Splitting the Movies, TV and Music Forum?

Discussion in 'Forum Requests and Voting' started by El Toro, Jun 12, 2005.

1. El Toro

El Toro New Member

Aug 30, 2001
    Fountain & Fairfax
    Each of these topics are way big enough to merit their own forum. Whaddya think? I mean who wants to wade through posts about Creed in search of info on the new Woody Allen movie? I think it would be for the best.

2. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
    I too think that there should be a split, with Movies and TV constituting one forum, and music in the other. I hardly ever post in the Movies and TV threads, but all the time in the music threads. Also, threads won't fall off so quickly. Currently, a thread will fall off the first page within a day or two.

3. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls

post a poll in the forum. last time i tried to do this, it wasn't pretty

4. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
    Hmmm...

5. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Even in New York nobody cares about Woody Allen anymore.

6. WarrenWallace

WarrenWallace Member

Mar 12, 1999
    Beer and Cheese
    I know that the admins want to keep people happy. I think this is the case of keeping that forum in tact. We have to remember that this is a soccer forum first and foremost. And while I like that we have a FFA forum and other sports (hell, I mod in other sports), I think that we should try to keep the adding of non-soccer forums to a minimum.

Unless the adding of new forums doesn't do any harm on the server, etc. Then I don't care. I just don't want the excuse to be after the next big crash to something about having too many forums.

7. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same here. I think while you can have a thing as too many forums, you also need to keep the number of forums in check so that nothing is diluted too much. The ratio of soccer/NSR forums also needs to be at a certain percentage.

8. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No way on the split, I'd like to see the books bit re-merged with movies, TV & music. It's people crusing in one forum to look for one thing and end up posting in some other thread too. I guarantee you I would almost never go into the TV forum, but will post about TV shows if I see them in the more "catch all" forum. There's threads on page 1 of that forum that haven't been posted in in 3 days. It's not like there's so much traffic that you can't keep up with what's going on in there. I'd hate to see more barely used forum. I'm all for merging the "books" forum back with movies, TV, music. It's all entertainment.