Spain NT News and Rumours

Discussion in 'Spain: National Teams' started by SpaniardFC, Aug 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Official: Alonso, Benat, and Javi Garcia have been dropped.

2. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Seems a little weird to drop 3 central midfielders. I think he might not be sure of both Villa and Torres' form that he wants to keep Soldado around. Still that leaves only 2 'defensive' mids, seems a little short.

3. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    I actually expected this. The original list had more central midfielders than usual because of health issues surrounding Xabi and Xavi. Xabi ended up being dropped due to his health issues.

I also expected the 3 strikers because there is no guarantee that he won't start Torres and Villa in the same game, which would leave the team with no other striker on the bench or roster.

With Alonso off the roster, Xavi will be dropped back deeper to pair with Busquets. Martinez will act as the backup DM and as a 4th CB.

Something like this....

.......................................................Casillas(Valdes/Reina)

Azili(Arbeloa).......Ramos (Albiol/Martinez)......Pique (Albiol/Martinez)....Alba (Monreal)

.........................................................................Busquets(Martinez)

........................................Xavi(Cesc)

Mata(Navas)....................................Silva (Cazorla) ........................Iniesta (Pedro)

.................................................Torres/Villa/Soldado???

4. the one and only

Jul 15, 2011
    The logical thing imo will be to use the Barca midfield of Bousquets/Xavi/Iniesta (or replace Xavi with Cesc in the starting line up, which will be more logical imo).
    But Del bosque is capable of just sticking to his usual line-up and just replacing Xabi with Javi Martinez.

5. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    I will be surprised if Del Bosque deviates from his doble pivote formation. I expect both Busquets and Martinez to start.

6. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Come on people, Man Management 101...

If he was planning on starting Martinez/Busquets together from the start, he would have taken another DM as cover. Not to mention that Martinez is also acting as the 4 CB.

Instead he took an army of midgets. The obvious plan is to drop Xavi deep.

7. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    Perhaps, I'd actually prefer that as Xavi operates better that way. He is wasted when used higher up the field. Still, don't be surprised if he goes with Martinez/Busquets partnership.

8. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    I am fairly confident he only plays Xavi up there so he can play Alonso and Xavi simultaneously. It is basically the only way to play both at the same time. A Xavi-Alonso partnership in the middle of the park without Busquets would get run over by the opposition, so that was never an option.

Anyways, like I said...he took an army of midgets for a reason.

9. ripalino

ripalino Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Sao Paulo
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Brazil is a football factory. Its a tradition which is continuing . Football is a religion , a passion in Brazil...probably its difficult for you to understand. Spain has won 1 wc...Brazil has won 5 ( lets not bring copa vs euro debate here, lets talk about the wc's )....In Brazil kids grow up wanting to become footballers. Even players like neymars are there in abundance in brazil. They just need to come to the limelight. Let spain win 5 world cups and then we will do a brazil vs spain comparison.

10. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Funny thing how you simply needed to show your insecurity on the Spain forum. :D You won't see me going to the Brasil forum because I honestly couldn't give a shit what those people think. We're the world champion, you aren't. Neener neener.

11. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    What is with all of the hostile Brazilians all of a sudden. Not sure what is with their hatred and condescending attitude toward us.

12. ripalino

ripalino Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Sao Paulo
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    You have skipped the main thing : You are one time champs we r 5 times champs. Try to face the truth boy 5 > 1.........LOLZ.......As i said ,win 4 more cups ( another 13 years minimum ) and then we will sit and do a comparison. As far as wining world cups are concerned u guys are at par with france thats all ( one time champ )...You dont need to even enter brasil forum because you need to be real soccer addicts to even think about entering our forum.......You need 60 years of football tradition behind you to enter our forum..........Dont even think about doing that.

13. ripalino

ripalino Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Sao Paulo
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Moreover you are the one who is having insecurity or inferiority complex as you have even hired your name from the classic brazilian midfielder "oscar". Grow up kiddo. :ROFLMAO:

s7kru repped this.
  14. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Funny how some people can't stand the superiority of Spain by doing something no other nation has ever done, even though they have apparantly been trying for over 60 years. :D The one and only world champions: España. Don't stop feeling insecure, it makes me feel good.

15. ripalino

ripalino Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Sao Paulo
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    R u a kid? Yes, no other nation has won wc for 5 times. ur right..........We have been trying fo 60 years and so has spain tried. the end result brazil :5, spain :1

16. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    End result is we're world champion and you're a loser. Oh wait, you might be the current confed champion aren't you? Total win :D

Is that why you're here? Worried we're going to take that away as well? Lol. I guess when you're not the holding champion of a meaningfull tournament you have to start worrying about things like this.

17. ripalino

ripalino Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Sao Paulo
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    ur loser......Hiring a name from a brazilian LOLZ......5 >1........ u donno simple maths.......u have to win 4 more cups b4 u can even qualify to speak to us ........Look and admire the five stars which we have on top of our emblem .........wat u have is bull..

proud to be a selecao.

18. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Wait, let me check who the world champion is. Yep, still Spain. Which still makes you a loser. Damn I'm good at math.

19. ripalino

ripalino Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Sao Paulo
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    ur not good at maths.........ur good at stupid arguments.....we r playing football when u guys were in ur nappies................spain started winning from 2010 ( only world cups here )....we started winning from the time when spain were getting kicks on their backs from big tourneys.

20. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I'm great at math. Look:

Spain is European and World champion = 2.
    Brasil is no champion = -1000.

The proof is in the pudding, I am a smarty.

21. ripalino

ripalino Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Sao Paulo
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Going by your dumbass logic......brazil : 5 times wc champ + 8 times copa champs =13.....spain = 3.

You need to get urself admitted in kg classes and take spcl tuition for maths :laugh:

22. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I just showed my superior math from my post above to my math professor, and she gave me an A+. I guess you are just not good at anything.

23. ripalino

ripalino Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Sao Paulo
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Then ur professor is an LKG dropout im sure. :D

s7kru repped this.
  24. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    One apparantly doesn't need a degree to be able to count in how many competitions Brasil is a champion in now: 0.

25. ripalino

ripalino Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Sao Paulo
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Then u have eye sight problem.....BRAZIL HAS WON WORLD CUP 5 TIMES. If you cant see this then u need to get an eye check up too ( apart from maths tuition )