1. Dmitriy

Dmitriy Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    I don't know what's worse, the old sociopathic I'll beat your ass Canada or this well-oiled, emotionless machine with an airtight defense.

2. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    LOL "Well-oiled"))) We must have some amazing oil considering this team assembled 2 days before the first game (apart from a 2 day training camp in the summer). Stay mad small son. Anger suits you. Your high flying beautiful Americans couldn't put together 2 passes in our zone in the semis even on bigger ice.

3. Dmitriy

Dmitriy Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    No one cares you Canadian spazz, you play a boring brand of hockey and your fans are annoying. At least if Russia was on top we'd see artistic, high flying hockey. Not this unwatchable gutter trash.

4. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Yeah definitely boring. Just scored 3 goals against the best goalkeeper of the tournament. Plus Getzlaf probably scored one of the best goals of the tournament against Austria, along with our unstoppable end to end Doughty who terrorized every team.
    Stay mad. Your "beautiful" hockey players like Kane, Ovechkin an Malkin got annihilated.

Start training, get better, watch some youtube clips of Gretzky, Bobby Orr, and Lemieux to learn how to play proper hockey. That's my advice.

5. Dmitriy

Dmitriy Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    1-0 win over 'Murica and a win over Sweden who was missing three center.s What an achievement!

6. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Who is this and what have you done with Dima?

7. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Canada was beastly.

But Canadians bragging lol??? the thought of it is just goofy

8. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some of them get really obnoxious about hockey. It's a sign of insecurity. Do you many Americans running around after winning a basketball gold medal trashing everybody else?

9. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some of them get really obnoxious about hockey. It's a sign of insecurity. Do you many Americans running around after winning a basketball gold medal trashing everybody else?

10. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv

Girlfriend is from Canada. Couldn't wait for the Winter Olympics to be over soon enough....

I caught sights of curling on TV (barf)....

Real Corona repped this.
  11. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    And a good thing is they would clean it up.

12. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I have no idea why, but this was probably the least watched Olympics (in my house) in terms of time spent in front of the TV that I can remember.

13. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Not gonna lie, when I first saw curling on TV, I thought it was a made up sport, like Baseketball.

Anyway, the Winter Olympics will always be a non-event for me. I don't care about the sport events, and unless I can get glimpses of this on TV, I'm not tuning in.

I'm just a summer sports kind of guy!

14. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I do love Winter Olympics. Specifically, biathlon, cross-country skiing, bobsleigh, skeleton, luge, and, of course, hockey (non women's, though)

In general, in my best fantasies, sports are always on TV, regardless of season.

15. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I do love Winter Olympics. Specifically, biathlon, cross-country skiing, bobsleigh, skeleton, luge, and, of course, hockey (non women's, though)

In general, in my best fantasies, sports are always on TV, regardless of season.

16. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Skeleton must be one of the craziest sports out there. Crazy cajones to do it.

17. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Curling is about 400 years old and was one of the sports that was featured in the very first Winter Olympic games in 1924. Although after that the first time it was featured in the Olympics was 1998. So this was essentially the 6th time Curling was a sport featured in the Olympics.

18. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv

Ah. That probably explains why I missed it growing up. It wasn't an Olympic sport then. I seriously thought it was a made up sport when I first saw it in a movie called Men with Brooms. I just thought it was kind of a gag they did for a film, but it turns out the shit was serious.

19. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Curling is a sport invented for golfers I'm the winter who needed an excuse to drink beer.

20. Dmitriy

Dmitriy Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    That bobsleigh/sled crap is a joke., requires way less mastery than other disciplines just look at the history of some of the winners.

21. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    What a silly statement! You should try directing one of those things at 130 km/hour! Dude, please think before you post!!!

22. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    He's a russian. It's in his nature to be ignorant.

23. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Same here. Not sure why, but I did watch Gold Zone at work a little bit. Its the equivelant of NFL RedZone with the same guy narrating lol pretty sick!

I've seen that Aussie girl, but the other one too....jesus.

I only found out about curling in the 2010 Games, I think its pretty cool. Especially watching the girls, love watching the hot one's making sexy serious faces lol. The captain on Russia is so damn hot. I remember her from the Vancouver Games, you don't forget a face like that :thumbsup:

24. Dmitriy

Dmitriy Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Oh c'mon, one of Russia's champions was a pro-arm wrestler before he got into this thing and he became one of the best in the world in like several years. Even that one American chick Lolo Jones is a track athlete and she became boss in no time.

25. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    The
    I don't think she steers the sled. They use her for the explosive power off the start, she pushes the sled hard. She has an awesome body, but needs to have her head checked...apparently, she's a virgin, but I am ranting...this is beside the point.