Soccer Jerseys for good price?????

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by Ronaldinho11, Sep 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruudvan10

ruudvan10 New Member

Nov 23, 2003
    PA
    I just tested Gimako...i swear its better than kitbag. FASTER, CHEAPER shipping...no lie. I have personal homepage space so i can probably post webcam pics.

2. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
  3. Ronaldinho11

Ronaldinho11 Red Card

Jul 28, 2003
    San Pedro Sula
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Its the real thing trust me, I've seen the exact original Real Jersey and I it's the same as the one I have, I can't find differences.

4. monty185

monty185 New Member

Apr 2, 2004

I haven't ordered from this site, but I checked it out, found a Portsmouth FC shirt and compared it to my own one.

Apart from the little rubber authenticity bit at the bottom of my official shirt, the one on sale on soccer4less.net was exactly the same. Even down to the label on the inside of the neck.

So obviously something's up with the shirts, but it appeared to be a very very good replica. Dunno what other shirts are like for other clubs, but thought i'd tell you all this in case it helps.

5. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    interesting indeed........

6. qwasmp

qwasmp New Member

Dec 17, 2003
    Louisville
    Okay, I have two problems:

1) 90% of the jerseys on ebay say they are xl, and that's too big for me (I think). Most of them say they have a 46'' chest and length 30''. I don't understand from where to where they are measuring length, so if someone who owns a jersey whose measurements they know could take measurments on their own and figure out what the given measurements mean, that would be immensely helpful.

Also, I did buy a real-fake Nike xl jersey off ebay and it is a little too big, but the guy didnt give any measurments, and the problem with the jersey is its too long. I am 6'4'' (maybe 6'3''), so I can't imagine that the typical jersey sold on ebay is too long for someone 6'4''. Anyway, I am 6'4'' and about 160 lbs, and if someone with similar dimensions knew their size that too would be helpful.

2) I can't find any of the jerseys I'm looking for for cheap. So if anyone sees a sight that will customize Hanover, Ajax, Fulham, or USA jerseys (see a pattern there?) for about the same prices as gimako please tell me.

BTW, the jersey I bought off ebay was a USA away for about $25 + shipping. The stitching is a little messy but solid, and the numbers are starting to peel off a little but nothing a little superglue won't fix. The piping is all the right mesh stuff and everything, and it's hard to tell it's a fake. If you wear an XL, ebay is great.

7. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Not so fast. Most of the XL's sold on ebay are really L's ........
    Don't forget that each company has a different definition of what XL is. And those sizes can also change year to year.
    Example........ A '96 and '98 Nike XL jersey fits great, but a 2002 and 2004 Nike XL jersey is snug. This has nothing to do with body change, as those older jerseys CURRENTLY fit great.

Some companies consider a 46" chest a XL, other consider a 48" chest a XL ............

8. Ronaldinho11

Ronaldinho11 Red Card

Jul 28, 2003
    San Pedro Sula
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    that is very true and have noted that with past purchases on jerseys

9. minaelia

minaelia New Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Alright guys, i followed this chain from the begining. ABout Gimako, i donno the jersies on the site look pretty fake, i will try them thou. But i bought 2 jersies one from the man Utd official store is size xxl (47-49) and it costed me with shipping and everything 60 us dollars.....................(plus it had beckham name and number and the patches of the premier league)

and i bought an new juventus made by lotto from www.subsidesports.com in the same size with del piero name and number with all the patches but this one is a bit more expensive it was 82.5, because i paid taxes on it when it was sent to canada.... (don't know why)

of course the jersies are amazing and of course real and the quality is incredable.......i am even scared to wear them and ruin them.

Here are the points i want to make... There are 2 kinds of jersies: replicas, which are made by nike or lotto or adidas but are not the ones used in the fields...they ones used in the fields are more tough and better stitching and these are the authentic ones............they ones on gimako are not even made by nike or adidas or lotto they are immitaions.

the other point is the site subsidesports.com has some good sales........ now they have the real madrid long sleeve away with champions league patches in all sizes for 40 US (no names and numbers) and the short sleeve LPF patch one home for 47 US $ or the authentic one for 60 US $ (authentic ones normaly are 12-130 US $) the thing is they are a bit expensive in shipping, but what i do is i wait and we buy in groups to divide shipping... they have other great deals.

Tell me what u think :) sorry for the long message.

10. minaelia

minaelia New Member

Apr 20, 2004
  11. Tecos

Tecos Member+

Apr 8, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    Tecos UA de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I ordered the Inter Milan home jersey from gimako.com a few days ago. It sucked because I ordered it on some kind of holiday so the post office was closed for the week,(no fault of theirs) but they have since sent it and it is on its way, will update when received.

The only reason that I didn't order from soccer4less.net is because the Pirelli logo on the front looks cheap and is seethru on their pictures. (you can see the strips thru the letters)

12. Tecos

Tecos Member+

Apr 8, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    Tecos UA de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Got it, it looks just like real thing, I am really impressed. The only bad thing is I can barely fit my head thru it. Not sure if I would have this problem with the real thing too or just this one. But apart from that, I will buy all my jerseys from gimako from now on.

13. chuwy2000

chuwy2000 Member

Jun 17, 2000
    El Paso Tx
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    How has everyone's shirts from gimako held up after a couple times in the washer? Would it be better to wash by hand?

14. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    I would never put ANY jersey in the washing machine. Those machines are perilous!

15. chuwy2000

chuwy2000 Member

Jun 17, 2000
    El Paso Tx
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    What happened to gimako? Have they been shut down? I logged onto their site just right now and they dont have replicas anymore. Anyone know what's going on?

16. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    The recently switched to a new system. I am hoping that just means a new websystem and the inventory has not been added to the new database yet. I hope....

17. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    I wash my PSG jersey & I haven't had any problems w/ it soo far. I hope Gimako resumes to selling jerseys again. I think they are feeling pressure for their replicas.

18. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Hope that is not the case......

19. youseek

youseek New Member

May 10, 2004
    first, sorry for my english. I have mailed to gimako but they havn't replied. Does anyone mailed they? I'm worried because I sell their's jersey :)

20. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Haven;t heard anythng back from them yet.....

21. chuwy2000

chuwy2000 Member

Jun 17, 2000
    El Paso Tx
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Well gimako's site is down. I wonder if this signals the end for them. Could this also mean that if you got anything from them either at their site or at ebay you just lost your money?

22. narwhale

narwhale New Member

Apr 11, 2004
    I too emailed the site, but no response. I bet the site was shut down, as it was pretty obvious nothing was properly licensed. I was planning on taking advantage of the lettering and numbering, too. Oh well.

23. ICsoccer

ICsoccer New Member

Mar 23, 2004
    Nyack, NY
    The best site that I get all my jerseys from is thaishop4you.com. $30 for each jersey and quality same as any authentic jersey ive ever gotten.

24. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

i wash in cold water/light soap and hang outside to dry, no problems here

25. jtowns3

jtowns3 New Member

Mar 29, 2004
    Chicago
    ebay!!!!!!! got a real madrid one there for $14 and it was authentic...had to wait about 2 weeks to get it but its all good. paid about $10 in shipping charges but hell, better than regular price.

be careful though, don't get screwed over, look for official tags, badges and make sure its a secure site.

good luck, happy hunting.