Small Rocks 2012-2013 Organizing Thread

Discussion in 'Games & Fantasy' started by vegas2u, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now that we're close to starting I wanted to post my likely availability. I'm away tonight (party then mars landing) and will likely sleep in tomorrow since I'm not working until later and the damn rover comes so late here. I doubt it will matter given my unfortunate draft position (looking at likely players available for me makes me wish for a second that I was still playing non-draft FPL:cry: ) but don't expect to see me until around noon eastern. Assuming somebody sent me the frozen list by then, I should have no problem picking right then. I then have a couple hour window until I'm gone until evening. Unless the pick is right before the guy before me when that window closes I won't be using a proxy. First pick is simply too important. I will then be on until late Monday night/early Tuesday. I should then be here off and on all day Tuesday.

2. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    I've just done an update of the Roster List on the G-Doc if anyone else wants to take a look. I will check again in approx 9 hours to see if there were any changes, but I believe it usually has been occurring even later in the night so hopefully this is final. I'm manually downloading from here if anyone once to cross-check: http://fantasy.premierleague.com/player-list/

Depending on how the evening goes, my plan is to email that to Cannon before I go to bed tonight, but it could get delayed until morning. In any event, I'm not aware of anything that could change on the list in the next 24 hours that would impact anyone's first round picks (except for maybe one, but if it isn't at the link above by morning, then you know the answer).

3. glorydaze

glorydaze Member+

Liverpool FC
    Apr 5, 2007
    Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As I said earlier, my plan is to choose (2nd pick) around 6 AM EDT but would be happy to send it to someone before I go to bed to be posted after Vegas selects tonite. As much as I'd like to stay up follow the rover landing, I'll wait til morning for the success/disaster news. I am teaching but can steal a look or two during the day to keep up with the draft pace. I coach football and will be out of touch about 3:3o to 6:30 most days during the week.

4. vegas2u

vegas2u Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    I can do you pick when I do mine. No conflict. Just send me a Message or an email.

5. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    fyi, i'll be out for 90-120 minutes should it get to me before then.

6. ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee Member

Jul 27, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    When ColdDogVoodooSoupEvil FC and I make the same pick in round 1 - well the Mayans may have been right, the world might be ending ;)

lobomojo repped this.
  7. tarvinodos

tarvinodos Member+

Jul 17, 2008
    Long Beach, CA
    Well now it is going to get interesting. Not that I thought Sigurdson would be heading my way.. Rockville picked new signing Silva 1st last year. Let's see what happens this year.

8. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here. Sorry but my last 15 hours ended up being quite different than I had planned. Was sick from party, missed rover landing, and collapsed pre-dawn and just got up so let me catch up and I'll pick shortly.

9. glorydaze

glorydaze Member+

Liverpool FC
    Apr 5, 2007
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not likely to get to me soon but I'm off to practice for the next 3 hours.

10. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Done. That pick was as hard as I had thought it would be even with Sigurdsson going earlier than I expected. My pick could easily have gone for a half dozen other players. So many questions still out there. :confused:

That done I've got work to do (much later than planned all because of something I ate. Thanks, party host!:mad: ) so I'll be back in a couple hours.

BTW, thanks for the player list, blech.

11. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I take back that thanks, blech. Scrap plan B (A shall never be talked of) and on to C.

I've got to pick up my wife but back by 7.

12. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Back early. Looks like epikoinos hasn't been here in a couple hours so I'm heading to dinner with family. Back in two or so hours.

13. tarvinodos

tarvinodos Member+

Jul 17, 2008
    Long Beach, CA
    I am an hour away from a nice commute. Have a meeting from 7pm-9pm tonight PST.

To Torres or not to Torres.

14. Epikoinos

Epikoinos Soccer player-coach-manager-journalist

Arsenal, Real Salt Lake, Forward Madison
    United States
    Jan 6, 2004
    Oregon, WI
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry for delay ... Kids, cleaning the garage ... Multi-tasking on vacation.

15. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here. Just need to check news, talk myself out of silly gambles, and then proceed to take silly gamble.

16. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    around as well for 30 more

17. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    I've got a proxy pick for Tarv (just one) should it get that far, although I will commute myself at some point in the not too distant future so may have a short down time. I can take others if anyone is so inclined.

18. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Done. Went back and forth on that one for awhile. I had hoped for Tevez to drop to me. That had been the plan since seeing my draft spot/likely players left but blech (now to be called "that goddamn blech" for the rest of the draft ) went in for him a bit earlier than I thought. So I took a player that should be reliable. We can count scoring at Roma, right? ;)

Off for probably the rest of the night but will try to check in before I sleep on the off chance it gets back to me. Otherwise see you all early tomorrow and then I'm here pretty much all day.

19. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    off for a few hours will look in before bed then at 6:30 -7 am mst

20. tarvinodos

tarvinodos Member+

Jul 17, 2008
    Long Beach, CA
    I have to run to a meeting. Can some pm Glorydaze for me?

21. glorydaze

glorydaze Member+

Liverpool FC
    Apr 5, 2007
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm on. Pick in a minute.

22. glorydaze

glorydaze Member+

Liverpool FC
    Apr 5, 2007
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    City sweep. PM Tarv and off to bed.

23. vegas2u

vegas2u Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    Over and out. I'll check in through the night. Back on around 6a pacific.

24. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    around for a bit if it gets to me

25. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States