Spain NT News and Rumours

Discussion in 'Spain: National Teams' started by SpaniardFC, Aug 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    The Spanish didn't even think one of those 3 titles was possible. That I think a 3rd one is unrealistic just makes me late.

2. Kampfschwein

Kampfschwein Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The Spanish sure are milking their national team for everything it's worth.

Fans will have to pay 10 Euro to attend public training sessions.

China and South Korea as opponents in friendlies instead of stand-ins for their group opponents.

Add that to the intercontinental travel the Spanish FA put players through and whatnot...

3. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    With the EURO having kicked off, it reminds us that a spot in next year's Confederations Cup is up for grabs. :p
    And from Down Under comes this bit of news:
    In the semifinals of the OFC Cup (Oceania) New Zealand were knocked out by New Caledonia (!)
    So either Tahiti or New Caledonia will gain a nice little vacation in Brazil next year where they will be cannon fodder tourists picking up lots of autographs and opposing players' shirts.
    I'll actually be happy for them. Always nice to see a new team in amongst the big boys no matter the competition. :cool:
    The final will be played very very early Sunday morning Western Hemisphere time.

4. cfb21

cfb21 Member

Aug 28, 2011
    London
    Spain are already in the next Confederations cup as World Champions. If Spain wins the Euros, whoever they beat in the final will go to the Confederations Cup.

5. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like Del Bosque extended his contract until 2014 which isn't that surprising. I'm pretty happy as he does a great job at keeping egos in check, but I think 2014 should be his finale. A lot of our older players will probably leave after Brazil and we will have a lot of new blood in our starting roster. So it might be a good idea to bring in a new coach that can work with the new squad for multiple tournaments just like Del Bosque has been able to work with his current players for multiple cups.

Guardioloa would be my personal favorite to take over, but I'm not sure if he'd be interested.

6. cfb21

cfb21 Member

Aug 28, 2011
    London
    Poor choice to renovate Del Bosque's contract. Another two years with the double pivot and another two years of Del Bosque bringing his friends (Negredo, Arbeloa, Albiol) over players who are actually worth something (Soldado/Adrián, Iraola, Amorebieta [who is now ineligible]).

A manager who was sacked by Florentino Pérez because he would not train the team, he would only choose the line ups. This is backed up by the fact that when he became manager of Besiktas, where he demonstrated his true level of managerial skills, he nearly relegated one of the top Turkish teams. Okan Buruk said "he was a very educated man, but he would never tell us anything, he would not train us."

His tactical decisions are simply laughable, 2-0 down against USA and he doesn't even make a third substitution in a match where Llorente COULD have made all the difference. Same story against Italy, only difference was that time Spain got lucky and equalised. And let's not even talk about the whole choosing César over Casillas. In the end Real Madrid got lucky, César picked up an injury in the Champions League final, Casillas comes on and makes some world class saves as Real Madrid go on to win the tournament.

7. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    I'm a bit disappointed by his renovation as well. DB certainly has lead a charmed coaching career. I will say that he does manage egos great though. Can we get a great tactician to assist him and actually make the futbol choices?

8. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tactically I hate DB but I think for the most part this team can coach itself and still be competitive, it just needs a motivator which is what he's doing.

But his contract shouldn't be extended past 2014 unless he somehow manages to win the Euros and the 2014 WC. But even then I think it would be better for him to leave on a high note and not wait until we become like the Dutch.

9. SpaniardFC

SpaniardFC Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Vilagarcía de Arousa
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    La rojita advances to the u-19 finals with a win in penalties against france, also this documentary called match 64 by fifa is worth a watch, behind the scenes of the final documentary.

10. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Iker and Xavi have won the Principe of Asturias prize, deservedly so. LINK

whill4 repped this.
  11. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great for them. Even though I think it will be unlikely, I hope Casillas wins Ballon d'or this year as well.

I really don't think there has been a player that has had a more flawless season then him.

12. SpaniardFC

SpaniardFC Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Vilagarcía de Arousa
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Del bosque's selection for the upcoming friendly vs uruguay this up coming wednesday.

La lista es la siguiente: Valdés, Reina, Arbeloa, Piqué, Azpilicueta, Puyol, Monreal, Ramos, Jordi Alba, Xabi Alonso, Iniesta, Xavi, Busquets, Cazorla, Isco, Silva, Mata, Cesc, Negredo, Pedro y Villa.

13. .Azulgrana.

.Azulgrana. Red Card

Aug 2, 2012
    http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/news/newsid=1999621.html

del Bosque feels bad for not calling up Michu and Aspas as he said he would, but at least he was being honest about it, as he usually is. It's a shame but hopefully there'll be chances for them in the near future to get a chance.

Isco and Azpilicueta in line for their first caps, while Puyol could make his 100th in this game. Navas, Torres, Soldado, Benat, Martinez, and Albiol have all been omitted as well.

Uruguay's squad is;

Muslera, M. Silva, Lugano, M. Pereira, Godin, Caceres, Scotti, Coates, Aguirregaray, Perez, Cebolla, Gargano, A. Pereira, Arevalo, Alvaro Gonzalez, Lodeiro, Ramirez, Suarez, Cavani, Forlan, Seba, Chori Castro

14. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    Would have liked to have seen Guaita get a call up for keeper. Not a fan of Negredo but whatever, at least he didn't call up Torres. I'm happy to see Isco and Azpilicueta get a call up, would have liked Benat to be included as well.

15. .Azulgrana.

.Azulgrana. Red Card

Aug 2, 2012
    Guaita is a fantastic keeper and I am sure will one day be part of the Spanish set up, but strangely he's only started 2 Liga games this season. Don't think he was a choice right now because of that.

16. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Finally a new rightback has been called, considering what Del Bosque said about Azpilicueta's call-up it might not even be a one time deal.

17. screamingfields

Nov 30, 2012
    Valdes​
    Azpilicueta Ramos Pique Alba​
    Busquets​
    Isco Silva​
    Iniesta​
    Negredo Pedro​
    This is my XI vs Uruguay. Rest some key players, giving a try to others.​

18. .Azulgrana.

.Azulgrana. Red Card

Aug 2, 2012
    Two of the three friendly matches as part of Confed Cup preparations all but confirmed.

19. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Actually for the 7/8 June match that has not been decided and the RFEF is now looking at Northern Ireland or Wales as the team they would prefer to play per Marca as of 20 Feb, where as the As article mentioned above was from 19 Feb. The Guatemala match is still a go and more than likely Spain will use their August International Friendly calendar date to play Ecuador in Guayaquil on 14 August.

Aupa Espanha y La Furia Roja!

.Azulgrana. and SpaniardFC repped this.
  20. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    has the NYC June 7 game been made official yet? when do tickets go on Sale? what stadium is this game going to be at??

21. .Azulgrana.

.Azulgrana. Red Card

Aug 2, 2012
    Spain's squad for the 2014 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers against Finland on 22 March in Gijon (kick-off time at 20:45 CET) and France on 26 March in Paris (kick-off time at 21:00 CET).

Goalkeepers: Victor Valdes (Barcelona), Pepe Reina (Liverpool), David de Gea (Manchester United)

Defenders: Alvaro Arbeloa (Real Madrid), Cesar Azpilicueta (Chelsea), Jordi Alba (Barcelona), Nacho Monreal (Arsenal), Gerard Pique (Barcelona), Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid), Raul Albiol (Real Madrid)

Midfielders: Sergio Busquets (Barcelona), Javi Garcia (Manchester City), Xabi Alonso (Real Madrid), Xavi Hernandez (Barcelona), Santi Cazorla (Arsenal), Andres Iniesta (Barcelona), David Silva (Manchester City), Jesus Navas (Sevilla), Cesc Fabregas (Barcelona), Juan Mata (Chelsea), Isco (Malaga)

Forwards: David Villa (Barcelona), Pedro Rodriguez (Barcelona), Alvaro Negredo (Sevilla)

22. the one and only

Jul 15, 2011
    Why didn't he call Javi Martinez & Michu though???

23. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    Javi Garcia? Really? that guy isn't good enough to play for someone like the United States let alone Spain.

And he leaves Javi Martinez and Benat off...

Anyway, I can't think of any possible way Javi Garcia will get any playing time though.

.Azulgrana. repped this.
  24. DavidVilos

DavidVilos New Member

Mar 19, 2013
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    This is bugging me now, both have good season, yet overlooked(in Michu case).
    And like Juanele said it, how come Javi Garcia get a call up when he even struggling to get line yp spot in City.