Sounders @ Montreal Impact 3/22/14 (P/I/P)

Discussion in 'Seattle Sounders FC' started by Seaball, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Captain_Ski

Captain_Ski Member

Apr 1, 2012
    Bellingham
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nice game, I like the composure and connection I saw on the field. Not much panic. Everyone seemed to know where and what eachother were up to...on the same page so to speak.
    Maybe a little to relaxed in the last 10 minutes, when it seemed Montreal was GIVEN to many opportunities. Neagle was lucky on the first goal and unlucky on the second, eh...a wash.

2. dmain

dmain Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Gig Harbor, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good game. Pineda is the real deal. Neagle is a forward can we be done with him on the wing please? Backline was good although Remick was exposed a couple of times by Mapp. Martins was great. Traore just missed a GOTY canidate.

Dempsey has been very good so far this year aside from his attitude about the constant fouling. He was involved in both of our previous two goals. I really wish he had not gone to Fulham and been in camp however as i think chemistry is not quite where it needs to be yet.

3. Seaball

Seaball Member+

Oct 12, 2008
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Yeah, Remick needs to work on his 1v1 defending if he wants to unseat Leo on the left. Mapp ran circles around him and he'll likely be up against Oduro next week.

Also, agree on Neagle as a forward only. Playing that wing forward in a 4-3-3 seems an ideal fit for him, Cooper too. Of course not sure where Dempsey or Pappa, for that matter, fit into that formation.

dmain repped this.
  4. Kappa74

Kappa74 Member+

Feb 2, 2010
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    From what I'm seeing, there is no way I would sit Pineda. He seems to connect very well with Ozzie in the middle, makes quick and good decisions, and generally positions himself well. The execution is not always there, but jeez, we look so much more fluid with him on the field.

dmain repped this.
  5. gstommylee

gstommylee Member+

Oct 3, 2008
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    That's the first i seen seattle play a good 4-3-3 it helps to have 3 CM's on the field.

6. gstommylee

gstommylee Member+

Oct 3, 2008
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    That was awesome serve by Rose on that attempt of a bicycle kick.

Regards the loan. It was in dempsey's contract that he had 1 off-season loan. It should have been to a better team than Fulham.

7. gstommylee

gstommylee Member+

Oct 3, 2008
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Neagle was given the goal.

8. evan eleven

evan eleven Member

Jun 4, 2009
    California
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    i'd like to see this:

-----------Neagle------Martins------------
    ------------------Dempsey------------------
    ---------Pineda---Alonso---Evans----------
    --Gonzalez-------------------------Yedlin--
    --------------Traore---Marshall--------------
    ---------------------Frei---------------------

substitute in Cooper, Pappa or Anibaba when appropriate...

9. dmain

dmain Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Gig Harbor, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know all that about the loan terms. It was a waste. fulham is a disaster this year. i know why he went ie World Cup prep but that team was bad. Better served to be here than there.

10. dmain

dmain Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Gig Harbor, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man as I watch the game again Martins is very very good in this game

11. Captain_Ski

Captain_Ski Member

Apr 1, 2012
    Bellingham
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    He is not only good, he is relentless. I LOVED how, on the header by Neagle, he was THERE. No standing around watching to see what might happen. He was after that ball like a beagle on bunny. If Perkins did not put it in, he certainly would.

guelch27 repped this.
  12. dmain

dmain Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Gig Harbor, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only a beagle owner will get this lol.

guelch27 repped this.
  13. Last Line of Defense

Jul 2, 2013
    Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pappa actually would fit into a 433 better than playing an outside mid role. He is more attack minded and as we have seen quite poor tracking back and playing defense. He just looks like a LW or RW to me at least. Dempsey would be the problem.