NSR: Special Memories & Special Moments...

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by Nermin Kolašinac, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Nermin Kolašinac

Jun 5, 2013
    Lahmfan's crib
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Special Memories & Special Moments...

I was thinking about this today - all the special memories & special moments...
    Tell us your story, any special memory or special moment - what do you remember the most and why?
    Post a picture of the special memory or the special moment and tell us your story. I will start since I am behind the thread...

I have a lot of special memories and special moments but this is my #1.

11/8/2007
    I was in Bosnia & Herzegovina with my family and after a good and long vacation for about one month I was about to go home again. We had a car and it took like 24 hours to get home in Denmark and on our way home we took the Munich way. Croatia, Slovenia, Austria and then the last stop Munich... I was sleeping almost the entire time and to be honest I hate driving for more than four hours and I was about 12 years old about this time... I woke up and where did I end up?

ALLIANZ ARENA!
    I had literally no idea of what was going on at this time and I was confused as ####. I literally woke up in front of Allianz Arena. Bitch, that must be a dream... I went to the stadium with my father and my mother waited in the car and took a nap. I think that my father bought me stuff for more than 300 € so at this time I was a happy little kid... I also had chance to see the stadium, everything from the dressing rooms to the press lounge. Enough... Some random dude outside the stadium asked my father about something and as you know at this time I could not speak english. I saw that he had three tickets in his hand, but for what... :unsure:

To be honest my father sucks at english - just imagine that Bosnian/English accent... Ridiculous!
    What next happend was probably the best thing ever in my life.
    I saw like 100 € coming out of my fathers pocket, got his three tickets and then back to the car...

''WTF IS GOING ON, DADDY BUYING STUFF ON THE BLACK MARKET, LOLOLO?''
    It was at this time where I realized that my dad actually bought three tickets for the match against Hansa Rostock, the premire match in that season. Luca Toni debut, can it be any better? Yep, we went back to the car and was about to hit the city to find any hotel for a day or two. The next day I woke up and I realized once again that it was match day. I could not really believe it, I always wanted to watch a game of my favorite club and since I have been fan of the age of 6 years this was the best gift ever.

Well, a wall of a post.. I have to finish I gues. A 3-0 victory against Hansa Rostock. x2 Klose and x1 Luca Toni - rest is history with this man... I could have said so many other special memories or special moments, especially the one against Getafe in the UEFA Cup - perhaps the one against Dortmund in the finale? This one was for me very special... I am sorry for no pictures from the game but my mother decided to stay at home and just wait for us so all the pictures are from the day before the match day.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Of course, a very special memory
    is going to the Allianz for the first time in Spring 2008. DFB Pokal match. Seats weren't great, but I didn't care, still had a great time.

[​IMG]

Got to see the Oliver Kahn play, which I'll never forget :) A blurry photo I took then:

[​IMG]

3. PaoloFCB

PaoloFCB Member+

Mar 22, 2011
    Roma-Italia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I've been many times in the Allianz Arena but my best moment was the 1st time I watched Bayern into the Olympiastadion, it was a match with our brothers of VFL Bochum, 2:0, Deisler+Pizza!!!!!!!!!
    Of course I've seen a Roma-Bayern in march,14, 1985 in stadio olimpico, coupe des vanquers, 2:1 for FCB, I was into the Ultras of AS Roma-it snowed lol.

4. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mine is not Bayern related unfortunately, but WC06 related.

My dream vacation all came to past in 2006 when I scored tickets to the USA-Italy game in Kaiserslautern and USA-Ghana game in Nuremburg during World Cup 2006. Being held in Germany, this was the first time I had been to der Fatherland after years of wanting to go. I supported German national team all through my developing years until finally the USA could field a proper team, and even then have always supported the national side. (My first ever jersey was a Bayern Munich long-sleeve #5 kit brought over from Germany by my father on business, so my love for Germany started at age 11-12).

The arrival into Frankfurt after the transatlantic flight was rushed along by the train to Mannheim and the connection to Landstuhl/Ramstein where our hotel was. After changing into USA gear, we jumped straight back onto the train to head to Kaiserslautern and enjoy the fanfest area. The big news upon arrival was that Ghana were beating the Czech's, so we caught some of that on the screens, before being swept away by Sam's Army marching through the streets of K-town on route to the pilgrimage up the "mountain" to the infamous Fritz Wolter Stadion. Half way up we found a perfect biergarten to refresh our weary legs and stomachs with some fine German bier and food, enjoying another match on the big screen. But the best was yet to come...

The anticipation of seeing my first professional game outside the USA was immense (I was a regular at the '94 WC), so the steep trek up the remaining several yards to the gates was electric, but it will never compare to the sounds emitting from the stadium once you got past the gates. When I describe this moment in my life, I often liken it to the moment in the film Gladiator when the gladiators are coming out onto the arena floor. The deafening roar of fans going just mental, singing up the stairway, chanting in the stands... it was hair-raising stuff.

Mind you the backstory at this point... the USA was gubbed by the Czechs and the media worldwide were blasting the fans for being uninvolved and non-passionate. The second match was against the almighty Italians and the USA had to gain some kind of points regardless. To ensure the US would have full representation at the match, the US military base was awarded hundreds of tickets to attend, and so we Americans came out in FULL force to support out team.

If you know anything about Fritz Wolter stadium, it is known for its noise capacity. It is build very steep with a full canopy and it was done so to intimidate opponents as it is a small town with a B1 team (at the time) playing against the giants of the Bundesliga. It sits on the hillside like a castle overlooking the town of Kaiserslautern and it is the pride of the city, from what I gathered.

The atmosphere was so loud and penetrating that it the Italian fans were literally turning towards the East end and snapping pictures of the red-white-and-blues. But it was the moment of utter national pride coupled with the non-stop travel all night and day that finally made me an emotional mess... the singing of our national anthem. I don't think I ever could hit those notes again, and honestly couldn't finish the song due to tears of immense pride. It was a crazy moment that I hope one day to be a part of.

Oh, yeah, the game. As many of you know, the USMNT put in the guttiest performance of the Cup arguably, drawing with Italy 1-1 playing 9 players vs 10 (Italy). McBride had a bandage around his head due to a head collision, and Beasley scored the winner only to be called for the marginal offside. It was epic to say the least.

I slept for nearly 10 hours... and off to Munich the next morning.
    This was only Day 1...

5. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Sounds cool. This is one of several stadiums in Germany that I must visit....

[​IMG]

6. Philipp Lahm

Philipp Lahm Member+

Feb 24, 2010
    Russian Federation
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This thread makes me jelaous guys. Closest i have been to Munich is a few times at FJS airport and hanging around the fan shops and drinking Paulaner, my life sucks i know.

Lahmfan repped this.
  7. Nermin Kolašinac

Jun 5, 2013
    Lahmfan's crib
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Dat' Ghetto look doe'

8. FCB02062

FCB02062 Member

Jun 20, 2007