Someone update an old ex-Hattricker

Discussion in 'Hattrick' started by Qamle, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Qamle

Qamle Member

May 2, 2004
    San Diego
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Hey guys, long time no see. I just thought of you all and was wondering how you've all been doing in HT these days? What kind of changes have been made and what is the current state of the game?

Who is the best active HT team from BigSoccer? Hope all is well!

-Tim

2. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    youth system is nice and has some good changes. So more game changes and stuff. Were you still playing when they changed the layout of the site? Cause if not that's a big change.

No clue who's the highest ranked player still playing, I'm currently in III, spent 1 season in II.

3. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    hey qamle, think you made my logo a long time ago...I'm also in III, my interest has come and gone but I'm still an active enough to keep my team decent.

kuhn has most of the changes down and they are vowing to improve gameplay soon so we'll see.

4. Hungry Dave

Hungry Dave Member

Apr 8, 2008
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't forget substitutions. You can sub players in by setting different if statements in your match orders. For instance...In the 65th minute if you're team is down by 2 goals youcan sub in an offensive players. You can even just change a player's mind set from offensive to towards the middle or something like that. Pretty cool idea.

I had a season in III but really, I've just been hanging out in IV for the most part.

5. Twenty26Six

Twenty26Six Feeling Sheepish...

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has anyone really noticed a significant change in the match engine and results?

6. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not yet.

7. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    No, I keep losing.

8. GaBu

GaBu New Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    No, there is not any significant changes in engine

9. mafi_oso

mafi_oso New Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Santiago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    The subs guys!!

That's new;)

10. ej014

ej014 Member

Jul 17, 2001
    Vacaville, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has anyone successfully used the subs to change a game?
    I've only used them to sub out my better players when I have a lead.

11. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    not that often, but I have. Early cup matches I've played a straight B team but if its tied in the 2nd half brought in some first-teamers to take the lead. Also works great with older players that fade in the final 15 minutes. I have an offensive IM I take off for a defensive IM at 75 to protect a lead.

12. CityBulls

CityBulls New Member

Feb 1, 2010
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I haven't played since 2002-03, and I just started a new team up. I am so lost. I considered myself to be a decent player (was in V for awhile and almost got promoted to IV before I stopped playing), but everything seems so different to me. Like now, there doesn't seem to be a quick way of generating a lineup other than going through each and every player and sorting it out yourself. I could've swore there was an easier way to do this before.

Also, I remember there being a site seperate from Hattrick that basically was a huge database that displayed match ratings, standings, etc., but I can't remember for the life of me what the site was called. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

13. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This site is still around.

http://www.akickku.com/

14. CityBulls

CityBulls New Member

Feb 1, 2010
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not the exact site, but the same thing, thanks.

Also, I just got 3 months of Supporter and it still hasn't kicked in...IIRC last time I got it, it kicked in immediately. Is there a delay now?

15. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you're thinking of the USA hatstats site. That site appears to be gone now.

As for suppporter, I'm not sure, I've been a supporter since 04 so it's been a while.

16. CityBulls

CityBulls New Member

Feb 1, 2010
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nevermind, went through...a little bit of a delay.

And yes, Hatstats was the one I was thinking of.

17. Tim Brice

Tim Brice Member

Sep 22, 2005
    Little Rock, AR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I also started back with a new team. It is a okay, I don't see any huge improvements.They did finally kill day trading. I am not sure if someone mentioned it here or not, but some clubs just hang out in IV and V and try to make deep cup runs instead of trying to promote.

18. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah teams do that because it's still too counter productive to prompt to III or higher, I'm struggling in my 5th season at III or higher due to the economics.

19. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    in that boat too.

on the topic of game improvements, I've been meaning to ask if anyone sees anything different this season? They made changes to eliminate the wild scorelines on matches with close statistics...

20. Tim Brice

Tim Brice Member

Sep 22, 2005
    Little Rock, AR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Would raising sponsors and match day income help with that?

I am sitting in division VI for this season. I have had my team since the middle of last season, but I really did not pay much attention to it until about three weeks ago. Therefore, promotion is probably out of the question. I have about 580k in the bank and just made a youth pull who should sale somewhere between $75-100k.

21. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's a thin line, you give more money but you don't want to give so much that those teams get entrenched up there and no one can prompt over them.

22. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    they should look at both revenue streams..I get the same gate/sponsor cash as when I was in D4...but never a cup home game (as those sitting in 4/5 will knock me off midrounds) and spend more on players to stay in D3.

23. Tim Brice

Tim Brice Member

Sep 22, 2005
    Little Rock, AR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess my plan with my team is to train scoring for three or four seasons and then sell off four strikers to finance midfield trainees. I will also add some quality defenders and keepers at some point. I will probably promote to V next season depending on how things go. I will expand my stadium when my team gets ready to make deep cup runs.

I am still doing the old fashion way of making youth pulls. So far, I have my about 385,000 off youth pulls. I am thinking of switching to the youth academy, but I understand you can't promote players for a year. How much is the cost of a youth academy?

24. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    i dont remember there being a startup cost, per week its $5 per scout...so for $15 you get 3 scouts from which you can add 1 new player a week....

I'm a big academy fan, tho my sales have slumped this year.

25. DrinkGC

DrinkGC Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Iowa
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yo I'm the manager formerly known as romagol10... some of you may remember me from my late night posts and my team AS Alcohol (dependency). :p Qamle, if you ever check back hey!

My interest in the game had faded after I reached D.IV and I let my team expire a few years ago.

I made another team (High Powered (8252)) a while ago, promoted to D.V.80 and check in occasionally. I'll probably be more active this season. This last season went pretty well, finished 4th after a 3rd place finish last year and went into the 5th round of the cup causing a few upsets along the way. I just significantly upgraded my defenders (2 solids to titanic and supernatural) and am looking for a longer cup run. The division title is still a couple seasons away since the guy who won this year threw away his last game to avoid auto-promotion.