Small Rocks Transfer and Discussion

Discussion in 'Games & Fantasy' started by tarvinodos, Aug 14, 2012.

1. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    Glad I woke up early as I otherwise would have missed everything. Aaaah, the highs and lows of owning Adebayor.... :confused::(

2. DrHeckle

DrHeckle BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    At least he FINALLY played 2 (and I mean a proper 2) up front,. Hallelujah :D

3. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    ahhh the joy of having your fortunes tied to AVB...I refer to his Chelsea reign as my dark drinking days

4. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Posted by Lobo Mojo on 18 Nov 16:38

Out: Bertrand D CFC 4.2

In: Sagna D ARS 5.4

Bank: 1.5
    free

5. tarvinodos

tarvinodos Member+

Jul 17, 2008
    Long Beach, CA
    Well about a week left my lead in Small Rocks. Lobo and blech are hunting me down.

6. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    [​IMG]

blech and tarvinodos repped this.
  7. tarvinodos

tarvinodos Member+

Jul 17, 2008
    Long Beach, CA
    I am spending so much time transfering in duds that I can't fix the rest of the problems.

Will go after offense this time. Can't quite add a Norwich defender but that is the kind of think done around here.

Sasha Juniors
    Out: Ruiz and Kightly
    In: Long and Sessegnon

-8 penalty

8. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    Just one more trade, Tarv, and I can take the lead before the next gameweek starts.... :p

Of course, Long was never a consideration for me because I'm fully committed to the "EZ" forwards and their misunderstood step-sibling Adebayor. It's kind of nice in its own simplistic kind of way to never have to think about the budget forwards around whom I've built squads in recent years. But while Long was never a thought, I did some serious pondering about bringing Jose Enrique back in and took a lengthy look at Sessegnon before persuading myself that I couldn't double up on the Sunderland attack. Wasn't that your notice a few weeks ago about them not scoring for the rest of the year? I think you've just been snookered by a passable performance against a 10-man squad but will be pleasantly content if they've turned the corner.

9. tarvinodos

tarvinodos Member+

Jul 17, 2008
    Long Beach, CA
    I think Craig stated that and FC St. Pauli was hoping for someone naive enough to come along and pick up Sessegnon. This will allow me my own spiffy statement as he is red carded this weekend and I back to market.

10. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    oops. my bad to be mixing up advice from you and vegas. :oops:

i wish you luck, and hope Sess is on the end of several assists from Johnson. i gave him serious thought last week, but didn't want to double up and then fell asleep early before i could agonize over the decision. the tough part of the west coast is even when you wake up early, the window has usually already closed.

of course, i won't be too upset if you end up with a -3 from a red card either.... :rolleyes:

11. tarvinodos

tarvinodos Member+

Jul 17, 2008
    Long Beach, CA
    Nothing like watching the team with your strikers going down to 10 men. I did think that Sunderland needed an undermanned team to score against.

Also watched part of the West Ham vs. Stoke match and doesn't lend me much hope for Nolan against stronger opponents.

Are you going to go to the Galaxy final?

12. scottk964

scottk964 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 1, 2004
    Winchester, VA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FC St. Pauli

OUT: Sigurdsson - M - TOT - 8.0
    IN: Walters - M - STO - 6.3

Bank: about 5

Goodbye, #1 pick. We'll always have Spring of 2012.

13. glorydaze

glorydaze Member+

Liverpool FC
    Apr 5, 2007
    Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glorydaze

Out: Ben Arfa M NEW 7.6
    In: Hitzlsperger M EVE 5.0

free/ bank 3+

14. scottk964

scottk964 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 1, 2004
    Winchester, VA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice pick-up. Had my eye on him too.

15. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    I've been away and not on the Google doc for the past several days, but pretty sure that Walters is on Cannon's squad and that this pick needs to be corrected. Sorry that I didn't see it before now.

16. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    As I recall, I got burnt by der "Hammer" once before, but good luck to you... :confused:

glorydaze repped this.
  17. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Sess, Long..eh Sasha...:devilish:

[​IMG]

18. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Did Cannon ever drop him after drafting him?
    looking further it:

Appears that Sasha, drunk on the power of his neverending lead, dropped Kightly this week, not Walters, who he never had, and St P, jumped on seeing Walters out, as I was about to do had he not beat me to it.

My two cents, is not to fine St P, just has to dump him
    but fine Sasha 2 trillion points:p

19. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Posted by Lobo Mojo on 24 Nov 16:05

Out: Routledge M SWA 5.3

In: Adam M STO 6.6
    free

20. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    That's a good one. A better question would be: Has Cannon done anything since drafting??? :oops:

He's historically been hands off, but has historically had a better draft. Hopefully returns soon....

21. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    Good catch Lobo. Figures that Tarv is the problem..... Perhaps this voids the Sessegnon pick up... :eek: Just kidding, but I agree that Scott shouldn't be punished given the error in the official drafting thread. I didn't realize it before, but, yes, he picked up Walters in the post right after he had been dropped. Under the circumstances, I would propose that we go the additional step of swapping in McAnuff for Walters since he is in 1st sub position. Let's wait to see how the scores shake out for the weekend.

lobomojo repped this.
  22. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Like Tarv needs more help:rolleyes::mad:

dumb ass here did not catch Adam is on glorydaze, so void that while I search for a mf to be named later and more lost points Routledge can be had by any if wanted though

[​IMG]

23. tarvinodos

tarvinodos Member+

Jul 17, 2008
    Long Beach, CA
    Don't know how it happened. FC St. Pauli is going to be pissed...

24. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    Sunderland do not look strong in the attack. Kudos to you for taking the punt on Sessegnon, although that ranks amongst the softest/easiest assist and goal that I've seen in a long time. Still not sure what I think about the rule for giving the assist when fouled outside the penalty area. It makes sense on the PK where conversion is expected, but I'm not sure an assist is warranted for a regular free kick conversion. And, then, he's just standing in the right place at the right time when the ball drops to his feet. I guess he still had to kick it in, but would have been hard to miss from there. Basically rubbish from my viewpoint, but I suspect you're about to see a rapid price increase and profit......

I have to disagree with you about Nolan. He's the type who can score against anyone.

Yes, second year in a row that I've got tickets. Hopefully better weather and a better game than last year, although here's the result not changing.

25. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    let's try it again

Posted by Lobo Mojo on 25 Nov 17:57

OUT: Routledge/Adam M SWA/STO

In: Puncheon M SOU 4.5

-4 pts