Small Rocks 2012-2013 Organizing Thread

Discussion in 'Games & Fantasy' started by vegas2u, Jul 20, 2012.

1. scottk964

scottk964 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 1, 2004
    Winchester, VA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm in the same situation Saturday. Sunday 100% good.

Blech, I forget what I said about time for my proxy, but go ahead with it whenever it's my turn. An at airport now in btw flights.

Edit: I think I sent proxy to Eric, not blech...

2. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So that is three votes for Sunday noon. Thanks.

Pick done. I've got to be away for a few hours (back around lunch time) but with only blech still to pick after me. I'll send him my proxy list shortly. The other teams I see that won't/can't pick a DEF in my price range are: vegas and lobo. I'll send the proxy list to you guys as well even though you might not still be around when my turn comes.

3. vegas2u

vegas2u Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    Off line for the rest of the day. Seems there is an Omaha Zoo in my future.

Did learn something at the concert last night. John Popper, Blues Traveler, can really play the harmonica!

4. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    will be gone most of day but have proxys out

Sunday is fine, whenever, I had my transfer fees and player salaries Corporate Card cut in half in front of me...

5. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got pulled away for a bit but now back and sent proxy list to everyone except tarv and glorydaze. Gone for at least 4 hours.

6. tarvinodos

tarvinodos Member+

Jul 17, 2008
    Long Beach, CA
    Lots of research but will now make pick

7. glorydaze

glorydaze Member+

Liverpool FC
    Apr 5, 2007
    Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    About to throw down a test so my pick is forthcoming. Sunday noon is good for me.

8. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    So, Sunday at noon eastern / 9 a.m. pacific. I'll likely put the final pick up sometime this afternoon. Need to look at it all again real quickly but tied up until lunch.

9. tarvinodos

tarvinodos Member+

Jul 17, 2008
    Long Beach, CA
    I sent a text to FC St. Pauli after my pick.

10. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    See you guys Sunday @ noon. Thanks everybody for being cool with the delayed start.

11. Epikoinos

Epikoinos Soccer player-coach-manager-journalist

Arsenal, Real Salt Lake, Forward Madison
    United States
    Jan 6, 2004
    Oregon, WI
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have always enjoyed the Omaha Zoo -- went there while at the College World Series for three years

Blues Traveler with Barenaked Ladies, Cracker and Big Head Todd and the Monsters? They're in Milwaukee tonight at the Wisconsin State Fair (which is where I spent my morning)

12. vegas2u

vegas2u Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    Yes, same groups. The hit for me was Blues Traveler. I kept having to ask my son-in-law if that was really just a harmonica. Never heard anything like that.

The zoo was surprisingly good. Much larger than I had expected.

Looks like we are almost done.

Anyone have a problem with my adding my brother, Pork Soda, to our Googledoc spreadsheet? Just to look. He and I talk about this stuff all the time, and this would make it easier.

13. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Despite that unusual other-pork oder left in his wake, he seems a likable enough weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee near-piglet:cool:; but I draw the line at Mama P. that would be like turning Gaffer Brian Clough loose in an U-5 league

14. glorydaze

glorydaze Member+

Liverpool FC
    Apr 5, 2007
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't mind if he gets to take a peak. Your bro has been around these parts longer than I have. Congrats to everyone who made this smooth and enjoyable. Great job communicating and keeping it moving.
    So how do you feel about it? I like my goalkeepers in that they rotate home/home quite well. I think I went a bit numb through the middle rounds. I went with Lallana in the 10th when Taarabt was available. Having 2nd thought there. I have to watch Sinclair now to see if he will end up at MCI which will give me one too many there and warrant a move. I avoided high priced mids that looked to be targeted for rotational risk, although I think maybe Lobo may have had the right idea when he implemented the "buy'em all now-sort 'em out later" strategy. Blech went strong on strikers. Seems to me that a little patience there could pay off or at least create great cap space. What would the impact of RVP moving to MU have on both him and Rooney?

Now how do I keep from dismantling the whole thing and starting over?:confused:

15. scottk964

Apr 1, 2004
    Winchester, VA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love how you guys are talking about Blues Traveler like they're a new band...:cool:

16. vegas2u

vegas2u Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    New to me. You have to know that kids and work pretty much ended my music adventure in the mid-80's. These guys have been around for quite awhile, but not as long as me!

17. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    I've moved sheets around on the GDoc. Please use the sheet "** Updated Rosters **" to show changes during the season. As a reminder, it has worked pretty effectively to highlight players that are new to each team with that team's color. It makes for a pretty easy visual of who the new acquisitions are. There is no specific time period for this; I highlight my players when I add them and then usually clear the highlighting after a player has been on the team for about a week.

The "Trades" sheet was another easy way to keep track of recent acquisitions, and definitely beats scrolling through old weekly threads on the FPL site. As I've mentioned several times during the draft, the use of "copy" and "paste values" can come in very handy. I usually do the manual typing on the Trades page and then copy and paste onto the updated roster page, but bottom line is that I only type once.

The next sheet is "Players Owned." No typing or input is permitted here, but this sheet is quite handy in getting a look at who is and who isn't available. It takes the information on the Updated Rosters sheet and puts it into a format that allows for easy sorting. Just copy and paste to your own Excel sheet at any point in the season, and then you can sort by EPL team or by position. Since it contains formulas, you may need to paste "values" but it's pretty convenient to be able to take a look by EPL team if you're focused on a team or two that is having a good run or has good fixtures.

18. tarvinodos

tarvinodos Member+

Jul 17, 2008
    Long Beach, CA
    Glory daze and Cold Dog Soup still need to get into the All Rocks 2012-2013

Sent the code via PM

19. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like the Santi Cazorla race was interesting. Scott, maybe next time do what I did a while back when I knew that there would be such a race and hit the post button based on the international atomic clock. Can't beat that for getting in first. :D

So how do people feel about their squads now? Did the shield change that? I know I'm a bit more worried about Clichy and Cahill now and wishing yet again that I had grabbed Tevez. Tarv must be annoyed with that red card. Anyone doing a post draft analysis of all the SR teams?

20. scottk964

Apr 1, 2004
    Winchester, VA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Cazorla thing was BS. I hit the post button literally one second after I saw my mac's clock change, which is supposed to be synchronized with the atomic clock. Oh well. Hopefully Nasri will keep starting for City.

So are we gonna be posting transfers in a BigSoccer thread too?

21. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Posted by Lobo Mojo on 12 Aug 18:09

out: Barnett D NOR 4.0

In: Gunter D RDG 4,0

bank .0.00000000000000
    free

22. glorydaze

glorydaze Member+

Liverpool FC
    Apr 5, 2007
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm in. Thanks.

23. tarvinodos

tarvinodos Member+

Jul 17, 2008
    Long Beach, CA
    yes that was my captain for the double game week.... Had Tevez end of last season and thought I would get him again.

24. Epikoinos

Epikoinos Soccer player-coach-manager-journalist

Arsenal, Real Salt Lake, Forward Madison
    United States
    Jan 6, 2004
    Oregon, WI
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Feeling much better having added Cazorla ... by the skin of my teeth, luckily. Probably would have picked up Nasri if that had failed.
    I'm not exactly sure what Mancini is up to with that backline, trying the 3-5-2 and trying to buy Agger, too? Not sure how all those guys will get playing time. Kind of risky for me to go without anyone from City.

25. tarvinodos

tarvinodos Member+

Jul 17, 2008
    Long Beach, CA
    All buttoned up..