Sporting C. P. X Brondby EL playoff 2nd Leg Aug. 26, 2010 [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by JuveleoRules, Aug 23, 2010.

1. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Probably trying to figure out how he got those stretchmarks in his mouth at home to SCP. :D

2. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Noone likes us , We dont care.

we are SPORTING CP

3. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    What a relief....:D

We break all the bad Karma in one shot...

Let's not get to full of ourselves because it shouldn't have come down to this BUT.......mission accomplished and last weeks game is now a thing of the past.

Hopefully we can get on a run now and really get things going...more importantly...we get to pocket some Euros for getting into the Europa League Group Stages:D We'll take anything we can get at this point.

p.s. To all the Brondby fans, thanks for being civil...oh wait...they haven't shown up in defeat...wow that's a surprise:D

4. BGADK

BGADK Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Congratulations to Sporting. Today Sporting was very good at converting its chances, while Brøndby missed theirs and Stephan Andersen didn't look good at the second goal. Brondby should have played like they did in middle of the second half, instead of trying to hold the 2-0 advantage.

5. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    against benfica i might add. 2 years in a row.

6. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Djalo scores . What is this world coming to ? :)

Great comeback

7. Força_Portugal

Jun 10, 2009
    Tri-State Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Looks like we will be placed in Pot 1 for tomorrow's draw.

8. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    That's what minnows do. I hope this proves a valuable lesson for danish fans before overrating their teams like crazy.

9. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I will say that the Danish fans on this board have been very nice and civil, which is more than I can say for myself. Some pretty cool people.

10. BGADK

BGADK Member

Jun 6, 2009
    I still think that in quality Brøndby and Sporting are equal. Had Brøndby scored on one their chances in second half, it would be us gloating now. Sporting got lucky today, thats all. But congratulations anyway;)

11. Viva Portugal

Viva Portugal Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Toronto - GTA
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    congratz to Sporting

12. Força_Portugal

Jun 10, 2009
    Tri-State Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    3-0 luck?????? Winning by 3 goals is what I call an ASS WHOOPING!!!!;)

13. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    LOL!!!!! word.

14. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Either way, we still have a lot to work on. Postiga = bench and Saleiro DESERVES to start. Where is Salomao? And we need to do something about our defense. Constantly being exposed when our wingbacks attack the flanks.

15. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Way to overurn the leg. Lagartos must be going nuts :D

16. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's the biggest issue, the defense still looked pretty shoddy in this match. If Brondby could finish it would've been curtains. Gotta rely on the fullbacks a little less, so as to not expose the CBs so much. Santos doesn't seem to have the awareness to help cover up the CBs when the FBs are further up the field. Very dangerous strategy, but I understand why it had to be employed today to overcome the first leg deficit.

17. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    2 young CBs. Takes time to mature.

18. Força_Portugal

Jun 10, 2009
    Tri-State Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    The Carrico-NAC partnership IMO is the best in recent years.

19. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    This is where some people lose all credibility. If not for a bad offside call, it would've been 0-4...that my friend is not luck.

So...what you're telling me is that Brondby was "tactically" better last week not lucky and today SCP were "lucky"

My friend, there is a huge gap in talent level between the teams. Even SCP not in their best form it should've been 0-4 in your stadium. This turns around a 0-2 away goal advantage that Brondby had. What happened to being tactically better?

20. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Very true. For today's game, seemed as though Andre Santos was more of an attacking midfielder, but obviously he had to attack to overturn the deficit. Maniche seemed to be the holding mid for long periods of time during this game. We need out wingers to position themselves more on the flanks to prevent any over-attacking by our wingbacks. I know today we needed to attack more than ever, but I've seen our wingbacks over-attack constantly during these first few games of the season, which exposes us to counter-attacks. Thats what I like about Abel, physically, he can;t attack and make it back to defend so he opts to stay behind the play, which is beneficial.

21. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    While I agree, thats still not saying much as our defense has always been kinda weak. I think Carrico and NAC have potential to be the best.

22. Força_Portugal

Jun 10, 2009
    Tri-State Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    yeah polga :eek::eek::eek:

23. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congrats on the comeback. Didn't think Sporting had it in them. Good luck in Europa!

24. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That may well be true, but they definitely looked susceptible today as Sporting could've easily given up a few goals in this one. Not saying it was all their fault, the defensive setup today allowed for a more risky approach.
    Not always gonna end this well though, so hopefully they are covered properly.

Exactly. Thought Maniche and Santos were starting to get overrun until Matias came on, that sub was just what the doctor ordered.

25. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    I think Paulo Sergio was listening to the TV commentators and agreed with them :)