3.5 million euros (which confirms we were swindled for Joao Pereira if we pay 3.5 million) and FC Porto is also interested.

19. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Napoli has turned up in Italy to negotiate for Van Wolfswinkel.

I can't believe we are actually entertaining this idea...if we sold him for 16 million, we'd net 8 million so about 2.5 million profit.

Who the hell can we buy for 8 million to be our #1 striker? de Jong from Twente?!?!?! good luck.

20. PortoDragons

PortoDragons Member

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    FC Porto
    I can't see Van Wolfswinkel leaving yet. If he has another good season with Sporting, than maybe.

21. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    He lost a lot of spark by season's end. I wouldn't be too disappointed knowing of his absence in the next season

22. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ^ I don't know, he did well for his first season and with better and more consistent service he could certainly increase on his tally next season. He was up top on his own for most of the season, anyone could get frustrated. His attitude has been good, he is improving and I'd like to see him continue to grow as a player at Sporting. Now if someone comes in offering real good money, he can go but only with a decent replacement coming in.

I really am curious to see how the rumors stack up once the Euros are over. So far, nothing seems realistic and nothing has really captured my imagination. Guess that's how it goes when you are shopping on a small budget.

23. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Well, we all know the buy-out for Van Wolfswinkel is 22 million. And he is not worth that, at the moment. But even if we accepted that, we'd only make a few million on the sale. We need to extend him and make the buy-out in the 30's. Van Wolfswinkel shouldn't be looking to leave for another 2 seasons. If we can keep him until Brasil 2014 he'll likely be a NT striker, a sub, but still...only owning 50% of his pass is a big downer when it comes to really sucks. We need to get our finances in order and buy back passes of players like Van Wolfswinkel, Carrillo etc. before we sell them and get fleeced.

24. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Abola says it will be very hard for Sporting to hold on to Rui Patricio for next season, due to Portugal's success at Euro's. So I guess we can expect 20 million for him then? Apparently we're trying to give him a new 800,000 euros per season contract.

We want Gelson Fernandes for free, or at most, 1 million euros, St. Etienne won't take FSP in exchange, but they will take Adrien Silva. We'd be crazy to do this deal.

Evaldo is pointed towards Deportivo la Sporting....errr Coruna.

Renato Neto on loan to Standard Liege?

Izmailov says it's time to seriously consider leaving Sporting. Not sure about you, but I have a love-hate relationship with him.

Matias' agent is meeting with Sporting this week. Apparently we'd accept 4 million euros for him.

We can't lose Matias and Izmailov in the same off-season.

25. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    He didn't say that, that was the portuguese media misquoting him the second time in a week.

A russian speaking sportinguista at forumscp read what he said on the russian newspapers, and wrote this comment about it:

http://www.forumscp.com/index.php?topic=6839.11340#ixzz1yqDR12Rq

Guarda-Redes repped this.