Sporting CP 2011/12 Transfer Thread - The Road to Redemption

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by ---Z---, Apr 5, 2011.

1. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very strong arguement. My worry is his overall lack of involvement in the game at times. For me we may need a more versatile forward, a la Liedson in order to help create chances and space. Either that or VwW may need help up top to keep the focus off him here and there. I like the guy, but he has to improve a lot if we are to contend for the title next season. Guess we'll see if he has a price this summer.

2. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Well, there are so many options:

(1) Play with two strikers, which means switching formations, which may or may not need we do not need wingers anymore (i.e. 4-1-2-1-2, 4-3-1-2, 4-2-2-2)

(2) Get another striker and replace him entirely. This would be purely a function of finances

(3) Get a more involved midfield. Either change the midfielders, or change their roles.

Personally, I believe he can score, you'll see from a post in another thread that I think our midfield, arguably our strongest point, has been sorely lacking in the delivery department, this is further evidenced by the number of times Postiga played out wide, crossed the ball in and played so deep last year. So if it were me, I'd be wondering why the likes of Matias, Izmailov and Elias can't supply ample service to RvW. As far as I'm concerned we're getting out moneys worth from Schaars and Rinaudo.

3. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Agreed. In fact, one could argue that had it not been for Rinaudo's injury , Sporting would have followed the good run of positive results and attractive football.

4. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Freitas is in Holland and attending the Ajax-Waalwijk game tomorrow.

5. Força_Portugal

Jun 10, 2009
    Tri-State Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Not questioning your info, but Freitas was also at todays game vs. Guimaraes.

6. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    I get my info from someone in Portugal, who is a relative but also says Freitas is a neighbour of his and so....back in June/July He fed me the Insua transfer which happened in August and in November he fed me the Labyad free transfer, that blew up in the media in December/January.

If it's false it's false. I don't check these things out myself, and I figure since the chances of this guy saying Freitas was after Insua in June/July and we sign him late August would be a massive guess, I figure whatever he tells me is true now. So I dunno. I just share what information I get.

7. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    And here I thought it was someone close, furtive, and possibly illegal, someone like a call girl :)

8. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Rack City Chick?

9. portugal#1

portugal#1 Member

Mar 10, 2007
    LMAO. This made me laugh for no reason

10. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Our unfavourite Brazilian club Atletico Mineiro placed a bid of 3 million euros for Matias (ROFL @ 3 Million)...they have given up after GL told them he'd already received multiple bids for double.

Glad we dragged this out a bit.

11. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    LABYAD LABYAD LABYAD!!!!

http://rr.sapo.pt/bolabranca_detalhe.aspx?fid=45&did=57162

2-0!

Guarda-Redes predicts Insua in June 2011, Confirmed August 2011 X

Guarda-Redes predicts Labyad January 2012, Confirmed April 2012 X

If we're keeping score.... ;)

12. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Labyad just posted two pics of Lisbon on his twitter.:D
    At the moment he's at Parque das Nações, probably looking for an apartment. Most of our players live in that area, it's a good place to live and you just have to cross the Vasco da Gama bridge to get to the Academia. I've come across a few of our players in Parque das Nações, like Paíto, Douala, and most recently Izmailov on a japanese restaurant.

13. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ^nice. Now I'll allow myself to be happy. Guess he is coming after all.

So what's up folks, what are the INs and OUTs you see happening this summer?

Hugo Vieira was supposedly coming on a free from Gil Vicente but apparently that's fallen through.

Wilson wants to return, Polga likely leaving as well, Lyon reportedly interested in Andre Santos.

Lotta decisions to be made.

For me,
    IN:
    Labyad
    Adrien
    Cedric
    New CB
    Striker to challenge VvW
    Wilson or Salomao

Out:
    JP (sell)
    Polga (sell)
    Rodriguez (sell)
    Ribas is headed back to Genoa
    Rubio (loan)
    Perereinha, though he is versatile and a solid player, with Labyad and maybe Wilson coming back, plus Cedric and Arias for Rb, he is expendable.
    Santos( loan) I'd like him to stay but if isn't going to be trusted, kid has to get a chance somewhere else. I'd prefer a loan though.

14. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I would bring back both Salomao and Wilson. Get rid of Jeffren. Salomao has had a good season with Deportivo gaining promotion. He was one of the only highlights of our team last season.

Pereirinha should be our starting RB. Why would you sell him? He isn't that great as a winger, but he is a solid RB option no doubt.

15. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The upside for Cedric and Arias is better than Bruno, I agree he is a solid option but the other 2 could turn out to be fantastic players. Gotta give a shot to one of them, Cedric makes the most sense as he was a starter for Academica throughout the 2nd half of the season. If Bruno stays, loan Arias. Bruno will not get any minutes at RW/RM with Jeffren, Izmailov, Labyad vying for playing time. Not to mention if Wilson returns.

The wings will be crowded and if Martins stays to back-up Mati, where would Adrien fit? Elias, Schaars aint leaving so add in a fit Rinaudo and that midfield is looking jammed.

Potential squad:

Strikers:
    VvW
    New striker....Wilson?

Wings:
    Capel
    Jeffren
    Izmailov
    Carrillo
    Labyad (can play as an AM, which he was starting to do at PSV.
    Wilson?
    Solomao?

Mids:
    Mati
    Schaars
    Elias
    Rinaudo
    Martins
    Adrien?
    Neto?
    Carrico?

Defense:
    Gooch
    Xandao
    Polga?
    ARod?
    Carrico?
    JP?
    Cedric?
    Insua
    Evaldo
    Arias?
    Perereinha?

GK:
    RP?
    Marcelo

16. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Joao Pereira to Valencia for 5 mil?

17. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks that way. Think we could get a little more, was hoping for a Lazio or Roma to come in for him and offer closer to 10 million.

18. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    He has a buyout of 7mil. I'd take the 5, although its not much of a profit.

19. PortoDragons

PortoDragons Member

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Pereira is worth at least 7.

20. portugal#1

portugal#1 Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Starter for sporting ant NT and only worth 5? I would think Sporting could get a better deal.

21. portugal#1

portugal#1 Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Seems like Benfica stole Hugo Veira from Sporting on a 4 year deal.