"Soy muy de lavar los trapos sucios de puertas para adentro" - The Real Madrid News Thread.

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by azriel, Mar 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saint Iker

Saint Iker Ronaldo's Right Foot

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What's the general impression of his tenure this time? Are folks in Madrid generally pleased with what he's accomplished or felt that there were some things that could/should have been handled differently. I know it won't matter much if he runs unopposed but it would still be good to know.

2. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    My impression is that his approval rating would be very high (especially on the heels of reports like the on from Forbes). Even though there have been divisive issues/figures, I don't think there is a lot of finger pointing in his direction (unless you follow Calderon). The fact that he will run unopposed is probably indicative of what potential opponents think of their true chances.

I can't think of a scenario where he wouldn't win. I would like to see an opposition to push him on things like the remodeling of the stadium, our cantera strategy, the changes he made to the electoral process, etc.

3. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    All those are pretty big issues. And issues where potential candidates could have a very different strategy than his. One that might appeal to the socios. Why don't they stand a chance do you think?

4. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Even though those are big issues, I don't know that they are big enough to cost him an election. For me, the cantera is the most important of those issues (aside of course from what first team direction will be). I believe the cantera topic is one with a lot of layers - some that are more important than Castilla, but not visible or debated. Again, my opinion... no idea where the madridismo puts the cantera in the list of priorities.

The changes he made (which were approved by Socios) makes the population of candidates much smaller to begin with. If you as a viable candidate need to partner with an individual or group to put the $$, whether you like it or not, you are now running with said individual or group. Do you want to run as Candidate B, funded by Ramon Calderon?

All that aside, Florentino is generally well liked. And he is still seen as the "Florentino fichalo" deal maker (in fact, Alvaro Benito did a 'Florentino fichalo' request on Punto Pelota last night).

Minduchio repped this.
  5. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hopes Graeme Hunter drops dead.

6. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Apparently Punto Pelota outlined the plans for next season. Can anyone confirm for those who listen to the show??

Punto Pelota reveals Real Madrid's set plans for next season.

Adan, Albiol, Essien, Callejon and Carvalho will leave the team. In addition there are four transferable: Kaka, Di Maria, Higuain and Benzema.

Jesé Escalate to the first team to replace Callejon, Garay and Kondogbia at the entrance club. and Verratti, Vidal and Gundogan are favorites to replace Xabi Alonso or help him. Real Madrid wants to recover Ezequiel Garay. It would cost about 10 million and their game has grown considerably in Benfica, Kondogbia to replace Essien.

The list of transferable. In it there are four players who could leave the club if a very good deal: Kaka, Di Maria, Higuain and Benzema.

The great plan of Florentino. Three of these four players should leave if the President gets complete madness which reveal exclusively and that is to sign two world cracks: Gareth Bale and Kun Aguero. In that case should be study performance and offers by Di Maria, Higuain and Benzema. Certainly three huge players, but everything is worth to bring together most lethal Trident that is remembered: Bale, Ozil, Cristiano Ronaldo and Agüero , Here will be Quadrant horror.

sleepyvato50, Chinky24 and Madrid_1902 repped this.
  7. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The Quadrant of horror? That should be the name of the summer transfer thread.

8. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Sounds like a Star Trek episode.

Chinky24 repped this.
  9. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I don't expect Perez to go after two very expensive signings unless Mourinho is leaving (which is probable) - but winning the CL will decrease the chance of doing so.

10. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    We don't know who are coach is going to be how the hell can we determine who exactly should come?

9Qui, natenate101 and anticule repped this.
  11. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Abramovic style :D
    But one possible explanation, is that if Mou did tell the president to look for a replacement, maybe Perez already found one and he agreed on our targets. (Personally, I think Perez will not only listen to the next coach regarding this - e.g. Zizou).

12. ElButre

ElButre Member+

Feb 20, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We have such an perfectly harmonized squad that is used to playing along side each other. I just don't hope Flo goes on one of his Shopping Sprees after Mourinho and ********s shit up

13. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yeah, we don't need something similar to 09, but two super signings won't hurt the harmony.

14. ElButre

ElButre Member+

Feb 20, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Wasn't talking about the 'super signings', i'd like Kün and Bale here, BUT before they come we have to clean the squad up! So we don't have an overload of players, and so we can give the youth a chance :cool: If ya know whatamean - Kick Kaka'

15. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Don't bet your house on that....

16. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    I love how Punta Pelota has basically taken almost every transfer rumor associated with us like the past 18 months and consolidated them into a "plan" increasing their chances of being right at the end of the summer I guess :D

natenate101 repped this.
  17. ElButre

ElButre Member+

Feb 20, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Remember the 'Spanization' plan Uncle flo was thinking about which Marca 'LEAKED' lol ahah

18. -Reivax-

-Reivax- Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The lack of a Carvajal mention in there is disturbing. Doesn't sound very realistic in any case.

19. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    There is no way we won't bring Carva back.

20. -Reivax-

-Reivax- Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I hope we will. It's such a no-brainer.

21. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Del Bosquets so mad.

22. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Up until the last month or two, what harmony?

This is going to be a difficult summer for Real Madrid. It's going to be difficult to assess what we are going to do with Benzema, Higuain and Di Maria.

They've certainly played their way into danger zone of being replaced but looking at their past accomplishments it's hard not to argue against sticking with them for another season to see if they bounce back.

Having said that, I'll take Carvajal and Bale. They can do whatever the hell they want with the rest. I won't be mad at the club for whatever decision they make on transfers this coming summer. It'll be hard to blame any decision they make considering how odd this season has been.

9Qui repped this.
  23. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    He is right too. Very pseudo of me, I know.

Minduchio repped this.
  24. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    Too bad he hates Real Madrid now though.

25. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    For someone who complains about Mourinho never stopping, you seem to never stop too.

Yeah, I know pseudo blah blah.

**hint to rest the constant "pseudo" thing is a shot at one of Mourinho's rants about pseudo Madridistas**