"Soy muy de lavar los trapos sucios de puertas para adentro" - The Real Madrid News Thread.

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by azriel, Mar 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  2. anticule

anticule Member+

Feb 17, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Benz to Arsenal?

Arsenal have money?

I think deep down, Benz wants to play in the CL. HAHA

3. demo_g

demo_g Member+

Jan 13, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Alma, can you tell us more what's going on with stadium renovation? There are some reports that Real Madrid is under the investigation from EU because of the way we acquired necessary land for the expansion.

Looks like we can forget about remodeling for now. ..

4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The report comes from a British newspaper and barely has any substantial info, other than "it could be looked at...". Also, it is the same ordeal that was already looked at by an EU commission with nothing coming out of it. They claim that it will be a case for the Financial Fairplay rules. Let's just say that even the Barcelona newspapers don't find it very newsworthy. That should say everything about it.

5. Jaood

Jaood Red Card

May 4, 2012
    There are however problems with the people who live in the Bernabeu neighborhood which put the renovation on hold. Not sure if that conflict has been solved yet.

6. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    This feels like the 100th time someone is bringing up claims tied to how we acquired that land from Madrid - LOL. I'm sure it will hit a 200th time... a 300th time. Whilst we don't know how the deal really went down, we know how the deal went down. ;)

As Jaood mentioned, there are some claims related to what I believe is inherited ownership of certain parcels of land around the Bernabeu. I don't much about it and haven't seen it officially addressed. Would rather read about that instead of the usual bullsh*t from the usual suspects.

7. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    http://www.marca.com/2013/04/05/en/football/real_madrid/1365114005.html

Real Madrid has extended Marcelo's contract for a further 3 years.

Good news. very good news.

He has an important role in the dressing room and he has superb attacking skills.
    It's a bit disappointing though that we have 2 good backs. Instead of benching one of the 2, Mou should let Marcelo play on another, more attacking position.

RMCFkevin, Glide84 and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  8. Toro70

Toro70 Member+

Nov 29, 2008
    US, CT
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  9. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  10. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    According to reports, Madrid have their pre-season organised.

They start with Turkey to play Gala and then another team. Then onto Sweden to play PSG and then onto the UCLA in LA once again.

Also, Emirates are to be the new shirt sponsor next season. Between 24-26 ME per season for 4 years.

11. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    perhaps I can see them in the summer then, when they arrive in Turkey. Would be great to get some signed shirts from the players.

12. ratheesh7k

ratheesh7k Member

Feb 18, 2010
    India
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  13. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
  14. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    You're right, it could be exciting. It sucks that it will catch teams in preseasons, but it is what it is. Anxious for the announcement tomorrow.

Charlie Stillitano always seem to be in the middle of these ventures. He is pretty bad on his radio show, but he is very well connected and doing a lot to promote the game in the US.

15. ElButre

ElButre Member+

Feb 20, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    According to different newspapers, and the coach hinting it himself. Cristian Benavente from Castilla is going to make his first senior appearance for Peru against the Mexican national team on the 18th april.

[​IMG]

Don Nino El Dios repped this.
  16. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He doesn't play for Castilla I believe - Juvenil A?

17. ElButre

ElButre Member+

Feb 20, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's registred with both teams i believe, but operates mostly in Juvenil A :)

18. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I remember seeing this kid on RMTV ages ago when he was only like 13/14 with massive hair, is there any realistic chance that he will be given a shot at the first team in the near future? I myself have never seen him play a full match so wouldn't know what he's really capable of.​

19. ElButre

ElButre Member+

Feb 20, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I saw him in the Copa América sub 20 or something qualification thingy game, he was great he had some great first touches.. I think if he keeps delivering and he shows a high quality in the NT he'll get his shot with time.

Doni repped this.
  20. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't if the rumor's about Cheryshev are true. He's a good player for the Castilla and he's now getting call ups to the Russian NT but we going to send him to another club. Jesse cannot even get a call up but then he was dumb enough to publicly support his own coach who Mourinho was at war with.

21. Minduchio

Minduchio Member+

Jul 20, 2003
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    He is the true leader of Juvenil A, team that is doing very well this season. I was expecting to see him playing for Castilla ( he is registered) or at least for C team, but so far he didn't make full debut. That is strange, since other Juvenil A players, Raul De Tomas, Alvaro Medran and Adri Castellano regularly perform with C team and on few occasions with Castilla too. And we all know Jose Rodriguez who is the same age as all Juvenil A players. He is my type of player that has great vision and passing range, has good shot and scores a lot. I hope he is going to make it.

22. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    Benavente is a potential "next Oezil" very silky and composed, definitely one to keep an eye on for the future.

23. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He would be a cheaper transfer than Isco. Promoting him and Jesé for next season would be the cheapest way to get some good, new players

24. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    Maybe we should let him debut for Castilla before we think about promoting him to the first team. :rolleyes: