Sons of Anarchy Season 6 [R]

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by os_mutante, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I could care less if they contemplated a school shooting angle for the show several years ago. It adds no relevance to the storyline. It's still in poor taste due to it's sensational nature and is a cheap ploy. Lazy writing merely for shock value.

I have read that Sutter had debated ending the show in season five. However, the success I am certain made him change his mind.

I do have problems with it going this way. It rings hollow to me. It makes no sense logically. Similar to any villain in a Bond film, telling Bond what he intends to do and then stopping himself from killing him.

By all rights Clay should have been dead two years ago and certainly by the end of last season. It insults the intelligence of viewers that merely because of the show's popularity, Sutter went through machinations to extend the show another two seasons.

How refreshing it would be for the creator of a show to say. It ends now. I am not milking it for the sake of making more money.

2. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Even Tara?

3. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

He may have contemplated it but I read an article with Sutter before the pilot ever aired that said he has 7 seasons in mind, possibly 6 if the show was canceled. So, he isnt extending it just to extend it. He may have thought about being shorter but he had something in mind from the beginning so I think it is hard to blame him of chasing the money.

The show isnt perfect but it is still quality and I will watch till the end and probably buy the entire season when it is available.

Dante repped this.
  4. Footer Phooter

Jul 23, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    That was a pretty good episode last night.

5. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was surprised Logue got killed off so early. I guess he got another job so his storyline which was suppose to go the whole season got rewritten.

You knew something bad was going to happen at the end of the episode. I kinda of wonder if SAMCRO is going to be disbanded by season's end. They have few members left, they might lose more now, there might be mutiny against Jax when everyone finds out about the moves he has been making and deals with August Marks. They also dont know about the framing of Clay except for Juice. With Bobby up to something that I suspect is gathering enough people to somehow overtake SAMCRO or form a new charter. I bet there is something in the rules about getting enough members to do something.

6. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Bobby is going to form a Nomad "charter". In one episode it was mentioned that you needed at least 4 guys to bring the Nomad's back.

7. Footer Phooter

Jul 23, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Please tell me the Walton Goggins character isn't going to have a recurring role.

8. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wasn't that character in an earlier subplot from a few seasons ago? I think Samcro was trying to blackmail someone using Vincent/Venus. I remember Tig being quasi-enamored back then. I wasn't thrilled with him/her coming back in the last episode but I've changed my mind. For one, if the show is going to go ridiculous they might as well go all out Almodovar ridiculous. Also, Jax's deadly reaction to the mother's speech about how the son will grow up to hate his father was interesting when in the same episode Tara pulls off another ridiculous stunt to get the kids out of Charming. Foreshadowing what could happen if and when he figure out Tara's deception.

Have to say I'm pleased that Donal Logue has been killed off and some of the boil has been taken off from the school shooting. I guess I don't mind if risque or ridiculous plots happen on the show so much as long as they happen to the actual club members and their circle.

Also the scene with Juice jumping off the police bike into the van with Ratboy driving... completely unrealistic but totally great at the same time.

9. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Great episode that will set up, IMO, the beginning of the end...

10. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed, best episode of the season so far. Clay's act in the chapel room was priceless.

Now to catch up on this week's episode.

11. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    R.I.P. Clay Morrow and what does Tara do now?

12. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Jax is thinking straight he kills her.

13. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm hoping they all die. Especially Jax and Jemma.

I hope Tara is able to get out of that nightmare life and that Jimmy Smits character comes to his senses and ditches that evil manipulative and dog faced Jemma.