So it's time to talk about that first game 4/7 (R)

Discussion in 'North Carolina FC' started by teucer, Apr 6, 2012.

1. teucer

teucer Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Raleigh, NC, USA
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tomorrow is game day!

Playing Minnesota, at a much bigger stadium than they usually use. Hopefully they can make use of the extra space, rather than looking empty and bare.

I think our roster looks like one of the most solid in the league, strong both in front and in back, but for a road game it's never wise to count yourself a likely winner. Predictions?

2. CHHSfan

CHHSfan Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Chapel Hill
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like the roster and the play I've seen so far, but we have a problem against Minnesota. I'll take a 1-1 draw and a good year ahead of us.

3. wjarrettc

wjarrettc Member
    Staff Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Cliffs of Insanity
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hard to take much away from the pixelated excuse of a feed. I hope it gets better as the season goes on. I thought I was watching a Minecraft gaming session.

As you say, a point against Minnesota is a decent result to start the season. Will be interesting to see how this team develops, especially through midfield and up top.

4. NorthernWall

NorthernWall Member

Mar 1, 2012
    It was a 0-0 draw

5. teucer

teucer Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Raleigh, NC, USA
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Turned out to be a different sort of draw. I gather from the comments that the play was rather suboptimal on both sides, but I couldn't watch the feed myself (I was at work). Getting outshot 22-2 is not ideal.

But a point is a point, and a point against Minnesota especially at Minnesota is something I can be happy with.