Small Rocks 2012-2013 Organizing Thread

Discussion in 'Games & Fantasy' started by vegas2u, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Epikoinos

Epikoinos Soccer player-coach-manager-journalist

Arsenal, Real Salt Lake, Forward Madison
    United States
    Jan 6, 2004
    Oregon, WI
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Never got an email. Reason for concern or no?

2. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    i used the verizon one, but as i'm looking at it again, am i right that you were using a gmail one also? to be safe, send me the one you want me to use for G-doc in a private conversation. i want to circulate it in the next day or so, which will allow everyone to confirm they have access long before we're scheduled to start.

3. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    i got it and have joined. as a tip if anyone is cutting and pasting it, be sure to remove any blank spaces before you hit enter. for some reason, it likes to add a blank space after the last number and then it won't work.

4. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    i got a new email for Epikoinos, and with that everyone should have received an email to the G-Doc for Small Rocks 2012-13.

there are several other worksheets if you scroll to the right, but for the draft, we will only use the first three -- Drafted Teams, Picks, and FPL Roster List.

while i deleted most everything from last year, i left the sheet for the Roster List from 2011-12 as i figured this would be the easiest way for the newcomers to see how we used it. basically, when you select a player, you will go to the Final Roster List (I'll double check this when we start) and put your team or name initials in the column next to the player. if you want to mark your player with your team color, even better, but it's not required.

while 3 pages may seem excessive, you don't actually have to do anything typing if you get comfortable with the cutting and pasting. you can block the 4 boxes for player, position, team and cost, and then color code it if you want, and then copy and paste it on the "picks" page and the "drafted teams" page.

tip: when pasting, use the "paste special" link under edit, and then "paste values" and it won't carry along box lines. and, if you realize you forgot, you can always "undo" and then do it again.

we can cover the other sheets and uses post-draft, but that's it for the draft. i'm assuming everyone is on board. again, i'll do an update of the roster list to pick up any additions or deletions from the next week next Sunday.

good luck, from the bottom end of the draft.

5. vegas2u

vegas2u Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    I'm in Googledoc. Thanks.

6. vegas2u

vegas2u Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    I sure hate these ads in the header of the threads. My is a Romney ad that I fire off seemingly on every pass. Now don't get me wrong, Romney and I are "brothers," in the church, and this is not political. Just tired of "What would a Romney ........" just because I waved my pointer across his ad space. ​
    See the things I deal with!?!?​

7. vegas2u

vegas2u Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    blech, your in luck.

Boselli has just been added to the database. As a 5.5 forward. And he is scoring a ton in the preseason. Could he be the number 8 pick?

8. tarvinodos

tarvinodos Member+

Jul 17, 2008
    Long Beach, CA
    Are we starting August 6th morning? My best availability is Monday to Friday 7am - 4pm. Weekends not so good but will PM blindly. As blech knows I can pick John Terry via cell phone whenever necessary.

9. vegas2u

vegas2u Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    I expect I will make the first pick around 9p(Pacific) on Sunday night. That way Paul R can decide whether to pick Sunday night or Monday morning. He's EDT. The rest can follow suit as they wish on Monday.

10. tarvinodos

tarvinodos Member+

Jul 17, 2008
    Long Beach, CA
    Sounds good. Being 3rd I can PM my pick in case we want to make some speed either night or morning....

11. glorydaze

glorydaze Member+

Liverpool FC
    Apr 5, 2007
    Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will make the 2nd pick around 6am ET Monday.

12. glorydaze

glorydaze Member+

Liverpool FC
    Apr 5, 2007
    Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And I am up and running in the small rocks league and google docs.

13. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    Perfect. I'll try to get on sometime around then to do the final update on the FPL Roster List. If you've already picked, I'll mark and color code that #1 pick for you and then it will be ready to roll for everyone else on Monday morning. If anyone wants a walk-through on the copying and pasting part so that no typing of player names is necessary, send me a note and we can set a time to get into the document at the same time and walk through it.

Curious to see who you take at #1, and even more curious to see who is left at #8....... No doubt at least a few of you will pull a few fast ones on me!!!

14. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm back but haven't had a chance to get my team started, joined league, etc. I'll do it later today. I'll be around most of Monday so that works fine for me too.

Just a reminder that I'll not be using the google doc for the draft or trades but will of course just post all my picks here as required for the draft and then on FPL site as required for trades. For those new to this league, I've tried using google docs for years (for this game and at work) with constant access problems and after wasting many days over and over again to fix the problem I've given up. Would it be possible for somebody to send me the final copy of the player pool in an Excel-readable form? If not, could you tell me when you plan on grabbing the list so I can just do the same?

15. vegas2u

vegas2u Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    I try to post Cannon's moves on googledoc as soon as I see them. Usually pretty good at keeping up, but others can help as necessary.

Cannon repped this.
  16. tarvinodos

tarvinodos Member+

Jul 17, 2008
    Long Beach, CA
    Sounds fine. The usual is checking FPL site anyways. Had 1800 in my league once. We updated for him.

17. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    Everyone ready to roll? Cannon's posted his G-Doc plan. Anyone else not planning to use it regularly? Has everyone confirmed that they can get on? If you didn't get an email, it must have gone to a different/old account, so send me a note and let me know what account you want to use to acccess it.

As a reminder, Vegas said he plans to make the first pick late Sunday evening (depending on your time zone it may be Monday morning), followed by G-Daze on Monday morning eastern time, and then we'll be rolling. I plan to do an update of the roster list on Sunday evening. It will be easy enough to download it to Excel and shoot a copy to Cannon, so I'll do that, but will assume everyone else will look to the G-Doc to see the frozen list.

18. tarvinodos

tarvinodos Member+

Jul 17, 2008
    Long Beach, CA
    I got the Google Docs and will use. Can PM my pick if we want a Sunday night pick..

19. vegas2u

vegas2u Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    Ready, REALY READY, to go.

Need ColdDog, Rockville and Touchline to join FPL. Plenty of time for that.

Anyone care to start a H2H league in FPL? I never look at the result, so it seems a waste of time to me. Not much time, but a waste anyway.

20. Epikoinos

Epikoinos Soccer player-coach-manager-journalist

Arsenal, Real Salt Lake, Forward Madison
    United States
    Jan 6, 2004
    Oregon, WI
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, I am in on FPL

Anybody else interested in this Player Exchange game on FPL?

21. scottk964

scottk964 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 1, 2004
    Winchester, VA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haven't yet gotten the gdoc invite, but just sent you a pm with new email address.

22. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok. I'm now in the FPL SR league. That is the only code I've seen so far. Did I miss codes for the All rocks, cups, head to head, etc?

23. vegas2u

vegas2u Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    That's the only code I am aware of.

24. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC