Small Rocks 2013-2014 Season Transfers and Banter Thread

Discussion in 'Games & Fantasy' started by tarvinodos, Aug 13, 2013.

1. scottk964

scottk964 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 1, 2004
    Winchester, VA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He wasn't. Just showed up when they assigned the points.

2. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    no you insert/: [language from a Dear Claudio rant] teach me to tke a swim, though at that price perhaps you saved me penner points, big price for a newbie

3. tarvinodos

tarvinodos Member+

Jul 17, 2008
    Long Beach, CA
    Not in before the match today. Must have shown up sometime after 10am PST.

4. vegas2u

vegas2u Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    My prediction looked pretty bad as just about all those guys, including Lukaku, are not playing and losing value. Touchline did the right thing and began dumping the bunch.

After enjoying a nice dinner here in Cleveland OH on Monday night I see Lukaku is headed for Everton, and jump to FPL to pick up the pieces. I have been beaten by the same Touchline Ban. Losing every one of these races.

Any chance Kagawa is going to move before the deadline?

5. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Posted by Lobo Mojo on 03 Sep 12:38

Posted by Lobo Mojo on 03 Sep 12:18

Revised

out Welbeck F MUN 7.6; Cech GK CFC 6.5; Chadli M TOT 7.5

in Eto'o S CHE 9.0 ; McGregor GK HUL 4.5; Ozil M RS 10.0

Bank 0.0

6. vegas2u

vegas2u Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    Not sure I understand what happened here! And with the posts deleted in FPL it is not clear.

What did you do? Through out a couple posts to establish first position, and then get to the final "revised" move? If I had posted a "final" move at 12:14, when I checked in, would I have gotten Ozil? Do we count the deleted moves as transfers making a -12 or -16 more likely? (The one I saw at 12:12 had "Parr" in there somewhere, whoever that is.)

This process gets stranger all the time. I lose my spot earlier when my post gets deleted and now I lose a shot and I am not sure why!

7. scottk964

scottk964 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 1, 2004
    Winchester, VA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I reckon he had some trial trades in there before seeing how expensive Ozil was going to be. Barely beat me to him, but at 10.0 I'm not sure I could've afforded him. Thus, Eriksen.

FC St. Pauli

OUT: Fernandinho, Morrison, Hangeland
    IN: Eriksen - M - TOT - 8.0, Barry - M - EVE - 5.3, Sakho - D - LIV - 5.5

Bank: 1.1
    -8 pt penalty

8. DrHeckle

DrHeckle BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I did similar to Lobo but actually did the first lot of transfers...., then adjusted as I used my wild card. I firstly ditched Aguero, only to sign him back again 30 mins later which actually cost me 0.1.... bloody Ozil better be worth it

9. vegas2u

vegas2u Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    But do the trials count as transfers? If they don't count then did he in fact beat anyone to Ozil?

Do we need to get back to Hal's "no delete" rule for FPL postings?

DrHeckle repped this.
  10. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    I have no idea what happened and was sound asleep with no intent of being part of this little race, but do believe that a simple starting point if that no FPL posting should ever be deleted.

I don't know what the rules have been, but once a trade is posted, it should be final and the transfers need to be made to your team (with the sole exception being if you determine before making the transfers that the trade is not legal, i.e., if someone comes in a few minutes/seconds late in one of these races, in which case it doesn't occur, but even the illegal trades should remain in the thread).

If Lobo posted trades, then I would have thought they would need to be executed. But, with it deleted, I'm left with not knowing what occurred.

11. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #36 lobomojo, Sep 3, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
    I did not do trial trades before I found the price. Yes I did have Parr?, perhaps,thought it was Wisdom,? and Steer a 4.0 gk in first two rushed ones, one deal each for Eto'o and Ozil, and included Jones/Wisdom along with the three listed in the third one in botched copy and pastes from a note sheet. All 4 posts were valid financially. As there were no interim posts I switched and cleaned up and deleted the earlier posts after making the final post, so no one else had any chance whatsoever at either; thinking it would avoid not start confusion. I have seen similar done before often enough, did not occur to me it would be an issue.

Charge me 24 points (I used my WC last week), but then hence forth I expect points will be charged for all deleted posts, fpl forum edits and typos, mis-naming a player, and mistakes of adding another team's player, or similar before the GW deadlines.

12. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #37 lobomojo, Sep 3, 2013
    you can see the times of each and every post is after Eto'o ans Ozil were added.

12:10 "First post was:

"each side of"/" a separate deal

out cech, welbeck 7,6

in Steer , Eto 9.0"

Second was:

12:12 "out / jones Chadli

in Parr(? thought I'd put Wisdom Vegas says Parr) ozel 10.0"

12:18 Third was:

"out Welbeck F MUN 7.6; Cech GK CFC 6.5; Jones D Mun 6.0; Chadli M TOT 7.5

in Eto S CHE 9.0 ; McGregor GK HUL 4.5; Wisdom D LIV 4.5; Ozil M RS 10.0"

13. vegas2u

vegas2u Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    Your explanation makes sense, especially when your third post becomes a 4 player summary rather than the 3 player originally listed. I am not sure where I saw a "Parr" and must have been mistaken. The only thing missing is how Steer becomes McGregor, but if you tell me that was a error on your part, then I will accept that.

Now the clean up is to add the Wisdom for Jones transfer to Googledoc.

Those 4 moves would seem to cost 12 points if my math is correct.

I have made mistakes in those forum postings, up to and including having to many players from one team and not getting the math correct. It would not be my choice to charge points for all of those. A reasonable explanation is in my mind all that is necessary. These posts to beat the clock are difficult given all that we have to go through. I hope you can see where my questions came from. What was left for me was a 3 player move that did not make sense.

14. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #39 lobomojo, Sep 3, 2013
    can't do math before coffee I think -12 is the correct number plus the -8 FPL charged on trade for -20 total

or do I need another -8 to put jones in and out twice?

Edit: I see your post now; I will take -8 more to move Jones back and forth then, for a total of -20 plus the - 8 on FPL Posted trade for -28 for week, Jones is still on my team.

(I had hastily copied and pasted incorrectly from my notes in first two posts, and effed up the summation fix as well first try, and as no one posted, I did not know it would be an issue to correct to my original intent. - many lessons learned)

15. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    As if Jones was for Parr then the 3rd post would be invalid for him, only one -8 Jones in/out seems the most that can be charged regardless

RE-Edited here to: I see your post now; I will take -8 more to move Jones back and forth then, for a total of -12, plus the - 8 on FPL Posted trade for -20 for week, Jones is still on my team.

(I had hastily copied and pasted incorrectly from my notes in first two posts,( was going to include Jones and Steer if I included Gunnerson instead of Chadli) and effed up the summation fix as well first try, and as no one posted, I did not know it would be an issue to correct to my original intent. - many lessons learned)[/quote]

-4 McGreggor for Steer
    -8 Jones in and Out
    -12 total

16. vegas2u

vegas2u Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    Away for awhile. Sorry.

My 12 points was:
    In: Eto, Out: Welbeck - free as the first move of the new gameweek
    In: McGregor Out: Cech - now minus 4
    In: Wisdom Out: Jones - now minus 8
    In Ozil Out: Chadli - now minus 12 total

If you want Jones back, which was not discussed in the earlier reply, then I say that adds another -4. (Now minus 16 total) "Parr" was my mistake and should mean nothing to the deal. You have to decide whether Steer was your original intention. If you say it was Steer for Cech, and now McGregor for Steer, then that adds to the bill. In my humble opinion.

17. vegas2u

vegas2u Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    Posted by Craig Powell on 07 Sep 14:50
    Out: Campbell

In: Welbeck F MUN 7.7

Bank: 1.9

Out for the second int'l match, so I hope he is safe for the weekend. I hope.

18. tarvinodos

tarvinodos Member+

Jul 17, 2008
    Long Beach, CA
    One more day to wait and see who gets injured in WCQ matches. So far Toure has not dropped in value while waiting to see if he can mend himself and get in the starting line up...

Another long international break to go in October.

19. vegas2u

vegas2u Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    Wholly sh*t Loboman ...... how many transfers are you taking? The FPL site shows 5, or 16 points. That seems short to me.

20. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I kept Wisdom and on top of the -16 took another -4 (Steer) as listed on google for a total of -20 for the week. If y'all decide that is not enough for a 5 in the morning no glasses CTR-C typo issues corrected before any other posts were made, then plug in the number on google you want and I will take it, I'm through with this crap, and again hence forth, I expect points will be charged for all deleted posts, fpl forum edits and typos, mis-naming a player, and mistakes of adding another team's player, or similar before the GW deadlines.

21. tarvinodos

tarvinodos Member+

Jul 17, 2008
    Long Beach, CA
    What's going on? Usually I am the one messing up Google Doc, Deleting Posts and the like. I could probably get away with something sneaky with all the attention on Lobo.

Ozil will be well worth the bleed. Having Sinclair study the Ozil tapes all weekend.

22. vegas2u

vegas2u Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    It is not my intention to keep this going. Take however many points you think are right. 16 is ok with me.

This system we use to manage these games is just too tough to require such things as minute by minute (even second by second) accountability, but we try.

Please, no hard feelings and good luck with Ozil.

lobomojo repped this.
  23. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Crazy stuff in Small Rocks with the big transfer grabs this year. Can't wait until the January window:D

Toyed with taking a points hit (already used my FT on Lamela two weeks ago now) and even playing my wildcard, but I've decided to settle with my weak lineup for this week (when the hell did Silva get injured:mad:) and regroup after the weekend.

24. 1800-WorldCup

1800-WorldCup Read Nomadic Gatherings - TravelNotes.org/magun

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He was out because he was yellow-carded in the first international game; for having a shot after the whistle went.

His first yellow card was given in another game; for going down in the area and not getting the penalty he deserved.

So twice wrongly carded but fresh for the Premier league game.

:)

25. 1800-WorldCup

1800-WorldCup Read Nomadic Gatherings - TravelNotes.org/magun

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That's the original rule.... (for good reason) yet people still delete posts; even for typos...... like we've just had in our league.

Just make corrections in another post; that way ..... it's all clear.