SOB Membership Renewal Process

Discussion in 'Sons of Ben' started by Ruud11, Sep 5, 2013.

1. ericlfd

ericlfd Member+

Nov 28, 2011
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    #26 ericlfd, Feb 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2014
    it looks better lately. they got a better graphic designer. i think all mls teams have the same site layout

Just to make you aware, i bought an additional season ticket yesterday in TRE under a different account name as a gift to someone, and was told it was mandatory to sign them up for the SOB. I said i didnt want to as i would let them do it on their own, and the ticket rep told me it wasnt possible to remove it from the order. I also tried online to remove it, and wasnt able to remove that item. So, as much as they say you dont have to be a member, its physically not possible to order TRE season tix without at least one.

2. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

3. ericlfd

ericlfd Member+

Nov 28, 2011
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    your point is moo-t

aztec21bas repped this.
  4. aztec21bas

aztec21bas BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 24, 2009
    Mullica Hill, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is an utterly ridiculous pic @Dills! Sometimes I truly hate the auto spell on my iPad.

5. ericlfd

ericlfd Member+

Nov 28, 2011
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Sounds like you guys have beef.

EmeraldDawn and Handsome Pete repped this.
  6. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. kendog3

kendog3 Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    ericlfd - I can assure you this is not accurate. I am not sure who you spoke with, but if you want to email me directly at kenny.hanson@sonsofben.com I will take care of this for you. Email me the specifics and we can get it hammered out.

Kenny

ericlfd repped this.
  8. ericlfd

ericlfd Member+

Nov 28, 2011
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    so, i just called and recieved clarification. What he was trying to say was that it doesnt make sense to not sign up for the SOB membership, since there is a 36$ price difference in sob vs non sob tix. leaving a net difference of 9 dollars for the tix and sob membership (which i agree is a better deal) however, yesterday it was positioned to me as not really having a choice.

and online they only have the choice of riverend with sob membership

problem solved.

9. kendog3

kendog3 Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Excellent - Glad to hear!

10. Ruud11

Ruud11 Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Seems we all got new SOB numbers (on the new SOB cards). Was rather proud of my low number in the past ....
    Also seems that if there were more than 1 SOB in your household then FO could not put all membership cards with the same season holder package. So got one (of the main season ticket holder) but still waiting on the others... Think that next year these cards should come with the SOB package... Also, rather than sending 2 or 3 SOB packages to the same household maybe all could be put into 1 package....

11. slitz

slitz Member+

Feb 19, 2005
    Red City, 140
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wasnt the number on the card the same as your Union season ticket account number?

12. Ruud11

Ruud11 Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yes, it is this year. In the past it was a number based on when you joined the SOB's which makes a lot more sense