Sounders/Seahawks split business operations

Discussion in 'Seattle Sounders FC' started by Yoshou, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like the Sounders are going out on their own and will be running their own business operations for the first time since the move to MLS.

http://www.soundersfc.com/post/2014...seahawks-announce-changes-business-operations

While there is certainly a big upside in the Sounders becoming independent of First & Goal, it does make me a little nervous. F&G played a pretty big role in the MLS Sounders coming out of the gates with the look and feel of a professional organization from a business operations standpoint. They didn't seem to have the initial missteps that plagued a good number of the expansion teams and I think a good portion of that is that they were able to focus entirely on the club and fan experience. I also have to think it will have an impact on the Seahawks and Sounders relationship with each other. I'm not sure what that impact is because it could be good in that they might not have the little brother feeling after glombing onto the Seahawks' business operations, but it could be bad in that they now won't be part of the Seahawks' business operations and might end up being treated as an outside customer...

edwardgr repped this.
  2. edwardgr

edwardgr Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2006
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Paul is divesting it could be interesting, but then again he has always treated AH and the Sounders very well even in the USL days. I do not see this being a huge issue. It also really does make sense especially with the Sounders involved in the U23 side, the academy, and soon the full time USL reserve side. These are all things that we need to manage in house anyway, so if we already have that going taking on the rest of the organization should be expected.

3. Seaball

Seaball Member+

Oct 12, 2008
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Assuming the rent stays the same, it doesn't seem like much will change.

4. LA Galaxy Fan

LA Galaxy Fan Member

Feb 28, 2000
    Tokyo
    Will Seattle Sounders get new own stadium?

5. Sounders78

Sounders78 Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Olympia
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Not in the near future. No one knows 20 years down the road however.

6. guelch27

guelch27 Member

Apr 7, 2008
    Bremerton
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It seems that people don't realize that the Seahawks don't own the stadium. I don't think that anything will really change for us other than the fact that we will have an ownership group that now only cares about soccer...which is a good thing.

7. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. gstommylee

gstommylee Member+

Oct 3, 2008
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    No. Its not worth spending the $$$ on their own stadium when clink was designed for both.

9. Captain_Ski

Captain_Ski Member

Apr 1, 2012
    Bellingham
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Given the number of games the Sounders play there over the course of the year and the number of games the Seahawks play there over the year, it is safe to say the Seahawks play in the Sounders' stadium.:D

10. guelch27

guelch27 Member

Apr 7, 2008
    Bremerton
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's how I look at it. :)