Sounders v. Toronto FC 3/15/14 P/I/P

Discussion in 'Seattle Sounders FC' started by edwardgr, Mar 11, 2014.

1. EvilTree

EvilTree Member+

Canadian S.C
    Canada
    Nov 20, 2007
    Frozen Swampland, Soviet Canuckistan
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    If 'douche' means violent conduct as per 2 incidents in this vid, then yes. (6 min mark)

2. guelch27

guelch27 Member

Apr 7, 2008
    Bremerton
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Way to cherry pick dude. They also say your guy should have got a red for that before it got to that point with their altercation. Your player accepted his apology for the nut shot, so get over it. Classy, not at all, but we can show a lot of evidence of dirty plays from your team during the game. Seems like a cliche of not throwing stones in a glass house type of thing.

3. scott47a

scott47a Member+

Seattle Sounders FC; Arsenal FC
    Feb 6, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nut shots are American!
    I don't think my Canadian relatives really understand.

4. EvilTree

EvilTree Member+

Canadian S.C
    Canada
    Nov 20, 2007
    Frozen Swampland, Soviet Canuckistan
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    If you read my bloody post, I specifically said Jackson could have been sent off for kicking Dempsey and Bloom could have been called for a PK.

If I kick a player and say sorry, it still does not change the fact that it's a red card offence.

I'm not here to pick a fight, but FFS. Read my post before coming out guns blazing, esp when your player is in the wrong.

The Cadaver repped this.
  5. terrier

terrier Member

May 31, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Dempsey may be disappointing, but at least he's not trolling this thread.

6. guelch27

guelch27 Member

Apr 7, 2008
    Bremerton
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry, but I didn't read your previous post because right from the beginning it seemed to just regurgitate everything that had already been discussed in the previous two and a half pages.

If you kick a player on accident in kind of a normal situation, such as Dempsey says is the case with his shot to the groin, (I know I'm not him, don't know if you are, but if not I guess we gotta take his word) you're probably not getting a red card. There's not enough evidence to the contrary that there was malicious intent. I wouldn't be surprised if the disciplinary committee considered this matter settled already between the two players.

7. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There were two different incidents with Dempsey. One was the nutshot, the other was him seeming to kick a player well after the ball was gone on a play. While the nutshot could be explained away as an accident, I'm not sure the kick could be.

EvilTree repped this.
  8. guelch27

guelch27 Member

Apr 7, 2008
    Bremerton
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But that one should have been a call on Jackson which probably would have stopped any sort of retribution. I'm not saying it's right, and personally I hate seeing him act like that. I have two young soccer players that watch the games with me and after a couple incidents with Clint now I've had to explain that they could rightly be ejected for acting like he has. I always liked Clint a lot, but I'm getting a little sick of seeing these outbursts. I'm not sure he's suited to handle the pressure on him right now.

9. Last Line of Defense

Jul 2, 2013
    Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bottom line is that Dempsey needs a way to control his emotions. He is going to be cheaply fouled all the time, so he needs to accept it and not react in a negative way.

10. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rumors on the interwebs is a 2-game suspension for Dempsey. Nothing official from the league yet.

11. scott47a

scott47a Member+

Seattle Sounders FC; Arsenal FC
    Feb 6, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is the same kind of criticism that EJ faced. Frankly I don't know why we have to have our soccer stars act like wusses and just take a beating without reacting - especially in a league where the refs do such a poor job of protecting players from the hacks. I have to say that the hacking that goes on in this league is the one thing that really makes me dislike it. I can put up with poor passing and poor first-touches as just the nature of the talent here. I can't stand the hacking and the uncalled brutality. It makes it hard to call MLS "the beautiful game."

12. guelch27

guelch27 Member

Apr 7, 2008
    Bremerton
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. edwardgr

edwardgr Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2006
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Honestly I don't mind the DC, but damn-it you can't suspend a player 2 days before match day, if they are going to review this stuff they either need to make a decision by Tuesday. I don't think that is to much to ask.