Son Heung-Min & Ryu Seung-Woo @ Bayer 04 Leverkusen 2013-2014 Part II [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by Gayageum, Jan 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    get can off this fcking team

2. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Its crazy that how little they have changed the formula. Behind? Throw on a striker with 20 minutes to go for Son. Ahead? Do nothing.

Why not try Son up top (not like kiessling was doing much today) or put him behind or alongside (or even switch sides for more than 2 minutes a match). Or especially vs a slow-reacting Hamburg back line, get some speed in the midfield and try more balls over the top.

I was worried when hyypia talked early in the season about playing patiently even though they looked near dortmund like on the break with son and sam out side. And despite playing slow having done nothing all year, you could still see players today stepping on the brakes when Hamburg was so out of shape.

MagnaSejong repped this.
  3. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    well, that was quick.

http://www.ksta.de/bayer-04-leverku...er-in-der-einzelkritik,15189374,26758422.html

4. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I thought son played better than a 3 today for once though he didn't have his best shots today. Only 1 moment where I thought he made a decision too slow.

5. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Son up top? Not sure about that & I didn't think Kiessling was bad. He didn't have much to work with...

My issue is Hyypia's reluctance to make changes or even react to opposition tactics. For once, he made a formation change but with Castro completely anonymous or two double-six players (Rolfes and Bender) being fcuking poor, he should have reacted much quicker. Hyypia didn't even bother to rectify the issues he had in midfield & as predictable as he has ever been... he subs in Deridyok in 80th min. :mad::mad:

6. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'm not convinced Son up top would have been ideal (but I don't think it would have been worse as kiessling was awful for me) as he was one of the few creative players out there today but at some point you have to make different changes as the Deridyok thing has not really worked at all. I'd be more accepting of failure and bad adjustments if Hyypia was trying something different at least at the 60th minute if not from the start.

7. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
  8. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    If both Gladbach and Wolfsburg win they will move down to 6th. :ROFLMAO:[​IMG]

9. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Honestly what went wrong with Bayer this year? They went on a losing streak. Is it due to tactics or what?

10. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  11. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  12. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
    That was a pretty predictable outcome (Loserkusen is no unknown to falling apart in the second half of a season). They could have tried the successful Hyypi-Lewa pairing again. Now we get to see Lewa alone which isn't bad either for seeing what he'd do on his own.

Chingoo repped this.
  13. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    From what I'd understood, they were very disfunctional by the end of last season where the only contribution Lewandowski was providing at the end was just his license.

But at the very least, its not a total rebuild, with a manager who knows the players.

14. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    if Leverkusen miss out on Champions League, i hope they miss out on EL.

15. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
    From the point when it was clear that Hyypia would continue alone it looked very dysfunctional indeed, but I always thought the results they produced before were (in a tactical sense) far better than anything since.

16. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    We can only hope that Lewandowksi was the brains behind them doing well last year and whatever other skills he lacks aren't needed as much in a squad full of veterans.

17. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
    Dunno about that. :p Lewa is slated only for the remaining matches this season. If he really does well I hope he gets to stay in this position.

18. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I meant hoping for CL qualification. I'll reserve judgement on more after seeing some football :D

That said, no manager can stop Rolfes from missing every pass, or defenders from losing their marks so easily.

19. TaegukRedDevil

Jan 30, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  20. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  21. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
  22. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
  23. bekele

bekele Member

Aug 23, 2009
    France
    Club:
    Daejeon Citizen
  24. TaegukRedDevil

Jan 30, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    HOLY COW! Son Heung Min is winning on the Bundesliga Team of the Year list with 51% vote and Frank Ribery 45%.