Spector to Hibernian

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Kool Herc, Aug 1, 2011.

1. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Dolo is first and foremost our RIGHTBACK. Just need him healthy. Chandler is 2nd but you never know if he's motivated. Evans is solid but not sold on him. Spector can provide competition but seems to always be overlooked.

2. KickballWizard

Jun 11, 2013

I'd agree that it's been a while since we've seen him play RB like he did in the 2009 Confederations Cup, but I can't imagine he's much of a downgrade from Evans or Parkhurst.

Tom Collingsworth and vponce75 repped this.
  3. bigtw64

bigtw64 Member+

Aug 16, 2003
    florida
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  4. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/artic...-spector-set-spell-sidelines-facial-fractures

Yikes! A total freak accident. It sounds extremely painful. The dude just can't catch a break. Such bad luck. I really feel for him. But I will say, he always manages to come back and always resumes his good play. That's a testament to his abilities. Here's to a speedy recovery!

5. Hararea

Hararea Member+

Jan 21, 2005
    The good thing is that this isn't like the leg injuries where one of them can lead to another, and some players never seem to fully heal.

The less good thing is that even though the initial report described Spector as "dazed," there's no mention of a possible concussion. The whole issue of brain injuries appears to be something they're still not paying much attention to over there.

m vann repped this.
  6. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True. True. It just going to suck having a liquid diet for a while if any part of the jaw was broken and it needs to be wired shut. I know from experience! :D

That is concerning, very much so. The impact of his face hitting a knee can slam that brain forward and easily cause a concussion. England, in particular, is becoming more aware of head injuries but they are still miles behind US professional leagues.

7. keller4president

Jan 5, 2006
    Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  8. Eldinter

Eldinter Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chandler is not first or second at RB, in JK's mind at the moment. If he was, he would have been in Sarajevo along with every other A/B team Euro-based guy.

He will need to have a strong start to the season if he wants to get back in the picture for the November friendly.

9. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    im starting to feel like i deserve to go in the crazy bin for wanting Lichaj and Spector ahead of broke down Cherundolo, not playing Parkhurst, and afraid of flying Chandler.

10. pbrown

pbrown Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    So it states in the interview that he recently got married any pictures of the wife. Either way congrats to him and hopefully he can start playing soon.

11. matabala

matabala Member+

Sep 25, 2002
    Would be interesting to see a career history on Spector, year and club, Nats appearances, injury history, etc. He definitely qualifies as a "journeyman" footballer.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  12. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    Can't find any pics, but did find their gift registry at Bloomingdales. Looks like they still need the $700 Al-Clad set if you're feeling generous.

http://www1.bloomingdales.com/registry/wedding/guest/?registryId=239092

13. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Began his career at 17 at Man United. Playing in the Confederations Cup. Loads of injuries caused him to miss out on WC 2006 and bad playing form caused him to miss out on starting in the 2010 WC. He was decent at West Ham but ultimately got worse over time playing RB. Mainly a utility player and transformed into a center mid-fielder right before they were relegated.

14. Bigloco

Bigloco Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, i picked up a set of t-fal at a rummage sale the other day...I really don't want the newlyweds to go without some cookware. I know what a pain it was when i got married when the little lady couldn't make a decent box of hamburger helper without a non stick pan. I think I'll send it just in case. Anyone got an address?

Tom Collingsworth and Winoman repped this.
  15. Gamecock14

Gamecock14 Member+

May 27, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    #240 Gamecock14, Aug 24, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
    In what must be the sign if the apocolypse, Both Spector and Whitbread are healthy enough to start against each other. Hopefully a blade of grass does not cause another injury for either of these players.

16. Zak1FCK

Zak1FCK Member+

Aug 23, 2005
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Collision in the tunnel?

17. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Surprisingly they both went the full 90.

18. Zak1FCK

Zak1FCK Member+

Aug 23, 2005
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Somewhere on the other side of the world a volcano exploded.

19. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Perhaps Spector has the feel of a journeyman because of his injuries and the consequent rise and fall (and rise and fall) of his fortunes for club and country. However, his employment record has been much too stable to be called a journeyman, I'd say, compared to what you see with other players in the sport.

He's played for four clubs over ten seasons. One of those seasons was nothing more than a handful of appearances for Manchester United. The next season was spent on loan with Charlton Athletic. Since then, he's spent five years at West Ham and three (counting the coming season) at Birmingham City.

His season by season record can be found on his wiki page.

His injury history....well, there are too many to remember, at least for me. Some serious, some minor -- they start to blend together.

20. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brum through on PKs to the next round

21. beamish

beamish Member+

Jul 6, 2009
  22. keller4president

Jan 5, 2006
    beamish repped this.
  23. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's just a 3-6-1 by another name. Steve Sampson lives!

24. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    Wow. This might be the first time Spector has played center back since the US got destroyed by Denmark with him there 4 years ago.